+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Hi Sir, One doubt.

My profile has expired and created a new one last year. Now I have received NOI from Ontario recently.
But i had a doubt now. While creating, i have given "Yes" to both question mentioned below.
Have you applied to Express Entry and IRCC Before ?

Is that okay or should i change ??

If Yes then what should write in Unique Client Identifier (UCI) ?

Please Help !

Sure, I can help you with that.

If you have applied to Express Entry and IRCC before, you should answer "Yes" to the question "Have you applied to Express Entry and IRCC before?". You should also enter your Unique Client Identifier (UCI) in the corresponding field.

Your UCI is a unique number that is assigned to you when you apply to IRCC. You can find your UCI on your IRCC application receipt or in your IRCC online account.

If you do not know your UCI, you can contact IRCC customer service for assistance.

Here are some tips for answering the question "Have you applied to Express Entry and IRCC before?" and entering your UCI:
  • Be honest. If you have applied to Express Entry and IRCC before, you should answer "Yes" to the question.
  • Be accurate. Make sure that you enter your UCI correctly.
  • Be patient. It may take some time for IRCC to process your application.
I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Its_Zoe_li

May 28, 2023
@legalfalcon

Hi Sir,

May I ask for your opinion regarding a missing internship experience in my submitted CV, which was requested by the visa officer?

In July 2022, shortly after the submission of my study permit application (20 June, 2022), I received a request letter for my CV:
“Your detailed curriculum vitae (CV) for the period 2018 to present that includes details about your education, internships and employment. This must be received at this office by 2022/07/31.”

At the time, I thought the visa officer was confused about my transition to studying a Computer Science program from a business background. I did not know it was a sign for security screening. Thus, I submitted a CV listing my software development internships, hoping to justify my change of study fields, but did NOT include a business consulting internship that was irrelevant to the program I intended to study. None of the internships was listed on the employment and education forms because these internships were not provable employment.

Recently, I read on this forum that applicants should include all employment history when submitting CVs to IRCC, which is different from the CV for job applications.

So I would deeply appreciate your opinion on these following questions:
1) Do internships count as employment in the context of immigration applications? I have read many different opinions on this forum.
2) Should I be worried that I will be charged with misrepresentation for not including this internship that was irrelevant to my program of study?

Thank you! I really appreciate any help.

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
@legalfalcon

Hi Sir,

May I ask for your opinion regarding a missing internship experience in my submitted CV, which was requested by the visa officer?

In July 2022, shortly after the submission of my study permit application (20 June, 2022), I received a request letter for my CV:
“Your detailed curriculum vitae (CV) for the period 2018 to present that includes details about your education, internships and employment. This must be received at this office by 2022/07/31.”

At the time, I thought the visa officer was confused about my transition to studying a Computer Science program from a business background. I did not know it was a sign for security screening. Thus, I submitted a CV listing my software development internships, hoping to justify my change of study fields, but did NOT include a business consulting internship that was irrelevant to the program I intended to study. None of the internships was listed on the employment and education forms because these internships were not provable employment.

Recently, I read on this forum that applicants should include all employment history when submitting CVs to IRCC, which is different from the CV for job applications.

So I would deeply appreciate your opinion on these following questions:
1) Do internships count as employment in the context of immigration applications? I have read many different opinions on this forum.
2) Should I be worried that I will be charged with misrepresentation for not including this internship that was irrelevant to my program of study?

Thank you! I really appreciate any help.
Hi,

I understand your concern. It is important to be honest and complete in your immigration applications.

In the context of immigration applications, internships can count as employment. This is because internships can provide valuable work experience and skills that can be relevant to the applicant's immigration goals.

If you have any employment history, including internships, you should include it in your immigration application. This will help the visa officer to assess your eligibility for immigration and make a decision on your application.

If you do not include all of your employment history in your immigration application, you could be charged with misrepresentation. Misrepresentation is a serious offense that can result in the denial of your application and even a ban on future immigration to Canada.

If you are unsure whether or not to include an internship in your immigration application, you should consult with an immigration lawyer. An immigration lawyer can help you to understand the requirements of your immigration application and ensure that you are submitting a complete and accurate application.

Here are some tips for including internship experience in your immigration application:
  • Be specific. When you list your internship experience, be sure to include the name of the company, the dates of the internship, and the duties that you performed.
  • Be honest. Do not exaggerate your experience or skills.
  • Be clear. Make sure that your application is easy to read and understand.

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon Will I have to give Biometrics again for PR if I already gave biometrics before for studypermit?
According to the Government of Canada, you may be exempt from providing biometrics if you have already provided them in the past for a temporary resident visa, work or study permit, and your biometrics are still valid.

However, there are some exceptions to this rule. For example, you may still be required to provide biometrics if you are applying for permanent residence through the Quebec Skilled Worker Program or the Provincial Nominee Program.

If you are unsure whether or not you need to provide biometrics, you can check the status of your biometrics on the IRCC website. You can also contact IRCC customer service for assistance.

Here are the steps on how to check the status of your biometrics:
  1. Go to the IRCC website.
  2. Click on the "Immigration and Citizenship" tab.
  3. Click on the "Biometrics" link.
  4. Enter your passport number and date of birth.
  5. Click on the "Check status" button.
If your biometrics are still valid, you will see a message that says "Your biometrics are still valid." If your biometrics are not valid, you will see a message that says "Your biometrics are not valid. You must provide new biometrics."

