+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

obannobi

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Wow that was helpful, I am more assured that is for my wife. Did they ask her questions regarding it during the interview? I applied for gicm note, would possible interview request show there?

obannobi said:
Wow that was helpful, I am more assured that is for my wife. Did they ask her questions regarding it during the interview? I applied for gicm note, would possible interview request show there?

They did not because he was listed on my PIF. The reason they wanted to see it is to confirm that he was mentioned in the claim and his role etc since I was already married before coming to Canada.

In fact, they just asked him about himself and it was conversational. They kind of were talking and one question will lead to another.

obannobi

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
My case is difference because I got married last year and was already a citizen 6 years before. I think that she will be called for interview , but they gave me 60 days and didn't ask for further proof. Was your interview intense?After you submitted your your documents, how long before they made their decision?

Ghanaboy

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Acra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-2013
Med's Request
24-04-2014
Med's Done....
29-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
hello macus and obonabi
how far are u getting with ur mobilization of docs? hope u dnt waste too manyntime in submitting that,belfy how are u too? dnt leave any stone unturned
hope u all are doing great? we all shall definately see the soils in canada someday

macus

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Hi Ghanaboy, thanks for checking. The immigration canada, on friday last week sent my wife one of the documents requested. So we have two(2) of the documents requested out of the three(3). We can't tell when the last one will come. And we don't have no day to waste anymore. We have every other thing they requested for. I have also sent an email to accra informing them about the situation. So my wife will send them to me and it will take about 3workings days to get to me. As soon as I receive it, I will send it to accra and it will also take me 3working days. Obannobi how about you?

macus said:
Hi Ghanaboy, thanks for checking. The immigration canada, on friday last week sent my wife one of the documents requested. So we have two(2) of the documents requested out of the three(3). We can't tell when the last one will come. And we don't have no day to waste anymore. We have every other thing they requested for. I have also sent an email to accra informing them about the situation. So my wife will send them to me and it will take about 3workings days to get to me. As soon as I receive it, I will send it to accra and it will also take me 3working days. Obannobi how about you?
Hi macus, in the interest of time, ask your wife to scan and email you the document so that you can just print and send. That's what we did.

macus

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Hi Iwodamioire, if we had known earlier, I would have asked my wife to scan them to me, but she also have her call logs and letters from friends over there attesting about the genuiness of our marriage as accra requested. From my calculation, I think we still have about 10days left to the deadline date. Please do you know if the 30days given to us is counted with weekends (saturdays and sundays) or they are 30working days?

obannobi

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Ghanaboy and Macus thanks guys for continuous effort, we are all going to get there sooner than later. I have all the pictures required just waiting for IRB to send my PIF , reasons and decision. Someone callee me from their Toronto office to inform me that they are working on it but cannot expedit it because my file has been moved to their next location.I am off to Dubai in a week with my wife she will meet me from Nigeria.I am up in Ft McMurry now, so I hope that I can get the documents from IRB , if not, I might send the pictures and scan the rest through email.I really want it over soon, but either way my wife can't come till February, so I will see her in Nigeria in Xmas and hopefully it would be approved by then. I am just upset that they make things difficult inspite of my over 50k paid in taxes each year. I hate immigration things to be honest, anyways, I am sure that we are all going to make it.

macus said:
Hi Iwodamioire, if we had known earlier, I would have asked my wife to scan them to me, but she also have her call logs and letters from friends over there attesting about the genuiness of our marriage as accra requested. From my calculation, I think we still have about 10days left to the deadline date. Please do you know if the 30days given to us is counted with weekends (saturdays and sundays) or they are 30working days?
I understand. ... I'm not really sure how they count their days but most likely its Monday to Sunday. I think there's a grace period too. Its good to send all you have with a note that you are still waiting for the last document and that you will send it in as soon as they are received.

obannobi

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Macus your wife can scan and send them zip file while you send the rest from Africa. The earlier the better, of they said no to email you can then send it. Anything that can be scan can start going right away. I have 60 days that's why I am sending it after my vacation , except if IRB send my other documents this week. Macus we are all going to be fine and no interview you will see.

obannobi said:
My case is difference because I got married last year and was already a citizen 6 years before. I think that she will be called for interview , but they gave me 60 days and didn't ask for further proof. Was your interview intense?After you submitted your your documents, how long before they made their decision?
Hi Obannobi,

You are right, your case is different. According to my husband, it was a quick interview and they asked questions about the time that we were not communicating frequently (4 years ago as stated on my form). Then they told him they believe that our marriage is real but they were concerned that we may not be together again after 12 years apart.

To answer your other question, they invited him for the interview 2 weeks after the last document was delivered to them.

That interview was very expensive, considering flight, hotel and time from work. But God did it for us and He will do it for you all...without an interview.

obannobi

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Thanks Iwo. they ask for document within 60 days for their decision, in the form background that is for principle applicant we said not to question 6c, so I kept thinking if that was the reason behind the request. Regardless, I will provide them with the documentations and see the next move. The ask for pictures of signing marriage certificate which was my fault,was concern about all the traditional pictures, lol. Oh well, I can't wait to see my wife next week in Dubia. I think that IRB might take time to locate my document.

obannobi said:
Thanks Iwo. they ask for document within 60 days for their decision, in the form background that is for principle applicant we said not to question 6c, so I kept thinking if that was the reason behind the request. Regardless, I will provide them with the documentations and see the next move. The ask for pictures of signing marriage certificate which was my fault,was concern about all the traditional pictures, lol. Oh well, I can't wait to see my wife next week in Dubia. I think that IRB might take time to locate my document.
IRB found my 12 years document and I received it in 3 weeks. Not sure how long your is but you should be fine.

obannobi

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Thank you so much, was not prepared for immigration dealings again if not for my wife, lol. I hope that you guys enjoy Canada, if you are living in the east so you know west is not bad.