08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 :)
Asivad Anac said:
If your Masters education was outside Canada, you can count that experience.

You should be able to claim more than 36 months of experience and that would be full time because you have worked at least 32 hours/week across all 3 jobs.

Have you checked if your job responsibilities match with the main duties of your chosen NOC? Strongly recommend that you try and get an expanded list of responsibilities (as bullet points, where possible) in line with your chosen NOC - right now, they don't appear very comprehensive.

All the best!
Thanks a lot Asivad Anac for your response.
I posted here because I read somewhere that if one was student, his work experience would be counted half! I was a full-time student outside Canada, for the third letter. I hope they count it.
The responsibilities match the NOC code completely. I can ask my supervisor to write them in bullets though.
My other doubt is, it is written that I had worked for them from Saturday to Tuesday. By that, we mean Saturday, Sunday, Monday, AND Tuesday. Does it imply the same thing or not?

Again thanks and +1 for your response.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Han said:
Thanks a lot Asivad Anac for your response.
I posted here because I read somewhere that if one was student, his work experience would be counted half! I was a full-time student outside Canada, for the third letter. I hope they count it.
The responsibilities match the NOC code completely. I can ask my supervisor to write them in bullets though.
My other doubt is, it is written that I had worked for them from Saturday to Tuesday. By that, we mean Saturday, Sunday, Monday, AND Tuesday. Does it imply the same thing or not?

That's how I calculated 32 hours/week so it does imply exactly that.

Again thanks and +1 for your response.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manbir42 said:
Just one last thing, In the application mentioning the job title at which I had quit from the organization doesnt show my other position which was the lower one. Would it have any bearing during verification where they might question that I hadn't mentioned it in the application? thanks again asivad
I don't imagine that would matter much. The entirety of your experience was in 1 NOC and that is reflected in the reference letter.

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,

So I have 480 points right now, with CEC met and FSW mot met. I however have 5 years of work experience that fetched me 50 points from my experience outside Canada. I have 1 year work experience in Canada. I have the following questions now:
1. So say I get an invite in the next draw am assuming I will be called under CEC?
2. And will I have to give the employment and reference letters for my work exp outside of Canada too?
3. My job title falls under the "roles and responsibilities of 2171", but the title as such is of "5121". But you know in IT most roles have common tasks.
So how should I get the employment letters? Will I be asked for these even if I am invited under CEC? This is because I am worried I will get these letters from companies like IBM.

Any suggestions here?

harry96

Star Member
Feb 27, 2013
Hi Asivad,

I recently received my PPR but I had a question , do the spouse/dependents get seprate UCI. Nether of my communications showed a different UCI just mine as I am the principle applicant. Now I am going to request the change of VO for my spouse and I was wondering what UCI info should I give them coz all I have seen is my UCI everywhere. Am I missing something. Can you please help?

Thanks,

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SR14 said:
Thanks a lot Asivad. You have been very helpful to a lot of us.

I had one more querry. Can you please throw some light on how does the Ontario PNP work. I had read that individuals with CRS scores over 400 usually get an invitation to apply for nomination. I have 400+ but havent yet received any message from them.

Further what are the stages for the Ontario nomination, how long does it take and what is the success rate of getting a nomination ?

regards,
400+ is a necessary but not sufficient condition for an Ontario nomination. Ontario chooses to send an invitation to some EE applicants based on other 'unwritten' criteria as well.

Once they send you an invite, you have 45 days to send them a completed application. They are committed to processing 80% applications within 6 months or less. Once they process it positively and send you a nomination, you can accept that and it will add 600 points to your CRS leading to an ITA in the very next draw.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hemi427 said:
Hey maestro, here is a situation i want your comments on, in my first job i was in merchant ship and hence had to travel across the globe... I did not visit any country as i was onboard the whole time..... I was obviously out of my country as i have entry and exit stamp on my passport...how do i account this? What do i write in country visited?
Tricky. As you didn't land in any other country, I imagine you should mention only the country of citizenship in your application.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TECC_Seneca said:
Hi there,

So I have 480 points right now, with CEC met and FSW mot met. I however have 5 years of work experience that fetched me 50 points from my experience outside Canada. I have 1 year work experience in Canada. I have the following questions now:
1. So say I get an invite in the next draw am assuming I will be called under CEC?

