+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Think about it again

rightsaidfred

Jul 13, 2013
fahsan said:
I think we are being very ambitious over here, think about the reasons of leaving your current situation for Canada. and If you think those reasons are not enough to leave your current job or country... please don't bother.

Secondly, every society has its own norms. Canada ask you to get education in Canada and it has its own process for that. One should get the lisencing if he/she wants to work in that area. Yes country like US, UK gives you opportunity to work with you hometown education and experiences. but that too is for very few people. Canada has opened door for a lot of people. I have never met or seen a person in my life who went to Canada and came back just because of the reason he/she didnt get a job in his/her field of experience and education. So the reality is people enjoy their lives there. They are Happy living in Canada.

By the end of the day this is important. You want to spend your life in Canada spend it their way, no one is forcing anyone to immigrate to Canada.

these were my thoughts when I was applying and I still think the same way. I wouldnt bother to move from my current country if things are better here. Job is a Job you can be fired any day and considering the current situation worldwide, would you be able to get one the same way, my answer is "NO'. so try your luck and get diversitry in your life.

Good Luck All!!
Well said fahsan. As the saying goes "when in Rome, do what the Romans do." :) You cannot really fit in if you do not make an effort to incorporate yourself into the system. Its just a matter of perception if the glass is half full, or half empty. when the oppurtunity comes and present itself for me to go to Canada, i would make the most out of it.

bryan98

Star Member
Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 2011
AOR Received.
February 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application - 7.0 Score
Med's Request
April 2012
Med's Done....
May 2012 ECAS...Meds Recieved
Passport Req..
June 2012, RPRF - Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
18/1/2013...DECISION MADE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEnPnuIN218

edmonta

Nov 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
0711 & 9212
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-May-2010
Doc's Request.
30-sept-2010
AOR Received.
1st-30th Sept 2010,2nd-08th June 2011
IELTS Request
done-7 band
File Transfer...
dont know what is this..in process from 26 april 2012
Med's Request
19-July-2013
Med's Done....
30-July-2013,ECAS updated with Medicals received on 18-Aug-2013
Interview........
not been called for..
Passport Req..
19-July-13
VISA ISSUED...
On 4th October 2013
LANDED..........
July 2014
Think 1000 times before u take a decision and once u take the decision give 1000 attempts to make it happen..
Regards
Edmonta

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
Doc's Request.
21-05-2014
Nomination.....
PER 01-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Request
08-02-2014
Med's Done....
13-02-2014
Passport Req..
08-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 25-07-2014 visa Issued 21-07-2014
LANDED..........
8th Nov 2014
Best quote of life.
:)

edmonta said:
Think 1000 times before u take a decision and once u take the decision give 1000 attempts to make it happen..
Regards
Edmonta

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
28.11.2013 by the grace of Allah SWT
edmonta said:
Regards
Edmonta
your timeline showing PPR on 19 July while you did meds on 30 th July... :( something looks wrong !

fahsan

Star Member
Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Submitted with the initial application
Nomination.....
DD encashed 8th Feb,2011
AOR Received.
PER received via e mail on 21st March,2011
IELTS Request
7.5 - sent with the application
File Transfer...
Status changed to In-process on 5th Nov, 2012
Med's Request
Medicals Received via e mail on 4th March, 2013
Med's Done....
21st March,2013 - Medical received line added on 5-Apr-13, PCC, RPRF & Updated documents sent on 25th March,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR 1 received on 16-Oct-2013, PPR2 on 7th Nov, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
16th Nov, 2013, Alhamdolillah
LANDED..........
March, 2014 Inshaa Allah
Hasni said:
your timeline showing PPR on 19 July while you did meds on 30 th July... :( something looks wrong !
NDVO sends medical request along with the PPR 1.

AAJ

Star Member
Aug 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2010
AOR Received.
1st AOR 13-10-2010, Full Documents Sent 19-01-11, 2nd AOR 16-06-2011
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Request
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
06-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2013
LANDED..........
April 2014 (IA)
I have not yet landed in Canada and hence, my views could be immature. But I think that each country has its own systems and ways, which must be respected before one could succeed there.

I am from Pakistan and I spent 21 years of my life, getting myself educated and eventually making myself worthwhile do good in my field of education, in my country. I was brought up for that number of years to understand, accept, adopt and apply the social and cultural values, which my country needed. Even after spending such a time, efforts and devolping skills required by my country, it took me some time to get successful there.

Now, I am planning to get settled in a new country. New values, new culture, new requirements, new competition... and new opportunities as well. Why should I expect to get successful in a flash? All I have to do is to understand, understand, understand and then plan well and then eventually execute.