If you are applying for permanent residence through the Quebec Skilled Worker Program or the Provincial Nominee Program, you will need to provide biometrics regardless of whether or not your biometrics are still valid.

Here are the steps on how to provide biometrics:
  1. Go to the IRCC website.
  2. Click on the "Immigration and Citizenship" tab.
  3. Click on the "Biometrics" link.
  4. Click on the "Provide biometrics" button.
  5. Follow the instructions on the screen.
You can provide biometrics at any IRCC-approved biometric collection centre. You can find a list of IRCC-approved biometric collection centres on the IRCC website.

The cost of providing biometrics is CAD$85. You can pay for your biometrics online or at the biometric collection centre.

It can take up to 10 business days for your biometrics to be processed. Once your biometrics have been processed, IRCC will send you a confirmation letter.

Canjour90

Star Member
May 17, 2023
Sure, I can help you with that.

If you have applied to Express Entry and IRCC before, you should answer "Yes" to the question "Have you applied to Express Entry and IRCC before?". You should also enter your Unique Client Identifier (UCI) in the corresponding field.

Your UCI is a unique number that is assigned to you when you apply to IRCC. You can find your UCI on your IRCC application receipt or in your IRCC online account.

If you do not know your UCI, you can contact IRCC customer service for assistance.

Here are some tips for answering the question "Have you applied to Express Entry and IRCC before?" and entering your UCI:
  • Be honest. If you have applied to Express Entry and IRCC before, you should answer "Yes" to the question.
  • Be accurate. Make sure that you enter your UCI correctly.
  • Be patient. It may take some time for IRCC to process your application.
Thank you for your time to reply

Canjour90

Star Member
May 17, 2023
Hi

After submitting Bank statement and balance confirmation letter as proof of settlement fund in OINP, can I do bank transactions with the same account, taking care that the balance does not go below the submitted amount.

Or should I maintain exactly same amount as given to OINP?

Thanks in advance!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey Guys, one question.
I've received my PR card. I now want to amend my eCOPR as it has wrong original entry date. If I apply to amend eCOPR, will that affect validity of my PR card? In other words, will I face any issues when I re-enter Canada as eCOPR is getting amended?
To amend any PR document use the following link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/request-amend-record-landing-confirmation-permanent-residence-valid-temporary-resident-documents.html

It will have no impact on the validity of your PR card unless the date of entry is the one in issue. If so, you will have to request a new PR Card as well.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi

After submitting Bank statement and balance confirmation letter as proof of settlement fund in OINP, can I do bank transactions with the same account, taking care that the balance does not go below the submitted amount.

Thanks in advance!
You can use the funds in your bank as long as the average balance doe snot go below the required LiO required for the application.

Reactions: Canjour90

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Hi

Thanks in advance!
Yes, you can do bank transactions with the same account after submitting bank statements and balance confirmation letter as proof of settlement fund in OINP. However, you should make sure that the balance does not go below the submitted amount. If the balance goes below the submitted amount, you may be asked to provide additional documentation to prove that you have sufficient funds to support yourself and your family in Canada.

Here are some tips for managing your settlement funds:
  • Set up a separate bank account for your settlement funds. This will help you to keep track of your money and make it easier to manage your spending.
  • Make a budget and stick to it. This will help you to ensure that you are not spending more than you have.
  • Avoid making large purchases until you have settled in Canada. This will help you to avoid overspending and build up your savings.
  • Be aware of the cost of living in Canada. The cost of living in Canada can vary depending on where you live. Make sure that you have enough money to cover your basic living expenses, such as rent, food, and transportation.
  • Get help if you need it. If you are struggling to manage your settlement funds, there are a number of organizations that can help you. These organizations can provide you with financial counseling and other resources.
If you have any questions about managing your settlement funds, you should consult with a financial advisor. A financial advisor can help you to create a budget, develop a savings plan, and make sure that you are using your money wisely.

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Hi

For OINP, How is Photograph Size requirement,?
Should i scan both side mentioning photographer details at back side?
The OINP requires that your photograph meet the following requirements:
  • Size: The photograph must be 50 mm wide by 70 mm high.
  • Background: The background must be plain white or off-white.
  • Headwear: You may wear a head covering if it is worn for religious or medical reasons. The head covering must not obscure your face.
  • Facial expression: Your facial expression must be neutral. You should not be smiling or frowning.
  • Eyeglasses: If you wear eyeglasses, they must be clean and free of glare.
  • Hair: Your hair must be neat and tidy.
You should not scan both sides of your photograph. Only the front side of your photograph should be scanned. The photographer's details should be written on the back of the photograph.

Here are some tips for taking a good photograph for your OINP application:
  • Have your photograph taken in a well-lit area. The lighting should be evenly distributed and there should be no shadows on your face.
  • Wear plain, light-colored clothing. Avoid wearing clothes with bright patterns or colors.
  • Make sure your hair is neat and tidy. Avoid wearing hats or other headwear that will obscure your face.
  • Sit or stand up straight. Make sure your shoulders are back and your head is held high.
  • Look directly at the camera. Do not smile or frown.
If you are not sure how to take a good photograph, you can ask a friend or family member to help you. You can also hire a professional photographer.

DKalkhand

May 9, 2022
AOR NOV16 2021
Alberta PNP
SECOND medical completed/Passed on 30 April 2023.
Eligibility complete
Medical completed
Biometrics complete
BG NA3 since 30 April 2023
PPR awaited.
Shall I raise a webform or wait????