Yes.

2. And will I have to give the employment and reference letters for my work exp outside of Canada too?

Yes.

3. My job title falls under the "roles and responsibilities of 2171", but the title as such is of "5121". But you know in IT most roles have common tasks.
So how should I get the employment letters? Will I be asked for these even if I am invited under CEC? This is because I am worried I will get these letters from companies like IBM.

Go with 2171, job titles don't matter.

Any suggestions here?

Hemi427

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Tricky. As you didn't land in any other country, I imagine you should mention only the country of citizenship in your application.
Yes its baffling me on what should i fill under country...filling my citizenship country wont be correct i reckon....should i leave it blank and add comments that i was onbaord a ship? Also attach a LOE to explain my situation?

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Asivad Anac. Appreciate it.
Further I have to ask:
I have all the documents like offer letter, relieving letter and pay stubs for my work experience outside Canada. Just that it's not in the way CIC wants it. But will this matter for me even if I am called under CEC? Because I was thinking CEC would emphasize on the 1 year Canadian experience but not on the foreign work.

Also what about the proof of funds? How should I show that for CEC?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TECC_Seneca said:
Thanks Asivad Anac. Appreciate it.
Further I have to ask:
I have all the documents like offer letter, relieving letter and pay stubs for my work experience outside Canada. Just that it's not in the way CIC wants it. But will this matter for me even if I am called under CEC? Because I was thinking CEC would emphasize on the 1 year Canadian experience but not on the foreign work.

CEC isn't the only criteria. You'll need to prove that you deserve those points which accrued to you based on the foreign work experience.

Also what about the proof of funds? How should I show that for CEC?

You'll be exempted from POF as you'll be invited under CEC.

manbir42

Mar 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2015
Doc's Request.
24-02-2016
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
Med's Done....
03-03-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
Asivad Anac said:
I don't imagine that would matter much. The entirety of your experience was in 1 NOC and that is reflected in the reference letter.
So to be on a safer side, can I put both separated by a "/" in the job title? I am sorry about so many querries

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks again.

So am assuming I would still need those letters in the said format. Well, that's my worry because no one is even responding to me from my previous company. I hope someone does.

sraj07

May 26, 2015
Hi Asivad and Others ,

Why I am getting all the issues with my application in this world :-( .

Ok I checked the emedical information sheet for my kid ... The passport number is correct, however the date of issue and date of expiry is mentioned wrong in the information sheet . I ran to the hospital , the immigration nurse said ,it was her mistake , but she said once they submit the emedicals , she cannot change anything as the application is out of their control .In front of me , she emailed to xxxx@cic.gc.ca , the person whom she usually contact for emedicals and said that the dates were wrong in the report and asked that cic person to correct .

I got the print copy of that email , got her physical signature and date and got the hospital stamp on that

My questions :

1) Shall I submit my kid medical sheet + her signed email copy + loe explaining the issue ?
2) Do CIC reject my application because of this date issue . (Note: My information sheet and spouse information sheet is correct, its my kid's sheet which is wrong - Passport number and other details are correct , the dates of passport are wrong) ,

I know the information is very important in the report ... But what can I do ? It is the data entry mistake by the nurse and I cannot ask her to show her computer screen when she is filling the forms at that time .... I do agree it is my mistake that I didn't review when I got the report .. But the rejection of application is a big punishment .. Please help me guys ...

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manbir42 said:
So to be on a safer side, can I put both separated by a "/" in the job title? I am sorry about so many querries
Job title doesn't really matter, only the NOC does. No reason to mention this in your application.