+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

temmyt

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Teni said:
Guys many thanks for ur help, i honestly appr8t all ur informations, may u all find help in yr times of need.
please which address do i send my additional information to? Does any1 have Accra office addr?
And how do i address the Envelop (stupid question) but i need to know
Hey they would have attached the address with the email sent to you along with the officer's initial (sometimes)-follow the instruction.
Also did you decide to get married again as I think this would be your best option and write a letter explaining you situation.
All the best!

Teni

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
please is there any1 who has been asked for additional information? how did u sent it? and how was it addressed?av read my mail again and didnt get any additional infor on how to sent my docmt

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
Hello everyone, i have been away cos i was very sick and down after my wife's interview without knowing whether she has been approved or refused. Today is exactly 1 week since her interview and nothing heard from the office. All i know is they took her original birth certtificate and some school documents of her's as well as her school pictures. According to my wife all the questions she was asked were about her education not our relationship. They even told her to say her result wasn't hers so she will have her visa but she said you can keep your visa. I just don't get it because if i have a university degree doesn't mean my wife too should have a degree. i have spoke to a lawyer and he told me that this is spousal sponsorship and has nothing to do with my wife's education so i should relax. Now i am waiting to her from them and decide my next option. I would like to congratulate everyone who got their visa and all the best in the upcoming new year.

none

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
12 July 2012--Requesting a signature and CIC-O received the Doc's with signature on April 20, 2012
AOR Received.
12 July 2012---
File Transfer...
July 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 2nd, 2012
Interview........
November 21,2012 at 8:00 am
VISA ISSUED...
November 21.2012
bbccanada said:
Hello everyone, i have been away cos i was very sick and down after my wife's interview without knowing whether she has been approved or refused. Today is exactly 1 week since her interview and nothing heard from the office. All i know is they took her original birth certtificate and some school documents of her's as well as her school pictures. According to my wife all the questions she was asked were about her education not our relationship. They even told her to say her result wasn't hers so she will have her visa but she said you can keep your visa. I just don't get it because if i have a university degree doesn't mean my wife too should have a degree. i have spoke to a lawyer and he told me that this is spousal sponsorship and has nothing to do with my wife's education so i should relax. Now i am waiting to her from them and decide my next option. I would like to congratulate everyone who got their visa and all the best in the upcoming new year.
How r u doing now, better? i wish you good health. By the grace of God your wife will get her visa soon.

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 18. 2012 bcos I withdrew
Med's Done....
20-03-2012 2nd med April 29th 2013
Interview........
1st visa issuance Dec 19,2012
Passport Req..
2nd visa issuance June 5,2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
Teni said:
please is there any1 who has been asked for additional information? how did u sent it? and how was it addressed?av read my mail again and didnt get any additional infor on how to sent my docmt
I was asked to pay RPRF ,which I did and I sent the receipt to CPC Mississauga and I was asked for Additional family info , I sent it to this address thru FedEx

Canadian High Commission
Immigration section
P.O. Box 1639
Accra - Ghana

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 18. 2012 bcos I withdrew
Med's Done....
20-03-2012 2nd med April 29th 2013
Interview........
1st visa issuance Dec 19,2012
Passport Req..
2nd visa issuance June 5,2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
bbccanada said:
Ur wife is going to get her Visa, I think the VO just bullied her to confess what she did not do. I believe God will touch the heart of that VO and will not tear your family apart becos of education background bull****.

Teni

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
thanks Monalizy, appr8t, @ bbccanada i agree with Monalizy, just keep ur finger crossed, she will get the visa 4 sure

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
Thank you all for your support and i really do appreciate!

ephyssy

Jun 29, 2012
kayee said:
Hi Epyssy, i ve a quick question . Do we ve to fill out the IMM 0008 form again cos on the correspondence we received it says " Updated family information: you must advise us of any change in your marital status or family composition. All family members must be listed on your IMM8 application form. Failure to comply may result in a delay in the issuance of your visa.

Did ur wife fill out this form or it only applies when ur family composition has changed? Thanks for your help
@ kayee, Congrats kayee,am very sorry i have been busy,you will still need to fill out IMM008 again,because my wife filled it out again.

Dec 7, 2012
Hello Everyone,

This thread has been so helpful to my husband and I, it has given us so much hope and insight to the spousal sponsorship process. We are so happy and blessed that my husband has been approved and got his visa within such a short period of time.

Overall our sponsorship process took just under 5 months:
Application received in Mississauga: July 2 2012
Medical Received: July 2nd 2012
Application for Perm Residence (hubby): July 2nd 2012
Spouse Sponsor approved: Sept 18 2012 - Received letter
CIC Website updated on Nov 26th: 'We started processing (hubby's name)on November 23rd 2012"

Hubby received Email: Nov 29th 2012 - (summary of email) VISA APPROVED! Submit his passport photos, form and passport (vis DHL) or collect in person at Accra office. The email stated that he has 15 days from the date of the email, to submit documents(passport, form & passport photos). And must enter Canada by the expiry date of his Medical.

On Wednesday Dec 5th my hubby flew to Accra Ghana to get the VISA in his passport (line-up & process took 6 hours!) We are now planning and organizing his move to Canada before Christmas!

I hope this helps give you all hope that you will hear from Accra soon, keep positive and have faith.