Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Skipped
LANDED..........
01-09-2013
nvln said:
All,

While there are stories on the "struggle" side, it is also equally important to learn from success stories and also from the learning arising out of struggles posted in this thread and other posts.

Personally, I know of a few families who have migrated 3 - 4 years back, struggled with low paying jobs in the initial 12 - 15 months but have got settled in very good shape now and are reaping the benefit of the immigration.

I guess migrating to CN is a bag of mixed fortunes and how individually one faces it. Bad times don't last long!

There is a wealth of information on this Forum, thanks to so many contributors. In my view, prospective immigrants should examine the positive side and leverage individual strengths to shape up and prepare himself / herself for his / her upcoming life.

Regards.

NVLN.
Thanks NVLN,
you're right.

ourvisa

Jan 1, 2012
Thanks for sharing this article. It has changed my decision to apply for CIC immigration. I don't want to go for such a country where immigrants have low or no chance of breaking into the IT jobs. This needs to be exposed a global scale, so that immigrants should be able to make an informed decision before paying huge $$ to CIC in favor of rosy pictures shown to them.

$5000 CAD immigration costs saved.

myluckyprincess

Star Member
Mar 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 28, 2015
Passport Req..
July 9, 2015
is your decision final already? have you weighed everything? every country has set of rules and policies. and in order to be successful wherever you are, you have to invest, be it monetary or hard work or perseverance. anyway, i guess everything boils down to whatever your heart desires.

good luck to us!

ourvisa said:
Thanks for sharing this article. It has changed my decision to apply for CIC immigration. I don't want to go for such a country where immigrants have low or no chance of breaking into the IT jobs. This needs to be exposed a global scale, so that immigrants should be able to make an informed decision before paying huge $$ to CIC in favor of rosy pictures shown to them.

bryan98

Star Member
Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 2011
AOR Received.
February 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application - 7.0 Score
Med's Request
April 2012
Med's Done....
May 2012 ECAS...Meds Recieved
Passport Req..
June 2012, RPRF - Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
18/1/2013...DECISION MADE

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
ourvisa said:

I do not agree.. It is YOUR duty to find out and research the chances of finding job in Canada. It is not the other way round. Canada owes you nothing.

ADUFE

Jun 28, 2009
Hi Bryan98,

Thanks for posting the link. Let those who refuse to take any thing away from it continue to be in denial. The truth will hit them sooner than later when they arrive to see it for themselves....... :p

Ketevan

Mar 26, 2012
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Federal), Paris (BIQ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011 (Quebec); 29-02-2012 (Federal), signed by KRSZWDA
Nomination.....
Interview letter received from BIQ (Paris) November 2011
AOR Received.
15-08-2011 (Quebec); 23-03-2012 (Federal, e-mail)
File Transfer...
19-04-2012 (London started processing)
Med's Request
12-06-2012 (delivered on 19-06-2012 by post)
Med's Done....
04-07-2012 (received by London on 09-07-2012, signed by IAN); appeared on ECAS on 31-07-2012
Interview........
06-02-2012 (got CSQ at Paris BIQ)
Passport Req..
30-07-12, but cancelled on 08-08-12 (additional background checks needed :o ) New passport req. - 05/11/12
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-12 (Passport submitted in person 15/11/12; Decision made and canadian address on ECAS 23/11/12; passport picked up in person 29/11/12).
LANDED..........
09-03-13, Montreal YUL
I came to Canada 4 months ago with PhD from UK in economics, I was working as teaching assistant at a UK university before coming. After applying to about 30 jobs, I took a call centre job to avoid sitting at home and doing nothing. After 2 months of the job I got exhausted with being yelled at and insulted by clients, with the work hours that in some days give you only 5 hours of sleep, and with constant sales quotas to fill to not be fired. I quit the job. Now I resumed applying in my field but, as you can guess, I have no response. Note that I am fully bilingual so I have no language problem in quebec.

I read here a few success stories, but from my personal experience and the experience of people around me - foreign credentials and experience mean nothing here.

Canada is indeed a very beautiful country with excellent public services and friendly people, but will you be able to enjoy life while feeling that none of your skills are recognized? Ask yourself this question before quitting your job at home and boarding the flight.

Reactions: qureishi

JohnnyZee

Jun 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
Ketevan said:
I came to Canada 4 months ago with PhD from UK in economics, I was working as teaching assistant at a UK university before coming. After applying to about 30 jobs, I took a call centre job to avoid sitting at home and doing nothing. After 2 months of the job I got exhausted with being yelled at and insulted by clients, with the work hours that in some days give you only 5 hours of sleep, and with constant sales quotas to fill to not be fired. I quit the job. Now I resumed applying in my field but, as you can guess, I have no response. Note that I am fully bilingual so I have no language problem in quebec.

I read here a few success stories, but from my personal experience and the experience of people around me - foreign credentials and experience mean nothing here. So my suggestion to everybody is not to make the move unless you have a job offer here or life in your country is intolerable. I would have left tomorrow, but the only thing that stops me is the fact that I will not get any job at home as all jobs are arranged through contacts that I do no not have. At least here I can get a low-skilled job.

Canada is indeed a very beautiful country with excellent public services and friendly people, but will you be able to enjoy life while feeling that none of your skills are recognized? Ask yourself this question before quitting your job at home.
Well said, you are giving me a lot to think about!

