+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thoz who got 6-12 months wait letter

jimmy page

Feb 19, 2012
destination canada said:
sorry bro, i really didn't mean to hurt anybody and specially you, since you have been so helpful, i was just trying to elaborate and response to the previous comment made by SMSH regards to POF request and what i submitted with my full docs as SMSH did the same (we both submitted only letter and it was enough) and i meant that as we are in GCC and mostly leaving on temporary work visas, we always tend to save more than someone is permanently residing in the west. hence, our bank letter might be more acceptable then people residing in other counties. hope you understands me right this time :)
Oh dude--relax :) -i was just kidding man, and I know u did nt mean wat I wrote..I was just pulling your leg:) .....we r all friends here....esp u ...u re a cool guy, and are one of the few I can share a joke with ...so all cool bro :) !! *Bro-hug*...

jimmy page

Feb 19, 2012
yukhan said:
Dear both,

I am not an expert just shared my real life exp. not of others my real blood brothers. Again will say it may veries case to case.......

But above all, if seniors are saying it must be from the age of 18 then I must respect their view point......
Bro, its all ok :) no one here is senior or junior...we are all learning from each other.....and most importantly, we don't want any of our forum brothers to make a mistake which causes delay in their case...that's why we cross check/ask counter questions......at the end of the day, the basic purpose is, WE all make it safely to the finish line of this process :) so all good bro :)

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hhhhhhhhhhhhhfffffffffffffff...... :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ into 7th month post 6-12 months letter...hope the next step is near about...

destination canada

Jun 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2010
Doc's Request.
October 2010
AOR Received.
Nova-Scotia, October 2010
File Transfer...
Full Docs to LVO - January 2011, Second AOR May-2011
Med's Request
Feb.2014
Med's Done....
Feb.2014
Passport Req..
PPR-1 & PPR-2 on June 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 2014
jimmy page said:
Oh dude--relax :) -i was just kidding man, and I know u did nt mean wat I wrote..I was just pulling your leg:) .....we ll all friends here....and esp u are one of the few I can share a joke with ...so all cool bro :) !! *Bro-hug*...
*bro hug* and *high five* for you, i hope, we will cheers ;) together in Canada

SMSH

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Mississauga, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2010
Doc's Request.
19-10-2010
Nomination.....
19-10-2010
AOR Received.
11-06-2011
IELTS Request
11-06-2010
File Transfer...
11-06-2011
Med's Request
01-10-2013
Med's Done....
07-10-2013 valid until 09-07-2014
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
24-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2014
LANDED..........
28-06-2014 Alhamdulillah
destination canada said:
*bro hug* and *high five* for you, i hope, we will cheers ;) together in Canada
It is really nice to see the thread is alive without any new updates....

WAY

Mar 1, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 22, 2010
Doc's Request.
April 06, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 13, 2010
IELTS Request
Already done
File Transfer...
May 22, 2012
Med's Request
April 09, 2014 (Re-med)
Med's Done....
May 02, 2014 (Re-med)
Interview........
Hopefully Waived
Passport Req..
PPR-1 (May 13, 2014), PPR-2 (Jun 11, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jun 27, 2014
LANDED..........
Nov 2014, Permanent landing not decided yet
Cock n bull, can't say that the way u have interpreted is wrong but it's not the normal interpretation. By enlarge, most of the people (including myself) interpreted it the other way i-e backward calculation of years, starting from your current age as it seems to be more logical & close to common sense.

I too have submitted my updated forms in that way & by doing that it leaves a gap of 06 years with my 18th birthday. I can only say, let's hope for the best......:(

cocknbull said:
Dear all, please understand carefully and the logic. CIC asks to send personal history for the last 10 years or since 18 years of age whatever comes first because they want us to include the maximum past time we had spent in our lives. I agree with jimmy page that a personal history since age of 18 years is required for some one who is 28 years of age or older. For people who are 27 years old or younger, last 10 years would suffice. For example, a person who is 27 years old, last 10 years would come earlier and would start from 17 years of age so it will include maximum amount of his life time and it will not start from 18 years of age for him because he will miss one year then. . Whereas a person who is 29 years of age or more it will start from 18 years of age to include the maximum time he had spent in his life , because if we consider last 10 years for him, it will start from 19 years of age and will miss one year. So a person who is 39 years old , it will start from 18 years of age to account the maximum time and not the last 10 years which is only 29 years of age.

