Thoz who got 6-12 months wait letter

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hinnajamal said:
TNT is good but its not working in my area now. A second attempt was made by the beat agent of the City Link but there was no one to receive the shipment. He visited after 5:07. May be the embassy working hour for the public was closed then.? Confused
Hi Hinna!

Yes thats the problem. They are going very late thats why no one is available. Their drop box time is till 4pm. check the following link. Call them and ask them to go early. Thanks

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/consular_services_consulaires/hours_consul_heures.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

Drop-Off Box, Macdonald House

Monday to Friday*
08h00 to 16h00

WAY

Mar 1, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 22, 2010
Doc's Request.
April 06, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 13, 2010
IELTS Request
Already done
File Transfer...
May 22, 2012
Med's Request
April 09, 2014 (Re-med)
Med's Done....
May 02, 2014 (Re-med)
Interview........
Hopefully Waived
Passport Req..
PPR-1 (May 13, 2014), PPR-2 (Jun 11, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jun 27, 2014
LANDED..........
Nov 2014, Permanent landing not decided yet
Good info. Thanks for sharing & yes, congrats on passing your meds. Wish everything ahead, goes well for you.............:)

aadil1234 said:
Thanks.

I completed my medical at ISB IOM on 17th Dec 2012. They charged 3500+3500+1850 ( 1 year Old kid).

Medical Request Letter/ Acknowledgement Letter from Canadian High Commission. ( We were three person in family So they asked three copies of MR letter) one for one passport, 4 pictures, 2 copies of passports.

All process took 4 hrs.

First they took Chest XRAY

2nd they took Urine sample. ( Night mare. Because i was drinking water since i was in IOM office. :p)

Third they checked eye sights. ( It was also horrible as they asked us to read the said articles in mirror reflection with one eye. They checked both eyes by closing one by one. It was very difficult because of the light reflection and the size of the articles was too small)

4th they checked BP

5th They took blood samples.

6th The Doctor took physical examination ( To find out the any surgery or orthopedic problems)

In last the good thing was the Doctor briefly explain me ( Principle Applicant) that your family is passed in medical assessment and all reports are fine and they will send it to India in three days.

Good Luck to ALL....

hinnajamal

May 6, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Done
LANDED..........
March 2013
cocknbull said:
Hi Hinna!

Yes thats the problem. They are going very late thats why no one is available. Their drop box time is till 4pm. check the following link. Call them and ask them to go early. Thanks

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/consular_services_consulaires/hours_consul_heures.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

Monday to Friday*
08h00 to 16h00
Thanks. A request has been made to the City Link to drop it between 11:00 to 2:00.

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hinnajamal said:
Thanks. A request has been made to the City Link to drop it between 11:00 to 2:00.
Thats great. Hopefully it will be delivered today but What a pity for city link courier, why going so late, my personal opinion don't use TCS for international shipment, its good for domestic but not international.

ashrafbwn

Oct 4, 2009
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-March-2010(CIC), Full Docs:06-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
14-April-2010
AOR Received.
15-Sep-2010
cocknbull said:
What a pity for city link courier, why going so late, my personal opinion don't use TCS for international shipment, its good for domestic but not international.
I am happy customer of Fedex. Excellent service--- on time delivery with real time tracking.

kindeel

Star Member
Jul 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
Alhamdulillah 21/03/14
ASK said:
Thanks for sharing the link. With reference to your title, this is the first time CIC is announcing a specific date for Federal Skilled Workers Program after they have temporarily stopped accepting new applications without arranged employment offers. You must have confused it with Federal Skilled Trades Stream which will start on January 2, 2013.

Here is an overview of the new FSW program - what are the changes and how points will be calculated based on the new system. Please find the link below:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/overview-of-the-new-federal-skilled-worker-program-how-points-will-be-awarded-t128822.0.html;msg1963123#msg1963123

There are still proposals for an Expression Of Interest (EOI) system as practiced by Australia and New Zealand. Hope it helps.
News Release — An Immigration System that Works for Canada

New Federal Skilled Worker Program to accept applications beginning May 4, 2013

Ottawa, December 19, 2012 — The new selection system for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) will take effect on May 4, 2013 at which time the program will re-open for applications, Citizenship, Immigration, and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced today.

“The government's number one priority remains jobs, economic growth, and long-term prosperity,” said Minister Kenney. “The new Federal Skilled Worker Program criteria will ensure Canada is selecting the skilled immigrants our economy needs, who are the most likely to succeed and fully realize their potential in Canada.”

The improvements to the FSWP points grid are based on a large body of research which has consistently shown that language proficiency and youth are two of the most important factors in the economic success of immigrants.

The final changes to the FSWP selection criteria include:
•Minimum official language thresholds and increased points for official language proficiency, making language the most important factor in the selection process;
•Increased emphasis on younger immigrants, who are more likely to acquire valuable Canadian experience, are better positioned to adapt to changing labour market conditions, and who will spend a greater number of years contributing to Canada's economy;
•Introduction of the Educational Credential Assessment (ECA), so that education points awarded reflect the foreign credential's true value in Canada;
•Changes to the arranged employment process, allowing employers to hire applicants quickly, if there is a demonstrated need in the Canadian labour market; and
•Additional adaptability points for spousal language ability and Canadian work experience.