I want to hear failure stories only to understand and pick the points which got them failed. And I want to hear success stories only to understand and pick the points which got them successful. Without thinking to criticize the prevailing systems in Canada, I need to bring myself to the level, which is acceptable there. It could be improving my "Canadian" language skills, getting "Canadian" experience, getting "Canadian" education, developing useful "Canadian" networking or any other "Canadian" requirement. If after doing all this, I am still failed, I would think that I missed out some bits and pieces in the whole process and shall either re-execute it after adding those gaps or shall come back to my country. But I shall not criticize complaining that the country did not offer me anything. The country did offer me, but I was not good enough to grap that offer. I believe that there are opportunities everywhere, and it is on us to get hold of those.

In my opinion, it all goes back to the same old story where a spider tries to climb up the wall, fells down, tries again and again till the time it gets successful, without criticizing the length, structure and material of the wall.

AAJ

Reactions: qureishi

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
The only thing that is permanent in life is CHANGE, Immigrating to canada is not the same thing as immigrating within a state in a particular country. Canada is a country of it's own, it has his rules and regulations, Educational system, political system, name it, for the fact that canada is inviting immigrants to their country does not mean anybody that is coming should come along with his or her own culture, rules, regulations etc. If you have accepted to come, you should be ready to leave everything about your country behind and embrace their own ways in order to succeed.

Another thing you should look at is the reason of your wanting to immigrate,such as how well is the political system in your country doing?, is Education free?, Are schools operating regularly without going on long strike, whereby the children of the poor are most affected while the rich kids are schooling abroad?, Does your country experience terrorist attacks everyday? Are your churches guarded by armed millitary men on sundays? Can you work freely along the road at any hour without harbouring fear of been attacked or kidnapped? can you take your kids out for leisure to have fun weekends without being afraid of bomb blast? can you get job easily without a God father? can you be promoted at your place of work when you upgrade yourself? can your kids gain admission to higher institution on merit? can you apply for a job and be sure to get the job after 25years of age without the advertiser indicating the age limit on the job advert etc.

To cut long story short, I feel immigration to canada should be individual opinion, for the fact that canada did not work out well for A does not mean it will not work out for B. The only thing is that, the wise ones should learn from the mistakes of others.

Omo Naija

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 24, 2013
Nice one Gabrilla..... well said !

[ :)quote author=gabrilla link=topic=151594.msg2597783#msg2597783 date=1380101122]
The only thing that is permanent in life is CHANGE, Immigrating to canada is not the same thing as immigrating within a state in a particular country. Canada is a country of it's own, it has his rules and regulations, Educational system, political system, name it, for the fact that canada is inviting immigrants to their country does not mean anybody that is coming should come along with his or her own culture, rules, regulations etc. If you have accepted to come, you should be ready to leave everything about your country behind and embrace their own ways in order to succeed.

Another thing you should look at is the reason of your wanting to immigrate,such as how well is the political system in your country doing?, is Education free?, Are schools operating regularly without going on long strike, whereby the children of the poor are most affected while the rich kids are schooling abroad?, Does your country experience terrorist attacks everyday? Are your churches guarded by armed millitary men on sundays? Can you work freely along the road at any hour without harbouring fear of been attacked or kidnapped? can you take your kids out for leisure to have fun weekends without being afraid of bomb blast? can you get job easily without a God father? can you be promoted at your place of work when you upgrade yourself? can your kids gain admission to higher institution on merit? can you apply for a job and be sure to get the job after 25years of age without the advertiser indicating the age limit on the job advert etc.

To cut long story short, I feel immigration to canada should be individual opinion, for the fact that canada did not work out well for A does not mean it will not work out for B. The only thing is that, the wise ones should learn from the mistakes of others.
[/quote]

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
Omo Naija said:
Nice one Gabrilla..... well said !

Thanks, Canada will favour us in Jesus Name, Amen

munirask

Star Member
Nov 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-05-2013
Doc's Request.
already sent
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
5-09-2013
IELTS Request
already sent
Med's Request
30-12-2013
Med's Done....
06-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-2-14
LANDED..........
3rd April 2014
After going through this entire I feel that the ones with positive attitude will succeed whereas the ones who are critical of every tiny detail will find faults in the best of situations. Nothing comes easy in life and neither does Canada assure anyone immediate success. To achieve anything in life we need to work really hard for it. Half hearted attempts cannot work.
I agree that a few years ago things were indeed difficult for professionals migrating to Canada, and that was due to various reasons, namely
1) Lack of knowledge (Google was not as frequently used and as up to date 10 years ago)
2) Lengthy processing times for foreign credential evaluations for respective licensing exams
3)Non existent Social networking (believe it or not it makes a big difference when you are easily connected with friends and other professionals by the touch of a button)

We are all in a much better situation today and there is no stereotype immigrant. Each person works towards his/her destiny.

Lets learn from other peoples mistakes and let us not be naive to think that we will not make our own share of mistakes. Life is a learning process.

Great work Bryan!!! Have you already landed in Canada??? what has your experience been like? It would be great to know about some first hand experiences from recent immigrants