+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The July 2013 Outland Applicant Chill Spot.

MistahFixIt

Dec 30, 2008
Newfoundland
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M => CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
Med's Done....
20-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
Checked my E-CAS bulletin today, and it reads that my wife's application was received July 16th, 2013. Would this be the AOR from the Visa Office?

Also, her medical results have been received, but no date is listed as when that happened.

Progress is always good news, of course, but its a matter of inches and not yards :C

qt_gummy02

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Vancouver, B.C
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JULY 02, 2013
AOR Received.
JULY 19, 2013
File Transfer...
JULY 22, 2013
Med's Done....
JUNE 24, 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
MARCH 13, 2014. ..... DM - MARCH 28, 2014
mrsalvaro said:
Hi qt_gumy02! I believe Manila VO already has the medical results of your wife already. Even though doesn't show that medicals has been received, it doesn't mean that Manila VO didn't received the medicals.

Usually, the medical results will be sent to the CEM after 2-3 weeks from medical exam. So you don't need to worry bro. Maybe the immigration officer hasn't updated the info ECAS yet.

And ECAS is not always reliable. hehe, they give late updates most of the time.

Think positive bro! A few months and there will be PPRs fora ll of us here ahehehe :p :p :p
Thanks mrsalvaro. yeah hopefully we could recieve the PPR by mid December. This waiting game is not really a joke. Lol! Hopefully everything would be fine for all of us.

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Praying for sooner than later, with no delays
LANDED..........
Unknown
This is the latest news regarding PAFSO:

13 September 2013 - PAFSO Urges Treasury Board to Return to Negotiating Table in Wake of Bad-Faith Ruling
In the wake of today's ruling by the Public Service Labour Relations Board (PSLRB) that the Government of Canada violated its duty to bargain in good faith in its dealings with the Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers, PAFSO is urging the Treasury Board to alter course and return to the negotiating table to settle this dispute.

“Canadians expect the federal government to bargain respectfully and in good faith with its own employees,” said Tim Edwards, PAFSO president. “Today's decision shows it is time for the Prime Minister and the Government to do the responsible thing and reach a negotiated settlement which would put an end to this damaging strike.”

In her ruling, the PSLRB adjudicator found that Treasury Board president Tony Clement engaged in bad faith bargaining when, in response to PAFSO's proposal of binding arbitration, he sought to impose preconditions on the arbitration process which he knew PAFSO could not reasonably accept as they would have predetermined the outcome in the Government's favour.

“The severe and mounting impacts this strike on the Canadian economy could have been avoided if the Government had acted in good faith and engaged in free and fair bargaining from the start,” continued Mr. Edwards. “This is now one of the longest strikes in public service history, and with the potential damage approaching $1 billion, we think Canada has suffered more than enough already. The time has come for the Government to change tack.”

In recent weeks, Treasury Board has reached settlements with two other public service unions by offering them wage hikes which equal or exceed those requested by PAFSO. These two latest settlements are proof positive that the Government is more than capable of addressing long-standing wage gaps of up to $14,000 between diplomats and other government professionals.

“We look forward to receiving the same treatment which has been accorded to other unions at the negotiating table. Alternatively, our offer to take this dispute to binding arbitration without paralyzing preconditions still stands,” concluded Mr. Edwards.

Strike to continue until the PAFSO and government reach an agreement. PAFSO will only be working on the days they meet government for negotiations.

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
I hope they can come to compromise really soon and negotiate in good faith this time and end this strike once and for all. It's been going on far too long.

JuRy

Jun 29, 2012
Cagayan de oro City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 30,2013
AOR Received.
August 14,2013
File Transfer...
SA Received: August 27, 2013
Med's Done....
June 17, 2013
Passport Req..
April 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
In-process: May 1,2014. Decision Made: May 9,2014. Visa on hand: May 12,2014
LANDED..........
May 29,2014
Hope they will resolve this "unresolve" strike soon.

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
JuRy said:
Hope they will resolve this "unresolve" strike soon.
I really hope they do. Tony Clement tweeted that he is now going to bargain fairly and try to settle this and the tax payers will have to deal with the PAFSO. :mad: Why do the taxpayers have to pay for the millions of dollars that the country lost due to his own stupidity? :mad:

TenzinD

Mar 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 July 2013
AOR Received.
16 august 2013
File Transfer...
29th august 2013
Med's Done....
26 June 2013
Passport Req..
12 September 2013
VISA ISSUED...
In a few months if the NDVO officers feel kind enough
LANDED..........
The Sooner the better
Desi-girl said:
Still no PPR from NDVO... Starting to get worried
Have they gone back to sleep?
You might wanna check your email... I got my files transferred 29th of August and already got passport request from NDVO on the 12th of September... It might be in spam mail

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
TenzinD said:
You might wanna check your email... I got my files transferred 29th of August and already got passport request from NDVO on the 12th of September... It might be in spam mail
Yeah... :( we have been checking at least 20 times everyday since the file was transferred on August 12th. And we were also searching for CIC through the search bar in the email. Still nothing today. Thinking of waiting a few more days and then calling the MP to look into it. I don't know if the MP in Canada can do something or should we contact the visa office in India.

