+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

dell2

Feb 3, 2011
Calgary, Alberta.
Hi,

I have query regarding my Foreign work experience.

I have work experience in

0125 - 2 years 6 months
0631 - 9 months

Do i get points for 2 years only or 3 years or more ?

ii. How many years of skilled foreign work experience do you have? It must have been continuous, paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation.

Under profile i am getting for 3 years or more.

Thanks

No Man Left Behind

Star Member
May 19, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
dell2 said:
Hi,

I have query regarding my Foreign work experience.

I have work experience in

0125 - 2 years 6 months
0631 - 9 months

Do i get points for 2 years only or 3 years or more ?

ii. How many years of skilled foreign work experience do you have? It must have been continuous, paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation.

Under profile i am getting for 3 years or more.

Thanks
For the purpose of CRS, work experience does NOT have to be continuous and in only one occupation. You can claim 3 years.

vks123

Star Member
Jun 18, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
artray said:
I don't want to get you into undue panic, but yes, rejection is possible even after receiving an RPRF request. However, it is rare. Most probably you have already met R10 and A11.2 eligibility criteria, criminality and medicals would also have passed. The only elements pending would probably be a detailed check of your work experience, proof of funds and education. The overall checks of whether relevant documents have been provided should already be complete. Your file is most probably with local VO.

I recommend two things:
1. Order gcms (even though you may receive them only after you receive PPR (like I did), it still provides good insight)
2. If your application has completed 6 months (since AOR), you can give your primary VO a call and enquire about your application status. However, I recommend this ONLY as a LAST resort and only if you are in major panic mode.

Here's a thread that discusses PPR waits after RPRF has been paid:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/rprf-paid-month-ago-but-ppr-still-pending-connect-here-rprf-in-april-and-may-t428048.0.html

Hope I helped. Good luck!

Thank you so much..
Yes it helps.

happynightowl

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
artray said:
Ontario is currently under massive case load, so I recommend sending them the document via all channels - email, fax and snail mail - just to be sure that they have received it. Fax (for additional documents) is your fastest and best way. Did you at least receive an acknowledgement email from Ontario, when you sent them an email? I don't think they use the email to accept application related documents - only as a means to update applicants about further requirements or next steps.
Thank you very much!

SR14

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
artray said:
You're through mate...congrats and stop worrying :) Just make sure you land before your COPR expires and carry all your relevant documents with you during landing ;) Cheers!

Thanks a lot :)

yxlxh

Jul 14, 2015
Dear Asivad,

I had got a province nomination certificate from Saskatchewan’s SINP-EE. When I applied to extend my nomination certificate, I got a “SINP work permit support letter” in addition to the extended nomination certificate.

When I got the original nomination letter for the first time, Saskatchewan immigration office did not give me a work permit support letter.

In the work permit support letter, they write: “The SINP has determined that you are urgently required to begin your employment with of, Saskatchewan prior to receiving your permanent resident status. In order to obtain an extension to your Temporary Work Permit you must apply to Citizenship and Immigration Canada(CIC) prior to your work permit expiring. As per the immigrant refugee Protection Regulation 204.c, please include a copy of this letter with your application. “

My questions:
1) as above, the work permit support letter says that it is used to” obtain an extension to your Temporary Work Permit”. I didn’t receive such a letter when I got the nomination for the first time. Could I use it to apply to a NEW temporary work visa?
2) If I can use it. Could I apply for a temporary work visa online rather than on paper? (I had tried to apply for online but cannot pass “Determine your eligibility” web page.)

sudi

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
hi guys,

need urgent help....

I am a March 3rd 2016 applicant applied for ONIP, today morning i received an email informing application updated but when tried to login its gibing an error: The Username you have entered has been previously revoked. Please enter a valid Username.

What to do now??? shall i create a new account n link the existing one....none of my personal details have change...
Kindly suggest....

Ramii

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Hello Asivad,
I had a question, during my working period I took 2 long holidays (unpaid holiday) around 6 months each, due to family emergencies, will that cause a problem? During a 7 and 11 months of working period

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Ramii said:
Hello Asivad,
I had a question, during my working period I took 2 long holidays (unpaid holiday) around 6 months each, due to family emergencies, will that cause a problem? During a 7 and 11 months of working period
those should be deducted from your total work experience, whether they should be listed as "unemployment" periods is grey area, wait for others to comment on this

Ramii

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
maged_mmh said:
those should be deducted from your total work experience, whether they should be listed as "unemployment" periods is grey area, wait for others to comment on this
I was working for the same company though. It was during my work time in the company .

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Ramii said:
I was working for the same company though. It was during my work time in the company .
during the work time, but they are not a work time :)

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 :)
Dear Asivad Anac and other seniors,

I successfully landed last week :). I would like to thank you for answering my questions before and after ITA. I owe you big time.

God bless you.

Cofca

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
23-06-2016
My background check changed from 'not started' to 'not needed at this time'. What does that mean?