“For too long, too many immigrants to Canada have experienced underemployement and unemployment, and this has been detrimental to these newcomers and to the Canadian economy,” said Minister Kenney. “Our transformational changes to the FSWP will help ensure that skilled newcomers are able to contribute their skills fully to the economy as soon as possible. This is good for newcomers, good for the economy, and good for all Canadians.”

There are two new steps to the new selection system. First, applicants will have to demonstrate that they meet the minimum language threshold, which is level 7 of the Canadian Language Benchmark assessment system. Applicants will be able to get a language assessment from existing agencies designated by the Minister and listed on the CIC website.

Second, applicants will have their education credentials assessed prior to arriving in Canada. A list of assessment organizations designated by the Minister will be made available early in the New Year. The assessment of foreign educational credentials will provide prospective newcomers with a more realistic understanding of how their credentials compare to education standards in Canada. It will also give them the opportunity to upgrade their education prior to coming to Canada if they choose.

It is important to note that these changes will not apply to people who have applied to the FSWP prior to May 4, 2013 with a qualifying arranged job offer or under the Ph.D. stream.

As recently announced, due to the actions taken over the past months, new applications under the FSWP will be processed in a few months, rather than a few years. In order to ensure fast processing times and to avoid backlogs, the new FSWP will accept a fixed number of applications each year.

In the medium term, the Government is also moving forward to develop and implement an Expression of Interest (EOI) model, which will provide employers with access to a pool of skilled workers.

It is important to note that these changes will not apply to people who have applied to the FSWP prior to May 4, 2013 with a qualifying arranged job offer or under the Ph.D. stream.

DID they are planing to apply these rules on Pre 4 MAY 2013 FSW Applications I mean existing applications pending for final decision?

mian_g

May 24, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
london
LANDED..........
02/07/2014
cocknbull said:
Thats great. Hopefully it will be delivered today but What a pity for city link courier, why going so late, my personal opinion don't use TCS for international shipment, its good for domestic but not international.
This MacDonald house is at central London and horrible place to drive in. The best possible is to walk or cycle. The standard office hours are 09.00 - 17.00 but may differ. I remember last time my docs were delivered at 08:45 as have used Royal Mail (Local Postal system) and can be tracked fully, a guaranteed next day 12:pM delivery.

mian_g

May 24, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
london
LANDED..........
02/07/2014
hinnajamal said:
TNT is good but its not working in my area now. A second attempt was made by the beat agent of the City Link but there was no one to receive the shipment. He visited after 5:07. May be the embassy working hour for the public was closed then.? Confused
This is City Link fault as trying to deliver after 5 PM. May be people there but no chance would receive any post. TIME is TIME here.

mian_g

May 24, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
london
LANDED..........
02/07/2014
ashrafbwn said:
I am happy customer of Fedex. Excellent service--- on time delivery with real time tracking.
Fed Ex , DHL ,TNT etc have their own planes to deliver. TCS is ok but not for UK, main drawback is really worst tracking as the item may have been delivered but would not be updated for 2-3 days. The rest of service providers tracking is I believe linked to the delivery man scanner even as the receiver had to sign an electronic gadget and updated instantly. Even Online shopping has excellent tracking system as you receive goods, instantly updated on their system.

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mian_g said:
This MacDonald house is at central London and horrible place to drive in. The best possible is to walk or cycle. The standard office hours are 09.00 - 17.00 but may differ. I remember last time my docs were delivered at 08:45 as have used Royal Mail (Local Postal system) and can be tracked fully, a guaranteed next day 12:pM delivery.
Their drop box time is till 4pm. check the following link. . Thanks

Monday to Friday*
08h00 to 16h00

HIZ

Star Member
Sep 21, 2012
There was my question to respected members of the forum .Is there any criterion exists to check the eye sight in medical examination. Would there be any problem for applicants who wear spectacles ? I wear glasses with number -5. Need valued comments from seniors.
regards.

hinnajamal

May 6, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Done
LANDED..........
March 2013
HIZ said:
There was my question to respected members of the forum .Is there any criterion exists to check the eye sight in medical examination. Would there be any problem for applicants who wear spectacles ? I wear glasses with number -5. Need valued comments from seniors.
regards.
Its ok. They normally check the eyesight through the alphabet board. take your glasses with you.

hinnajamal

May 6, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Done
LANDED..........
March 2013
cocknbull said:
Their drop box time is till 4pm. check the following link. . Thanks

Monday to Friday*
08h00 to 16h00
They shipment was Signed for ALFONAS at the LVO. Thank God.

SMSH

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Mississauga, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2010
Doc's Request.
19-10-2010
Nomination.....
19-10-2010
AOR Received.
11-06-2011
IELTS Request
11-06-2010
File Transfer...
11-06-2011
Med's Request
01-10-2013
Med's Done....
07-10-2013 valid until 09-07-2014
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
24-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2014
LANDED..........
28-06-2014 Alhamdulillah
hinnajamal said:
They shipment was Signed for ALFONAS at the LVO. Thank God.
Alhamdulillah