Thank you Asivad Anac

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dpr said:
hi Asivad Anac

for my PCC, I have applied to USA FBI and Denmark where I lived before. Until 2010, I was holding my passport in my maiden name surname. This is what I used in Denmark and for usa social security number as well. Then after I returned to India, I changed my passport and other details to my married name surname.
I hv sent a covering letter along with fd 258 to FBI asking them to note the fact that my surname in social security and the current surname are different. will this suffice?

regards
Dpr
This would suffice.

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 :)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SR14 said:
Thanks a lot Asivad. I had some more doubts highlighted in blue.

2. Addresses of all the places you have lived in the last 10 years - Do we need to give a list of all places including rented accomodation/ hostel names/ all addresses we have lived in across cities ?

Not necessary. Give your permanent address within that country for the entire duration of stay in that country.

In the 10 year period, we have lived 2 years in one city, then 2 years in an other city for work and education. This will be seen in the Personal History. We would need to then in that case give addresses of all cities where we lived in or just one permanent address in the country ?

Provide permanent address.

5. 10 Years Personal History - Is it OK to have a 1-2 month gap in the 10 years personal history?

No gaps allowed.

What do we fill in for gaps ?Time taken out to travel / study ?

Add those periods as 'unemployed, 'travel', 'study' as relevant.

6. Proof of Funds - Can we show a PF statement & a gift deed from fathers & cousins ?

Yes.

Can Mutual Funds/ SIP statements be shown for POF ?

CIC explicitly asks for monies in the bank. Mutual Funds are linked to the market and are inherently volatile so they won't be acceptable as POF.

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cic asked me to upload schedule 4 and 4a. I signed and uploaded 4 but i uploaded LoE with signature by simply write my name on ms word document in place of 4a, so without signature would be a problem?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Jaiveer Singh said:
Cic asked me to upload schedule 4 and 4a. I signed and uploaded 4 but i uploaded LoE with signature by simply write my name on ms word document in place of 4a, so without signature would be a problem?
I think you will be fine, IMO.

EMADMIRZA

Dec 6, 2015
Hello Asivad,

I am married and applying under CEC. I have put "married" and the wife is "not accompanying" in my express entry profile. Could this prove to be a problem in my permanent residence application?? Also I am invited to apply under CEC and based on my understanding, I don't need to show the minimum POF shown on the CIC website (please correct me if I am wrong?).

I do understand that only I will get the PR and not my wife.

Thanks,

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
EMADMIRZA said:
Hello Asivad,

I am married and applying under CEC. I have put "married" and the wife is not accompanying in my express entry profile. Could this prove to be a problem in my permanent residence application?? Also I am invited to apply under CEC and based on my understanding, I don't need to show the minimum POF shown on the CIC website (please correct me if I am wrong?).

Thanks,
There is no problem here. You are perfectly fine.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
alex_dinou said:
Dear Asivad and rajkamalmohanram,

My employment letter is great, except for the duties part (that one is a mess). I'm in the possession of a scanned document listing some of my duties, which is on a company letterhead, stamped, dated, and has a name of a person appointing me for a project. My company had emailed it to me back when I was working at that position, but I'm unable to obtain the original paper.

My intention is to upload this document as proof of duties and admit the original is not in my possession in LOE. Will this cause any troubles in the future?
Well, if the letter is in the format required by the CIC and your roles and responsibilities match the NOC, then I don't see why this would be a problem. I have not heard of cases where original hard copies were requested.

EMADMIRZA

Dec 6, 2015
thanks for your help Raj. Really appreciate it.

Asivad, do you know anything to say about my case??

Hello Asivad,

I am married and applying under CEC. I have put "married" and the wife is "not accompanying" in my express entry profile. Could this prove to be a problem in my permanent residence application?? Also I am invited to apply under CEC and based on my understanding, I don't need to show the minimum POF shown on the CIC website (please correct me if I am wrong?).

Thanks,

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EMADMIRZA said:
thanks for your help Raj. Really appreciate it.

Asivad, do you know anything to say about my case??

Hello Asivad,

Thanks,
rajkamalmohanram is right. No worries here.

gpm123

Dec 30, 2015
Hi,

I am new to this forum, but I was following all the topics for the last 4 months.

I got PPR today.

AOR: Aug 12 (US resident)
Med passed: Aug 21
BG in process: Nov 26
PPR :Dec 30

I have read that I should not send Passport to Ottawa since I hold Indian Passport. I should request for change of VO to US.
I have an issue- my children's passport will expire on 30th June 2016. What should I do? renew the PP and then send? or send the PP without renewal ? Kindly help

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gpm123 said:
Hi,

I am new to this forum, but I was following all the topics for the last 4 months.

I got PPR today.

AOR: Aug 12 (US resident)
Med passed: Aug 21
BG in process: Nov 26
PPR :Dec 30

I have read that I should not send Passport to Ottawa since I hold Indian Passport. I should request for change of VO to US.
I have an issue- my children's passport will expire on 30th June 2016. What should I do? renew the PP and then send? or send the PP without renewal ? Kindly help
Congratulations!

Jun '16 is a good 6 months away. You can send the same passport without renewing.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Han said:
Thanks Asivad Anac,
Could it be any translator inside Canada or does CIC have a panel of certified translators?
Any translator inside Canada who is in good standing with provincial organizations of translators of Canada would suffice. CIC doesn't have a panel of translators.