So people, for any one who is 27 years of age will provide personal history of last 10 years and anyone who is 28 or above will provide personal history since age of 18. Hope it clears any doubts.

hinnajamal

May 6, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Done
LANDED..........
March 2013
WAY said:
Cock n bull, can't say that the way u have interpreted is wrong but it's not the normal interpretation. By enlarge, most of the people (including myself) interpreted it the other way i-e backward calculation of years, starting from your current age as it seems to be more logical & close to common sense.

I too have submitted my updated forms in that way & by doing that it leaves a gap of 06 years with my 18th birthday. I can only say, let's hope for the best......:(
I have not left a gap of three months even. Because the gap of more than four months should be mentioned.

aadil1234

Star Member
Aug 30, 2012
cocknbull said:
Dear all, please understand carefully and the logic. CIC asks to send personal history for the last 10 years or since 18 years of age whatever comes first because they want us to include the maximum past time we had spent in our lives. I agree with jimmy page that a personal history since age of 18 years is required for some one who is 28 years of age or older. For people who are 27 years old or younger, last 10 years would suffice. For example, a person who is 27 years old, last 10 years would come earlier and would start from 17 years of age so it will include maximum amount of his life time and it will not start from 18 years of age for him because he will miss one year then. . Whereas a person who is 29 years of age or more it will start from 18 years of age to include the maximum time he had spent in his life , because if we consider last 10 years for him, it will start from 19 years of age and will miss one year. So a person who is 39 years old , it will start from 18 years of age to account the maximum time and not the last 10 years which is only 29 years of age.

So people, for any one who is 27 years of age will provide personal history of last 10 years and anyone who is 28 or above will provide personal history since age of 18. Hope it clears any doubts.
No........ Its not like that bro.......... They require since 18 years " 18 saal say" From 18 years....

According to you who is 27 years of age or younger will give the details of last 10 years........ ok suppose it is like that. So if someone is 24 years of age.... he will give the details till 14 years..... ( NO..... He will give till 18 years and will stop writting and in his case 18 years come first......)

Same like for the the 28 years or older...... in this case last 10 years comes first........... they will give till the last 10 years not till the eighteen years...

My friend did the same and got his visa....

Rest The visa officer knows better....He/she is the king of the Jungle.......... Aanda day ya bachaa..........

jimmy page

Feb 19, 2012
aadil1234 said:
No........ Its not like that bro.......... They require since 18 years " 18 saal say" From 18 years....

According to you who is 27 years of age or younger will give the details of last 10 years........ ok suppose it is like that. So if someone is 24 years of age.... he will give the details till 14 years..... ( NO..... He will give till 18 years and will stop writting and in his case 18 years come first......)

Same like for the the 28 years or older...... in this case last 10 years comes first........... they will give till the last 10 years not till the eighteen years...

Rest The visa officer knows better....He/she is the king of the Jungle.......... Aanda day ya bachaa..........
U wrote:
"Same like for the the 28 years or older...... in this case last 10 years comes first........... they will give till the last 10 years not till the eighteen years..."

I'm 37....born in 1975....my 18th birthday came at 1993........my last ten years were at 2002.......which year came first in my life?? 1993 or 2002???.......ofcourse 1993...........visa office wants to know your activity after the day u turned 18 years ..........same is the case with police clearance......we are responsible from 18 years age onwards in our life...THIS IS THE PURPOSE OF ASKING THIS HISTORY........they don't care before that, since were minors before 18......my guess is they probably match the 18 years onwards details with your police clearance to see which countries have u lived in and wat have u been upto (to make sure no criminal activity is there)......

Kher...botton line is : One should do wat feels right to them.......IF some one thinks that they wanna send last 10 years and not from 18 years age, they should do that, since its YOUR case ....(Our job was to guide people to the best of our knowledge. So let's agree to disagree, since everyone can have their own opinion.......If someone thinks wat they know is correct for sure, then they should do wat they think is right)....all the best...

P.s: will not comment on this question anymore, as its been already dragged too much :) ...mitti pao jee. :)

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aadil1234 said:

Dear Adil!

