Thank you Asivad Anac

monibatr2

Oct 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
I haven't been following OINP very closely hence I do know that OINP is sending mails to applicants about this duplicate ECA report but I haven't seen any updates on their site. Please do share the site link so that I can see this for myself.

About your spouse's ECA,

1. Spouse's foreign education supported by an ECA can add up to 10 points to your CRS. If your CRS falls below 400 without those points, definitely ensure that your spouse's ECA report also reaches OINP directly from the agency (follow the same process as your ECA report).

2. Spouse's foreign education doesn't get any points on the FSW grid. If your CRS doesn't fall below 400 without those additional points, spouse's ECA is irrelevant to your OINP application so you can safely save the money and effort on getting their ECA agency to send a duplicate report to OINP.
My spouse education does give me points to add up my CRS and without those points my score doesn't fall below 400.

But what is FSW grid?? is it the one which asks for min 67 out of 100??

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Neetz said:
Hello I have a query. My passport just got stamped and i am planning to fly to Canada in March. I have a friend in UK and would like to visit her on my way to Canada. I just want to ask if it is ok to travel from my base location to Canada with a stopover in London for 1 day ?
Absolutely fine.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
monibatr2 said:
My spouse education does give me points to add up my CRS and without those points my score doesn't fall below 400.

But what is FSW grid?? is it the one which asks for min 67 out of 100??
Yes, that's the grid.

rj1jr

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Asivad,

We got our COPR and stamped passports today. We had sent these through an agent to the New Delhi VFS coz there is no VFS branch in our state.

However, we were surprised to see the COPR documents folded multiple times and pinned to the last page of our passports. There was no cover or anything. And moreover, a slight tear is also there on one of the documents. We had enquired at VFS, they said they sent it in a sealed package.

Would our documents be regarded as tampered due to this?

Thanks in advance,
RJ

Ramii

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Hello Dear,
I had a question concerning the travel history, I lost my passport, do I have to state exactly when did I leave, or will a range would be sufficient? Another thing do I have to state everything for the last 10 years, or 5? Thanks a lot in advance. I also lived in Doha for more than 6 months, do I have get a PCC for that, or not?

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
I have a question:

If you have a relative with a PR but living out of Canada, that said relative also happens to be not willing to share any docs/PR card copy/lease contract/bank statement with me (just being afraid/being an a$$//whetever..).

I answered to the explicit question in EE & OINP whether I have a relative with PR by YES and explained in the letter of intent that he is not willing to share any personal info/docs.

will this be an issue? I don't need the extra points this adds since I'm already above 67pts either way. I just indicated YES in my response to that question to be truthful and avoid misinterpretation and/or deliberately hiding information.

have I done the right thing? or should I not included this relation altogether?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maged_mmh said:
I have a question:

If you have a relative with a PR but living out of Canada, that said relative also happens to be not willing to share any docs/PR card copy/lease contract/bank statement with me (just being afraid/being an a$$//whetever..).

I answered to the explicit question in EE & OINP whether I have a relative with PR by YES and explained in the letter of intent that he is not willing to share any personal info/docs.

will this be an issue? I don't need the extra points this adds since I'm already above 67pts either way. I just indicated YES in my response to that question to be truthful and avoid misinterpretation and/or deliberately hiding information.

have I done the right thing? or should I not included this relation altogether?
Not a problem. You'll just not get points for that section but you don't need them in the first place.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rj1jr said:
Hi Asivad,

We got our COPR and stamped passports today. We had sent these through an agent to the New Delhi VFS coz there is no VFS branch in our state.

However, we were surprised to see the COPR documents folded multiple times and pinned to the last page of our passports. There was no cover or anything. And moreover, a slight tear is also there on one of the documents. We had enquired at VFS, they said they sent it in a sealed package.

Would our documents be regarded as tampered due to this?

