Med's Request
April 2012
Med's Done....
May 2012 ECAS...Meds Recieved
Passport Req..
June 2012, RPRF - Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
18/1/2013...DECISION MADE
alq..this is a place where we all share our experiences and resources to help the aspiring immigrants make decisions for their future.

BTW are these really the stories.....think about it again. Christ sake these are the real reports with facts and I have not written these myself. If someone says they are just stories or its unreal...I cant stand for this.

Did I discourage anyone here...no. Did I tell anyone to stop where they are...no.

I'm comin up with some more links soon

sri5529

Sep 3, 2012
Very interesting!!!! Views expressed in this topic are worth to reach & assess the challenges what we can face.

Thanks to you all.

Saf_khan

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Skipped
LANDED..........
01-09-2013
alq814 said:
I second this. Perhaps those doctors, lawyers and other professionals were not complaining at all...maybe they are happy with what they're doing (i could be wrong, but who knows). Sometimes its the people around us who are not happy with their lives and whenever they observe some situations, they make a story (terrible story) at it. I guess anyone who wish to migrate to another country should gather all information and make research as to what life will be when we get there and weigh things before making any decision.
I do agree with this, first thing we need to think is why E1 is trying to leave their countries? Whey E1 is applying for the immigiration? or whe E1 is trying to find a single way to enter Western counteries.

The answer is, these countries are full of opportunities. They only thing is you've to be a hard worker, intelligent, and you've to be patience. Once, you survive then nobody will stop you there to grow. Especially, in canada people are moving moving and moving ahead without looking behing.

we are talking about the professional, who are driving taxi or doing odd jobs? if they are not satify then they should leave immidiately. But the truth is they are enjoying their life in doing these jobs..................................................

So, moral is don't under estimate your self and don't discourge others. if some don't like this, he shouln't go there..........................

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bryan98 said:
alq..this is a place where we all share our experiences and resources to help the aspiring immigrants make decisions for their future.

BTW are these really the stories.....think about it again. Christ sake these are the real reports with facts and I have not written these myself. If someone says they are just stories or its unreal...I cant stand for this.

Did I discourage anyone here...no. Did I tell anyone to stop where they are...no.

Perhaps the there is a dearth of information out there for others who are deciding, so kudos for opening this up. If you can add to the information out there for others who are hedging, then more power.

We did come up with the same conclusion that Somerville and Walsworth came up - this time for another immigrant group. I'd paraphrase the article:

Canadian immigrants go to great lengths to disguise just how much they are struggling in their new country, mostly because they face intense social pressure to portray themselves as successful back home.”

Quite true - and I have seen and talked with these individuals who feel the same way. And in one of my home vacations, I have seen and talked with a lot of fellow career professional immigrants who will admit, but only amongst us fellow career professional immigrants, such disappointments. The social stigma of being identified as a failure is great such that they would rather keep the disappointments to themselves.

Looking forward to the other links....thanks for the information.

/best regards....

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
28.11.2013 by the grace of Allah SWT
I personally think that no one is painting rosy pictures about Canada anywhere, except CIC web site. Realities are very loud and clear, almost known to everyone who has already applied or is in the process of applying for Canadian Immigration. I can say for myself that when I applied two years back, I was absolutely clear about the job situation there as two of my classmates had already returned after acquiring citizenship. They are settled in their native country and doing business. Meaning, that they never went there with the intention to integrate into that society but just to acquire the Canadian PP. I personally think that had land there been fertile for them to continue working and excelling in their profession, they would never have thought of going back. If such a mentality of just getting the Citizenship only and run has taken roots, it's only because of the Canadian Govt. They should have plans for such professionals whom they are letting in, to give jobs right away in their professions, though as trainees initially for the first year...but do give them the space in their professional fields. Later it will become easy for such individuals to integrate in the Canadian job market in their respective professions. Why would we drive limos, do security jobs and wash toilets ! Fact is that we are forced to by the Canadian Govt as they are nit having any solid plans for the new immigrants, they are just given the entry to Canada and left to face the harsh realities....:(

alq814

Apr 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
AOR Received.
17-09-2013
bryan98 said:

First of all if i offend you or anyone in this forum, my apologies. If you read my comment again i did not say that the article is a fabricated story nor did i say or even used the word "unreal" to it (so calm down). Yes, the information in the article was from interviews of real people. And kudos to you for posting the link as it will somehow provide awareness to others about the experiences of some immigrants in Canada.

However, my response was actually NOT with regard to the article per se, but to your comment that your relatives have seen thousands of professionals driving cabs and flipping burgers and what not...then you added this phrase "think about it again". I personally believe that someone will not exhaust all his energy, spend years of waiting time and thousands of dollars to immigrate to a foreign land in an absolute blind decision. I'd like to believe that people will definitely do their part in researching and assessing what life can be in a different country, different culture and different society. However, despite of having a good preparation before even deciding to migrate, there are few others who chose to return to their own countries. Why? Who knows? I mean we may or may not understand their reasons BUT it's their reason and their decision.

