+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The July 2013 Outland Applicant Chill Spot.

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Praying for sooner than later, with no delays
LANDED..........
Unknown
http://www.pafso.com/news_releases.php?newsID=166

16 September 2013 - PAFSO Regrets Government's Appeal of Bad-Faith Ruling, Urges Return to Negotiating Table

The Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) deeply regrets the Government of Canada's decision to file an appeal today with the Federal Court and challenge a ruling that it negotiated in bad faith with its own employees. PAFSO again urges the Treasury Board to alter its unconstructive approach and return to the negotiating table as soon as possible.

“The Government's actions today bring us no closer to a settlement,” said Tim Edwards, PAFSO president. “This appeal unnecessarily prolongs what is already one of the longest strikes in federal public service history, at great cost to the Canadian economy and Canada's reputation as a destination for tourism, study, and employment – to say nothing of tens of thousands of visa applicants and prospective immigrants whose lives are being put on hold.”

In a ruling released on Friday, the Public Service Labour Relations Board (PSLRB) found that Treasury Board president Tony Clement violated his duty to bargain in good faith when, in response to PAFSO's proposal of binding arbitration, he sought to impose preconditions on the arbitration process which he knew PAFSO could not reasonably accept as they would have predetermined the outcome in the Government's favour.

“In her ruling, the adjudicator provided a clear roadmap for both sides to put an end to this damaging dispute: resume negotiations or enter into unfettered binding arbitration,” continued Mr. Edwards. “We believe that the Government should do the responsible thing and heed her advice. Enough time has been wasted already.”

In recent weeks, Treasury Board has reached settlements with two other public service unions by offering them wage hikes which equal or exceed those requested by PAFSO. These two settlements are proof positive that the Government is more than capable of addressing long-standing wage gaps of up to $14,000 between diplomats and other government professionals.

“We look forward to receiving the same treatment which has been accorded to other unions at the negotiating table. Alternatively, our offer to take this dispute to binding arbitration without paralyzing preconditions still stands,” concluded Mr. Edwards.

JuRy

Jun 29, 2012
Cagayan de oro City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 30,2013
AOR Received.
August 14,2013
File Transfer...
SA Received: August 27, 2013
Med's Done....
June 17, 2013
Passport Req..
April 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
In-process: May 1,2014. Decision Made: May 9,2014. Visa on hand: May 12,2014
LANDED..........
May 29,2014
Desi-girl said:
Hey Everybody!!!

I finally got the PPR yesterday (Sept 16th)... :p Yay!!!! It's late but at least it's here. I was beginning to worry that they had lost the application package. It is such a relief that at least they have acknowledged that they have received the PR application by asking for the passport. And now, my real wait begins.

Everyone, Thank You for all the support. I was starting to become a bundle of nerves and all your help really let me pull through... That's what makes this forum awesome!

Congrats to star001 too for getting you PPR too. :D
I hope that all of you get your PPRs and subsequently your PRs soon too.
Wow! Congrats Desi.. Way yo go now...

JuRy

Jun 29, 2012
Cagayan de oro City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 30,2013
AOR Received.
August 14,2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
June 17, 2013
Passport Req..
April 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 29,2014
Desi-girl said:
Good luck with your visitor visa applications JuRy and can/alb. Hope you get positive news
Thanks Desi.. We are gonna pass it next week.., my husband wanted to gamble the small chance of getting approve of applying the vvisitor's visa while waiting for the PR. Hope they will approve our application coz this unresolve strike make us wait a longer..

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
Thanks JuRy.

Yes, applying for visitor's visa is like gambling because now you are applying for 2 visas, one being to stay in Canada and the other being temporary that needs proof that your husband will be returning back to the home country and not stay in Canada. Thus, one visa is negating the other.

Lets see what happens. I hope it doesn't affect the PR application. Maybe showing that the PR is in process may show that he will be going back when CIC will be requesting his passport to stamp with the PR visa.

I hope you get the visitor's visa soon. At least then, you can wait for the PR while being together.

JuRy

Jun 29, 2012
Cagayan de oro City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 30,2013
AOR Received.
August 14,2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
June 17, 2013
Passport Req..
April 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 29,2014
Desi-girl said:
Thanks JuRy. Yes, applying for visitor's visa is like gambling because now you are applying for 2 visas, one being to live in Canada and the other being temporary that needs proof that the visitor will be returning back to the home country. Thus, one visa is negating the other. Lets see what happens. I hope it doesn't affect the PR application. I hope you get the visitor's visa soon. At least then, you can wait for the PR while being together.

You are welcome Desi. They said that it wont affect our application once we apply for the visitors visa. I will let you know when we are rejected or approved! LOL. But we are still in the process of gathering everything..

TenzinD

Mar 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 July 2013
AOR Received.
16 august 2013
File Transfer...
29th august 2013
Med's Done....
26 June 2013
Passport Req..
12 September 2013
VISA ISSUED...
In a few months if the NDVO officers feel kind enough
LANDED..........
The Sooner the better
star001 said:
Hey all

I got my PP request on 12th september, i havnt sent my passport yet, will be sending in next few days.

How long will it take from here ? :)
I would send it through courier, eg: blue dart (DHL). They said that it's a next day delivery. My hubby sent it yesterday, it should be there today.

gamyover

Apr 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
Doc's Request.
8-11-2013
AOR Received.
10-08-2013 CPC-M, 8-11-2013 Mexico VO
File Transfer...
22-08-2013
Med's Done....
19-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
16-04-2014
Hi everyone!! :D

I've been a little lost from the thread, but I was reading some of your post and I see it's been a lot going on over here. Mrsalvaro whe I checked ECAS on august 27 it said medicals received, please update my status. Nothing else been going on, Mexico City VO is pretty much paralyzed with the strike :-X. So sad situation for all of us.