Thanks in advance,
RJ
One of the COPR should've the photograph as well affixed to it. Should not be a problem but do consider naming and shaming that unprofessional consultant.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ramii said:
Hello Dear,
I had a question concerning the travel history, I lost my passport, do I have to state exactly when did I leave, or will a range would be sufficient? Another thing do I have to state everything for the last 10 years, or 5? Thanks a lot in advance. I also lived in Doha for more than 6 months, do I have get a PCC for that, or not?
1. Approximations would suffice, be as close as possible to actual travel dates.

2. 10 years at least.

3. Yes for PCC. Check here ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/mid-east/qatar.asp

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Asivad Anac said:
Not a problem. You'll just not get points for that section but you don't need them in the first place.
so I did the right thing disclosing it?

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad, all other experts ; Please spare some moments to read and share your experience.

My HR Dept issued a employment letter stating my designation and the joining date.

Out rightly the HR refused to mention role/duties/responsibilities in the employment letter.

However I requested my manager. He spoke to the HR Dept. and the role/duties/responsibilities was given on plain paper which I got notarized.

My manager gave his business card to attach.

I cannot really insists on my employers, which would put my 5 years current job in jeopardy.

Now the list of docs I am planing to enclose for OPNP.

Current Company A
Software Engineer
5 years completed sixth year continuing

1. Employment letter issued by Human Resource department stating my joining date and my designation.
2. A referral letter covering all my duties, roles, responsibilities on plain paper, notarized.
(This letter was issued by my manager upon my request)
3. My monthly salary slips stubs for last seven months
4. Employment agreement
5. Latest Email trail, appreciating my contribution, productivity, value addition

Previous Companies

Company B

1. Employment letter issued by Human Resource department stating my joining date and my designation.
2. A referral letter covering all my duties, roles, responsibilities on plain paper, notarized.
3. My appointment letter with designation, date
4. Employment agreement
5. Employment offer email copies
6. Revised employment offer

Company C

A employment letter on letter headcovering designation, date of joining all my duties, roles, responsibilities on company letter head Signed
by my Manager.

LoE

Due to Current Company A, Current Company B policies, procedures, I am unable to obtain a referral letter on the company letter head
with the job description, duties, role, and responsibilities.

The HR department doesn’t provide any such letters.

Note : I explained my inabilities and provided all the proofs with regards my employment

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MZASAM said:
Asivad, all other experts ; Please spare some moments to read and share your experience.

My HR Dept issued a employment letter stating my designation and the joining date.

Out rightly the HR refused to mention role/duties/responsibilities in the employment letter.

However I requested my manager. He spoke to the HR Dept. and the role/duties/responsibilities was given on plain paper which I got notarized.

My manager gave his business card to attach.

I cannot really insists on my employers, which would put my 5 years current job in jeopardy.

Now the list of docs I am planing to enclose for OPNP.

Current Company A
Software Engineer
5 years completed sixth year continuing

3. My monthly salary slips stubs for last seven months
4. Employment agreement
5. Latest Email trail, appreciating my contribution, productivity, value addition

Previous Companies

Company B

3. My appointment letter with designation, date
4. Employment agreement
5. Employment offer email copies
6. Revised employment offer

Company C

A employment letter on letter headcovering designation, date of joining all my duties, roles, responsibilities on company letter head Signed
by my Manager.

LoE

Due to Current Company A, Current Company B policies, procedures, I am unable to obtain a referral letter on the company letter head
with the job description, duties, role, and responsibilities.

The HR department doesn’t provide any such letters.

Note : I explained my inabilities and provided all the proofs with regards my employment
Looks comprehensive. All the best!

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot Asivad for your response. Highly appreciate it.

The CIC I believe understands our inability to provide the Employment / Referral letter as the companies stick to their policies, procedures.

They wish to establish the authenticity of the job, role and resp, salary, hours, payslip etc which they can do through the BG checks.

Majority face this issue are in dilemma and can't risk their jobs insisting on HR, etc