I didn't say either that you are discouraging people with your post. Like all the rest in this forum, I am just writing what I have in mind when I read some post or comments here.

And lastly as you said this is a place where we can share experiences to help aspiring new immigrants make better decision in the future.....On that note let me say that just because professionals or non professionals are not succesful in Canada or another country doesn't necessarily mean we'll end up in the same situation and vice-versa. I guess its better to lay all cards when you want to help others...I mean try to discuss both positive and negative points, pros and cons, advantages and disadvantages...make it objective and balanced. Cheers.

myluckyprincess

Star Member
Mar 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 28, 2015
Passport Req..
July 9, 2015
bryan98 said:
I will surely share my experience soon. You must read this short report on the mindsets or the nexus looking for the "Canadian Work Experience"

http://www.beyondcanadianexperience.com/sites/default/files/csw-sakamoto.pdf]http://www.beyondcanadianexperience.com/sites/default/files/csw-sakamoto.pdf[/SIZE]
after reading the above article/report, i realized that we can actually say to employers (maybe during interviews) that we have Canadian experience even if we have not actually worked in Canada yet.

why? because we can learn Canadian culture by:
- asking our friends and relatives who have been working in ca for years
- learning canadian accent
- reading and researching about work environment and how socializing in a workplace should be, and
- acknowledging that actual experience is the best teacher however we are willing to learn and do our best for us to "fit in"

i'l like to thank those who shared their insights about this topic. and in my opinion, people succeed or fail in canada because it's based on individual personality. if a professional in his home country is underemployed in canada, it is his choice. like what others are saying, he's may be happy about it. or if he doesn't like what's happening to his life, he can always do something about.

bryan98

Star Member
Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 2011
AOR Received.
February 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application - 7.0 Score
Med's Request
April 2012
Med's Done....
May 2012 ECAS...Meds Recieved
Passport Req..
June 2012, RPRF - Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
18/1/2013...DECISION MADE
Your views are valuable.

Thanks.

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
In terms of work experience, how u will explain.
Knowing canada culture, environment is different from work experience

myluckyprincess said:
after reading the above article/report, i realized that we can actually say to employers (maybe during interviews) that we have Canadian experience even if we have not actually worked in Canada yet.

why? because we can learn Canadian culture by:
- asking our friends and relatives who have been working in ca for years
- learning canadian accent
- reading and researching about work environment and how socializing in a workplace should be, and
- acknowledging that actual experience is the best teacher however we are willing to learn and do our best for us to "fit in"

i'l like to thank those who shared their insights about this topic. and in my opinion, people succeed or fail in canada because it's based on individual personality. if a professional in his home country is underemployed in canada, it is his choice. like what others are saying, he's may be happy about it. or if he doesn't like what's happening to his life, he can always do something about.

myluckyprincess

Star Member
Mar 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 28, 2015
Passport Req..
July 9, 2015
yes, they're different. as i mentioned in my previous post, we obviously don't have the actual canadian experience. that's also the reason why we want the employer to take the chance to hire us because we have the foreign experience plus the willingness /drive to succeed AND the knowledge about canadian working environment.

coolguy2010 said:
In terms of work experience, how u will explain.
Knowing canada culture, environment is different from work experience

Saf_khan

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Skipped
LANDED..........
01-09-2013
myluckyprincess said:
yes, they're different. as i mentioned in my previous post, we obviously don't have the actual canadian experience. that's also the reason why we want the employer to take the chance to hire us because we have the foreign experience plus the willingness /drive to succeed AND the knowledge about canadian working environment.
Thats correct.
recently two of my friends moved to canada and they got jobs within a month, the reason behind was they were working in multi-national companies and have good experience.

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
They are asking canadian experience and u will say about canada environment?

From ur CV or in interview itself, they will ask u don't have canada experience, u still will say u have canada experience? ..:and u talk about canada culture

Sorry for my ignorance, but still not clear

Having experience in MNC is understood and can be explainable

myluckyprincess said:

myluckyprincess

Star Member
Mar 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 28, 2015
Passport Req..
July 9, 2015

nvln

Mar 14, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Hopefully will be waived....!!
myluckyprincess said:
coolguy, have you read about the above article? "canadian experience" that employers keep on mentioning about during interviews was explained there.
All,

While there are stories on the "struggle" side, it is also equally important to learn from success stories and also from the learning arising out of struggles posted in this thread and other posts.

Personally, I know of a few families who have migrated 3 - 4 years back, struggled with low paying jobs in the initial 12 - 15 months but have got settled in very good shape now and are reaping the benefit of the immigration.

I guess migrating to CN is a bag of mixed fortunes and how individually one faces it. Bad times don't last long!

There is a wealth of information on this Forum, thanks to so many contributors. In my view, prospective immigrants should examine the positive side and leverage individual strengths to shape up and prepare himself / herself for his / her upcoming life.

Regards.
NVLN.

fuad1980

Star Member
May 3, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
21 June 2014
LANDED..........
18 July 2014
Dear Bryan,

Thanks for sharing this. Great information!

Regards,
Fuad