+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

macus

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Hi Obannobi, I'm glad you were able to request for the document. I don't think you have anything to worry about. But like you said, just submit what they requested for and I pray that you will hear a positive reply from accra.

obannobi

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Macus, I am going to send them explanation of confusion in regards to the 6c. form that asked that question. I am going to clarify that since the form was for the principle applicant that we thought it was for my wife only. What do you think or just to leave it alone?

macus

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Hi Obannobi. Sure, send them an email and they will get back to you and explain better. I sent them an email when I was confused about one of the forms they requested for, and they wrote me back to explain, although it took 2days to hear back from them. I think you should send them an email and they will get back to you. That's my suggestion. Please Obronibini, Iwodamiorie, Ghanaboy and all the wonderful people on this forum, could you guys please help out on what you think about Obannobi issue?

BethMartin

Jun 29, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for people whose Family Class applications are being processed/have been processed through Accra, to interview as part of my PhD research at Ryerson University in Toronto. You may have seen my general post in the Family Class forum a few weeks ago, but nobody going through Accra has responded yet and I would really like to have representation from West Africa.

The purpose of my study is to examine the Canadian Family Class immigration stream, to determine which aspects of the family class immigration stream work well and which aspects need improvement.

As part of the study I am carrying out interviews by person (in Toronto and Ottawa) and by Skype, with individuals from 30 different families who are applying for reunification through the Canadian family class stream of immigration (or who completed the process in the last five years) about their experiences of the application process.

If you are in the process of sponsoring one or more family members to Canada, or if you completed this process within the last five years, you can participate in this study.

If you agree to participate:

- I will ask you to talk to me about the processes you have already gone through (e.g. approval as a sponsor, approval of family members to be sponsored) and your opinions about different aspects of the program. I will also ask you for basic demographic information about the sponsor and the family member(s) being sponsored (e.g. age range, country of origin, gender).

- The interview will take 30-60 minutes and can be in English, French or Spanish, depending on your choice. We will decide on a location, date and time together. If you are in Toronto or Ottawa the place we choose should be somewhere where you cannot be seen or heard by other people, but it should not be in a family home. If you are not in Toronto or Ottawa I can interview you by Skype.

- Any information you give which can identify you personally will be treated as confidential and will be disclosed only with your permission or if required by law. Neither your name nor other identifying information will appear in any written or verbal reports associated with the study. Fictitious or false names will be used instead. I am not affiliated with Citizenship and Immigration Canada and your participation in my study will have no effect on your application for family reunification.

I will compensate you for your time with a gift card of $50 for a grocery store.

If you have any questions or would like to participate in this study please send me a message, or contact me at b22marti@ryerson.ca, or 647 636 9411 (Toronto) / 613 618 5572 (Ottawa).

This study has been reviewed and approved by the Research Ethics Board, Ryerson University (and this post was approved in advance by the moderators of this forum).

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this.

Good luck with your applications :)

Beth

Beth Martin, M.S.W.
PhD Candidate, Policy Studies (Immigration policy)
Ryerson University, Toronto
b22marti@ryerson.ca
647 636 9411 (Toronto)/ 613 618 5572 (Ottawa)

TemiA

Sep 4, 2014
macus said:
Hi TemiA. Having a court wedding alone does not affect the process as long you have enough proof to show that the marriage is genuine. Take enough pictures and also pictures while signing the marriage certificate. Its ok if your spouse parents can't be at present at the marriage due to the distance but your spouse should have other relations and friends present at the wedding and you guys should take a lot of pictures. Not only on the wedding but also outings and honeymoon. You can do the church and trad over there as you said, when he come to join you. I guess the court marriage should be ok as long as you have enough proof and evidence of marriage genuineness. Yes you should start keeping your phone records and calling cards as this will be needed. Also keep saving your messages on watsapp and other ways you communicate together. There is not much he needs to do from his end but keep saving conversations and communications details of you guys. I hope I have been able to explain a little. You will find other helpful and wonderful people on this forum who will also be sharing ideas with you when the time comes. Until then, good luck to you.

Thank you Macus for your help/advice. I think to avoid any headache, we'll just go through the whole process; traditional etc.