Thank for your concern TenzinD. I am also getting really really worried now as 2-3 others on other forums with similar timelines have also gotten they PPRs.

TenzinD

Mar 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 July 2013
AOR Received.
16 august 2013
File Transfer...
29th august 2013
Med's Done....
26 June 2013
Passport Req..
12 September 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
The Sooner the better
Desi-girl said:
What's your timeline anyways TenzinD? Was the email that you got an attachment or not?
I applied on 31st July hot my SA on the 29th of august, received the PPR 12 September and the request is a PDF attachment. Well I've seen some applicants get the PPR when file is almost ready to be processed so I am wondering if yours is one of those cases. Maybe give it another week but emailing delhiVO or a GCMS note would be your other option. Good luck

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
By the way, a Warm Welcome to the chill spot TenzinD. What's your timeline anyways? I am sure you are new to the forum and Mrsalvaro or BossJosh will add you to the spreadsheet in no time.

If your files got transferred on Aug 29th, then you might have applied late July or was it early August? Was the PPR email that you got an attachment from NDVO? What was the email address? I am planing to write to them and ask what is going on.

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
TenzinD said:
Well I've seen some applicants get the PPR when file is almost ready to be processed so I am wondering if yours is one of those cases. Maybe give it another week but emailing delhiVO or a GCMS note would be your other option. Good luck
Thanks.. Yes who knows what the New Delhi Visa Office (NDVO) is actually thinking. Emailing them or applying for GCSM or contacting the MP was what I was thinking. I just have that luck of the draw...lol

But yay! another green line to add to the spreadsheet. By the way, are you the sponsor or the applicant? And where in Canada is your destination?

Your timeline is close to our forum members star001/im281213 who also have applied to NDVO so I wonder if they also got their PPR.

TenzinD

Mar 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 July 2013
AOR Received.
16 august 2013
File Transfer...
29th august 2013
Med's Done....
26 June 2013
Passport Req..
12 September 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
The Sooner the better
Desi-girl said:
Thanks.. Yes who knows what the NDVO is thinking. Emailing them or applying for GCSM or contacting the MP was what I was thinking.
Thanks, re-delhi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
Is the add I got the request for PPR from. MP inquiry would be the fastest, I did email NDVO but haven't got the reply in regards to that question but was kinda surprised to get the PPR request a week later. I applied on 26th, CIC received it on 31st JUly. SA on 29th august. That's all for now but the long wait begins now :)

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
Thank you! :D I will try both, emailing and talking to the MP. If both fail, then GCSM..

All the best with your application. Hopefully none of us have to wait too long

TenzinD

Mar 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 July 2013
AOR Received.
16 august 2013
File Transfer...
29th august 2013
Med's Done....
26 June 2013
Passport Req..
12 September 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
The Sooner the better
Desi-girl said:
Thank you! :D I will try both, emailing and talking to the MP. If both fail, then GCSM..

All the best with your application. Hopefully none of us have to wait too long
Fingers crossed for all of us and hope you get that PPR soon. BTW I am the sponsor :)

mrsalvaro

Apr 18, 2013
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
20-07-2013
File Transfer...
31-07-2013
Med's Request
submitted with the Application
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-05-2014
Hi dear! I think you need not to worry that much. There are also June applicants doesn't have their PPRs yet as well from the New Delhi VO.There is one I think, his user name is DVA and he only got the PPR the other day and his timeline is ahead of you.

I believe you'll receive it soon Desi- girl. Have faith. :)

Let us hear the good news soon...so I can add another green color to the sheet. It makes me happy. :p :p :p

Desi-girl said:
Thanks.. Yes who knows what the New Delhi Visa Office (NDVO) is actually thinking. Emailing them or applying for GCSM or contacting the MP was what I was thinking. I just have that luck of the draw...lol

But yay! another green line to add to the spreadsheet. By the way, are you the sponsor or the applicant? And where in Canada is your destination?

Your timeline is close to our forum members star001/im281213 who also have applied to NDVO so I wonder if they also got their PPR.