Ketevan

Mar 26, 2012
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Federal), Paris (BIQ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011 (Quebec); 29-02-2012 (Federal), signed by KRSZWDA
Nomination.....
Interview letter received from BIQ (Paris) November 2011
AOR Received.
15-08-2011 (Quebec); 23-03-2012 (Federal, e-mail)
File Transfer...
19-04-2012 (London started processing)
Med's Request
12-06-2012 (delivered on 19-06-2012 by post)
Med's Done....
04-07-2012 (received by London on 09-07-2012, signed by IAN); appeared on ECAS on 31-07-2012
Interview........
06-02-2012 (got CSQ at Paris BIQ)
Passport Req..
30-07-12, but cancelled on 08-08-12 (additional background checks needed :o ) New passport req. - 05/11/12
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-12 (Passport submitted in person 15/11/12; Decision made and canadian address on ECAS 23/11/12; passport picked up in person 29/11/12).
LANDED..........
09-03-13, Montreal YUL
Obviously, everybody should be the king of his destiny and if someone wishes to take the risk and come, he should be given the freedom. But I suggest that everybody assesses well all risks involved before coming and asks himself whether he is ready to face these risks.

JohnnyZee said:
Well said, you are giving me a lot to think about!

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
ourvisa said:

I am an immigrant.

I have an IT job (a pretty well paid computer programming job).

There also seems to be no shortage of software development jobs in the Lower Mainland of BC judging by my experience and the number of agencies that continue even now to hassle me with job postings. Obviously I can't intelligently comment on other parts of Canada where I do not live, but I can't imagine the situation is any worse in Calgary, Toronto etc.

I don't think there is really anything to "expose".

What I will say is that, certain in IT, most Canadian companies are open to the idea of employing immigrants. BUT language is very important. Immigrants need to be able to speak, write and understand English (or French if Quebec) to a reasonable level, else I agree it can get very difficult to secure a good position.

But please do not let 1 article sway your decision of whether to go for immigration or not. Do your own research, get your own facts together, and then make up your own mind :)

Wayne.

fahsan

Star Member
Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Submitted with the initial application
Nomination.....
DD encashed 8th Feb,2011
AOR Received.
PER received via e mail on 21st March,2011
IELTS Request
7.5 - sent with the application
File Transfer...
Status changed to In-process on 5th Nov, 2012
Med's Request
Medicals Received via e mail on 4th March, 2013
Med's Done....
21st March,2013 - Medical received line added on 5-Apr-13, PCC, RPRF & Updated documents sent on 25th March,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR 1 received on 16-Oct-2013, PPR2 on 7th Nov, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
16th Nov, 2013, Alhamdolillah
LANDED..........
March, 2014 Inshaa Allah
I think we are being very ambitious over here, think about the reasons of leaving your current situation for Canada. and If you think those reasons are not enough to leave your current job or country... please don't bother.

Secondly, every society has its own norms. Canada ask you to get education in Canada and it has its own process for that. One should get the lisencing if he/she wants to work in that area. Yes country like US, UK gives you opportunity to work with you hometown education and experiences. but that too is for very few people. Canada has opened door for a lot of people. I have never met or seen a person in my life who went to Canada and came back just because of the reason he/she didnt get a job in his/her field of experience and education. So the reality is people enjoy their lives there. They are Happy living in Canada.

By the end of the day this is important. You want to spend your life in Canada spend it their way, no one is forcing anyone to immigrate to Canada.

these were my thoughts when I was applying and I still think the same way. I wouldnt bother to move from my current country if things are better here. Job is a Job you can be fired any day and considering the current situation worldwide, would you be able to get one the same way, my answer is "NO'. so try your luck and get diversitry in your life.

Good Luck All!!

Reactions: qureishi

nvln

Mar 14, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Hopefully will be waived....!!
fahsan said:
I think we are being very ambitious over here, think about the reasons of leaving your current situation for Canada. and If you think those reasons are not enough to leave your current job or country... please don't bother.

Secondly, every society has its own norms. Canada ask you to get education in Canada and it has its own process for that. One should get the lisencing if he/she wants to work in that area. Yes country like US, UK gives you opportunity to work with you hometown education and experiences. but that too is for very few people. Canada has opened door for a lot of people. I have never met or seen a person in my life who went to Canada and came back just because of the reason he/she didnt get a job in his/her field of experience and education. So the reality is people enjoy their lives there. They are Happy living in Canada.

By the end of the day this is important. You want to spend your life in Canada spend it their way, no one is forcing anyone to immigrate to Canada.

these were my thoughts when I was applying and I still think the same way. I wouldnt bother to move from my current country if things are better here. Job is a Job you can be fired any day and considering the current situation worldwide, would you be able to get one the same way, my answer is "NO'. so try your luck and get diversitry in your life.

Good Luck All!!
Well written - capturing both the sides of the Argument!

Regards.
NVLN.

bryan98

Star Member
Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 2011
AOR Received.
February 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application - 7.0 Score
Med's Request
April 2012
Med's Done....
May 2012 ECAS...Meds Recieved
Passport Req..
June 2012, RPRF - Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
18/1/2013...DECISION MADE
It is the Government of Canada that recognizes this issues and some of my fellows here are still saying it is not the truth. Sakamoto has done a research on it and it is being given credit.

Some information in the links are very fresh probably less than a few hours. Read it and "Think about it again".

http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/policy-removing-%E2%80%9Ccanadian-experience%E2%80%9D-barrier

http://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2013/07/15/demanding_canadian_experience_from_newcomers_may_breach_ontarios_human_rights_code.html

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bryan98 said:
It is the Government of Canada that recognizes this issues and some of my fellows here are still saying it is not the truth. Sakamoto has done a research on it and it is being given credit.

Some information in the links are very fresh probably less than a few hours. Read it and "Think about it again".

http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/policy-removing-%E2%80%9Ccanadian-experience%E2%80%9D-barrier

http://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2013/07/15/demanding_canadian_experience_from_newcomers_may_breach_ontarios_human_rights_code.html
@bryan98...

Here is one I was reading a while ago - http://www.news.utoronto.ca/why-canadian-experience-violates-human-rights

She has been researching this for quite sometime... God bless her!