TemiA

Sep 4, 2014
Ghanaboy said:
Temia u will also need a profe of financial support,but we shall enlighten u much when the time is due ok?
Hi Ghanaboy, Thank you for your response. When you say "proof of financial support", do you mean ability to support once he's here ie, having a job or proof that i've been supporting him while he's in Nigeria?

TemiA

Sep 4, 2014
crucial said:
Hi TemiA, welcome to the forum, good thing that you joined even before the sponsorship process. However you will learn a lot from here which will help you in the process. Some of us joined very late and just knew things after making lots of blunder in our cases. As for marriage proofs I advise you use some telephone company where you can actually get the phone records like Telephonenigeria.com or even Rebtel. With these companies you will have phone records. Money transfers like western union or money gram receipts. It is also important for the detail of your first contact/meeting, when proposal was made. You can also add affidavits from persons (friend or family) from either side who can attest to the existence and continuing relationship between you and your spouse. Like other members have suggested emails, social network chats(Facebook, whatsapp, viber calls) will be very helpful. I really wish you the very best in the whole process .Just start gathering all your stuff from now till the marriage ceremony day. Also try to keep a guest list for all the ceremonies-very important.
Thank you Crucial. I will tell him to look into the companies you listed but I've made arrangement with my phone provider to send me my monthly phone statement as well. As for money gram proof, I don't send him money so we won't have history with money gram but I hope they don't look at that suspiciously. I've reached out to my friends and they will provide we me with supporting document to show that the relationship is indeed valid. Thank you so much.TemiA

koko30

Mar 31, 2014
obannobi said:
They asked for for documents. 1. They need the right photograph which I am convinced that my wife made a mistake on. Then they requested for PIF- I have a copy of mine, I am wondering if it is the same one sent to the immigration when I came to Canada. Also, I have my refugee claim decision to send to them as well- not sure if that is all they need. 4- They ask for pictures during signing of marriage certificate. Please advise if that is what you are submitting as well. I am going to Dubia on a vacation with my wife in 20 days, I might wait till after to send in. They gave me 60 days from today. What happens after?
send me your email,let me advice you on what to do,most people who claim refugee in canada and dont add their spouse get same letter,but they are things you need to add to submit to get your visa

obannobi

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Koko thanks for your concern, my email is kenbopl@yahoo.ca . Also,you can add me on Skype with obannobi8. I look forward to hearing from you. I have been a Canadian citizen for over 6 years now, so that was where my confusion is manifesting from.

Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2014 (Received as per tracking 21-03-2013)
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
Hi everyone, sorry I haven't posted lately we have been busy getting ready etc. Just letting everyone know that I landed this past Thursday, Sept 4. Everything went smoothly and it feels so good to finally be together with my wife again :) I pray everyone gets their approvals soon and everyone who is awaiting their flight has a successful landing as well. God bless, your time is coming too

adetoks214

Aug 1, 2014
Hi everyone, my wife and daughter finally landed last Friday. Its been a sweet reunion. Wish everyone the very best. Surely you will all get here in Jesus precious name

Obrunicoco

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-14
Doc's Request.
20-08-2014
AOR Received.
06-06-14
File Transfer...
SA 09-06-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
LANDED..........
10-12-2014
Obronibini....congrats on your arrival!!!! You must be so happy. I hope Canada leaves a positive impression on you and you feel like it's your home very quickly.

We are still waiting for the UK police check, a slow and expensive process. Once we submit that (next week probably) we don't expect it to take long. Ghana one is all finished, thank god.

To everyone else - I hope you are still feeling hopeful, soon we will all be reunited with our loved ones!

Ghanaboy

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Acra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-2013
Med's Request
24-04-2014
Med's Done....
29-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
Obronibini said:
Hi everyone, sorry I haven't posted lately we have been busy getting ready etc. Just letting everyone know that I landed this past Thursday, Sept 4. Everything went smoothly and it feels so good to finally be together with my wife again :) I pray everyone gets their approvals soon and everyone who is awaiting their flight has a successful landing as well. God bless, your time is coming too
Hey man,i went to accra few days ago and was looking for u but ur fone was off,i realised u had disappeared already,hope u enjoying Canada,have fun but wait for me