Yes a 24 year old applicant will give the history starting from the age of 14 because last 10 years come earlier for him (and not since age of 18) and you didn't understand the logic. They want us to include the maximum time we had spent in the past. Do you know in old forms they only had asked history since the age of 18 (and never talked about last 10 years) ,they made this change of asking last 10 years because for younger applicants who are 27 or younger they wanted to include more history of the past. Please think carefully again and you will understand.

And for some one who is 28 years old, its same for him either since age of 18 or last 10 years its same thats why I didn't talk about any one who is 28 years old. I talked about some one who is 29 or 27 . thanks

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh my God now I make this even more easy for you people to understand.

1) some one who is 24 years old

Last 10 years for him stops at 14 years of age
Since age of 18 stops at 18 years of age
What comes first in 14 and 18. Obviously 14 so he will provide history since age of 14

2) Some one who is 29 years old

Last 10 years for him stop at 19 years of age
Since age of 18 stops at 18 years of age
what comes first in 18 and 19. Obviously 18 so he will provide history since age of 18.

3) some one who is 28 years old

Last 10 years for him stop at 18 years of age
Since age of 18 also stops at 18 years of age
so in any case he will provide history since age of 18

Hope it clears doubts if some body still has

Lolz..........I am teaching mathematics here but I love it and mathematics used to be my favourite subject in school.... :D :D

mian_g

May 24, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
london
LANDED..........
02/07/2014
yukhan said:
I thing case is not like this. As per my understanding they want max. of last 10 years. For example if someone is <28 yrs of age s/he must start from 18th birthday till date (means # of years will be <10) and if someone's age is >=28 yrs must give at least of last 10 years.
Supporting point in my argument is that we are not asked to submit any details as we are suppose to give for children under 18 yrs of age and if child is above 18 then all forms/info./data is must to be provided.
This mystery can only be solved if Mian-G discloses his age or at least year of birth.
Disclosing age is not an issue Mr yukhan, but am not keen in cyber friendship.In a place where no body can share and come with his own name and identity, how wise it is to share personal matters. Apologies for earlier statement of a gap of 4 years, infact it is just 1 year gap. As far as other floated theories are concerned, am not an expert so no comment. In my case had been asked to provide personal history since 18th birthday.

About the statement issue, the guys doing these jobs (data entry basically) are not that well versed but just given certain directions to follow. Any one having experience of living in these countries can testify that these white people just do what been told.Unbelievable stories, PCC issue is example.

Anyway not an issue but rather satisfaction that they are not sleeping but rather working full cylinders.

lets hope for the best and successful culmination of this process for all of us.

By the way my program assistant is KKB (May be Khadim khan Bhai LOL).

mian_g

May 24, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
london
LANDED..........
02/07/2014
destination canada said:
yap, you are right, as we are residing in oil rich nations(GCC) as expats, LVO might always have better view about the financial state of the applicants hence they don't usually ask for bank statement of 3/6 months as per my knowledge.

anyone apart from residing in Pakistan received further POF that includes 3/6 months bank statement?
with complete docs I submitted a bank statement of a UK bank and this time both from Uk and Pakistan. Sent exchange rate print out of Bank of Canada showing 29000 CAD while my requirement is 23500 CAD. Don,t waste time as said by other members differs from case to case and depends on the person dealing your case.

ASK

Dec 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2009
AOR Received.
29 Jun 2010
File Transfer...
06 Jan 2010
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
20 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
04 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 July 2013
LANDED..........
06 Oct 2013 (hopefully)
Interesting to see a debate going on about filling the '8. Personal History' of IMM5669E. Some of you have already addressed the topic with your justifications. Just sharing what CIC has to say on this:

Question in debate - 'Provide the details of your personal history since the age of 18, or the past 10 years, whichever comes first.'

Guideline in CIC website: 'Provide the details of your personal history since the age of 18, or the past 10 years, whichever is most recent.'

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp

Hope it helped to lighten the situation... :-\

In my case, I have provided my personal history starting from current date to my 18th birthday as my representative had asked me to do so when I went to him with just last 10 years data as I interpreted!

Also to be noted that in '12. Addresses' of the same form, it says to list all addresses you have lived since your 18th birthday!