God Bless you and good luck to whatever you're doing.

mrsalvaro

Apr 18, 2013
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
20-07-2013
File Transfer...
31-07-2013
Med's Request
submitted with the Application
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-05-2014
There you go! I told you not to worry that much dear ahehehe. So happy that you got your PPR already. :p :p :p

Your progress has been updated on the spreadsheet. Lovin' the green color hehe. ^__^v

Desi-girl said:
Hey Everybody!!!

I finally got the PPR yesterday (Sept 16th)... :p Yay!!!! It's late but at least it's here. I was beginning to worry that they had lost the application package. It is such a relief that at least they have acknowledged that they have received the PR application by asking for the passport. And now, my real wait begins.

Everyone, Thank You for all the support. I was starting to become a bundle of nerves and all your help really let me pull through... That's what makes this forum awesome!

Congrats to star001 too for getting you PPR too. :D

I hope that all of you get your PPRs and subsequently your PRs soon too.

mrsalvaro

Apr 18, 2013
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
20-07-2013
File Transfer...
31-07-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-05-2014
Hello gamyover. Manila VO is moving on a slow pace as well. Anyway, I updated your info on the spreadsheet.

God bless you too dear! :-*

gamyover said:
Hi everyone!! :D

I've been a little lost from the thread, but I was reading some of your post and I see it's been a lot going on over here. Mrsalvaro whe I checked ECAS on august 27 it said medicals received, please update my status. Nothing else been going on, Mexico City VO is pretty much paralyzed with the strike :-X. So sad situation for all of us.

God Bless you and good luck to whatever you're doing.

can/alb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome/Ottawa/Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
27-08-2013
Med's Request
April 27, 2016
Med's Done....
27-08-2013/May 2016
Interview........
22-11-2013/denied/won appeal March 2016
Passport Req..
August 9, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
August 29, 2016
LANDED..........
Flight booked for September 10, 2016
So we applied for a visit visa for my hubby last night and already got the refusal letter this morning :(

Oh well I guess I expected that. So we wait for PR. Hopefully that's not refused too. That would be devastating.

On a bright note, congrats to all PPRs received :)

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
Oh can/alb, that is really unfortunate. :(
Did you mention that the PR application was being processed? Seems like they didn't give it any consideration at all if you got a response that quick. Did they give a reason for the rejection? I am sure this is all very frustrating :mad:

I hope there won't be any problems with our PR applications and that we all get our shiny visas soon. I guess we will all have to be very patient though. Good luck.

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
mrsalvaro said:
There you go! I told you not to worry that much dear ahehehe. So happy that you got your PPR already. :p :p :p

Your progress has been updated on the spreadsheet. Lovin' the green color hehe. ^__^v
Thanks Mrs. Alvaro. I know that there is no point in worrying but you can say I get really anxious very quickly. But Thank you for your support in helping me pull through in one piece.

The green is a nice colour for sure. I hope there are more greens to add shortly and a rapid influx of purples shortly thereafter with a really shiny visa stamp on the Passports. Hopefully sometime before Christmas would be really nice.

mrsalvaro

Apr 18, 2013
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
20-07-2013
File Transfer...
31-07-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-05-2014
UPDATES ON PAFSO STRIKE

http://www.ipolitics.ca/2013/09/16/feds-appeal-labour-board-ruling-upholding-pafso-complaint/

Feds files notice of appeal to labour board ruling upholding PAFSO complaint Provided by iPolitics

By Michelle Zilio | Sep 16, 2013 6:51 pm

The federal government has filed a notice of appeal a Public Service Labour Relations Board (PSLRB) ruling upholding a bad faith bargaining complaint made by the striking foreign service workers union against Treasury Board.

According to the application for judicial review, the Attorney General of Canada submitted the notice of appeal Friday, listing the Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) as the respondent. Earlier that day, the PSLRB issued a decision upholding the union’s bad faith bargaining complaint against Treasury Board, which was filed in late July.

In an email to iPolitics, Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander’s office said it was disappointed with the PSLRB decision Friday. The statement, provided by Alexander’s press secretary,

mrs.sleepless

Star Member
Aug 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19, 2013
AOR Received.
July 22, 2013
File Transfer...
August 22, 2013
Med's Done....
June 11, 2013
Passport Req..
April 10, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2014
^ so this means they're gonna continue their bickering??? leaving us on our toes as to when they're gonna give us our pprs/visas :-X :eek: :'(

I'm praying really hard they get over this soon...or they add more temps to atleast make the process a lot quicker than it is now.. :-X :-X

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
mrs.sleepless said:
^ so this means they're gonna continue their bickering??? leaving us on our toes as to when they're gonna give us our pprs/visas :-X :eek: :'(

I'm praying really hard they get over this soon...or they add more temps to atleast make the process a lot quicker than it is now.. :-X :-X
Not really a big shocker. In a way, it was expected because clearly, since April, the government is only thinking of itself and not the people who make up the nation. It's never-ending as PAFSO doesn't want to back down either after doing so much to prove their point and to gain more rights, and Tony Clement doesn't want to give in because of his huge ego that has been bruised by the PSLRB.

So what can WE do to make our point that WE are the real victims here and nobody else? Maybe we should take a definite stand or maybe we should let them keep arguing while the VOs continue working on the application. Because it seems like when they come to a decision, it's not really going to be in our favour overall. Either it will be tax increases, higher fees, longer processing timelines, more paperwork, etc. or all combined. "All I want to say is that, They don't really care about us".