Thank you Asivad Anac

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
confused1988 said:
Hi Avisad,

First of all Thank you for taking your time and answering all of our questions. I have a question myself.

I applied to Express Entry with BC EE PNP (Skills immigration). I work in a fulltime permanent position with a Valid NOC job. I have mentioned $20,000 when applying for PNP. For proof of funds after receiving ITA, I have shown around $8000(without liabilities) in my bank account. Now I have to fillup the schedule 4 form, and mention funds. How much money should I mention in that form ? I also have a dependent(spouse).

Thank you again!
Why have you shown only $8000? Unless you are on an LMIA supported job or invited under CEC, you'll have to show upwards of $ 15000 as POF for 2 people. If you were invited under CEC, mention $8000 in Schedule 4 as well.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Hi Asivad,

I guess my questions got overlooked... please reply iff possible.

THERE ARE FIELDS IN THE NOMINEE APPLICATION PERTAINING TO ADDRESS:

NO. SUFFIX
STREET TYPE
STREET DIRECTION

SHOULD I ALSO MARK THEM N/A?

*DATE FIELDS - FOR ONGOING WORK EXPERIENCE - SHOULD I MENTION CURRENT DATE (OF APPLICATION) OR N/A OR BLANK??

rajkamalmohanram can help with these.

1) You can write N/A in the above mentioned fields. Some fields are numeric-only and do not support characters. If you encounter this, leave it blank, print the form and then write N/A.

2) You cannot leave this field blank because it will not allow you to proceed. You can give any date, finish the application, print it and then use a whitener over this field and write "Ongoing" or "Present". Some applicants have also selected a future date and have explained the case in a LOE. I personally prefer the former.

* ALONGWITH MY WORK EXPERIENCE OF LAST 10 YEARS, I ALSO HAPPEN TO BE SELF EMPLOYED (HV MY OWN COMPANY WITH MY HUSBAND) in which i WORK PART - TIME AND WE BOTH EARN REMUNERATION FROM THE SAME SINCE LAST 5 YEARS. i DO HAVE ALL MY DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE SAME. HOWEVER DONOT WANT TO BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE SAME AND MAKE IT COMPLICATED .

SO FOR QUESTION LIKE : WERE YOU SELF EMPLOYED DURING ANY OF THE ABOVE LISTED PERIODS? i HAVE MARKED "YES" AND IN DETAILS HAVE WRITTEN " RUNNING SMALL PART - TIME BUSINESS FOR WHICH I CHOOSE NOT TO BE ASSESSED AGAINST FSWP" .............IS THIS CORRECT OR SHOULD I MENTION "NO" IN THE FIRST PLACE??

Answer 'No' to avoid any confusion.

* BETWEEN MY GRADUATION AND MASTER'S I HAD DROPPED ONE YEAR WHILE PREPARING FOR ENTRANCE TESTS, AND DID DIPLOMA IN COMPUTERS FROM APTECH AND HAVE CERTIFICATE OF THIS (WHICH IS NOT ECA DONE)......SO WHILE FILLING IN EDUCATION HISTORY DO I NEED TO MENTION THE DIPLOMA?? I HAVE THE CERTIFICATE BU HVNT GOT ITS ECA DONE OR CAN I SKIP IT ALTOGETHER.

No need to mention this certificate.

LOOKING FORWARD TO CLARIFICATION ON THE ABOVE POINTS
monibatr2, find my response above in green.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SR14 said:
Hi,

We are showing 2 bank accounts. All the fund transfers (from the spouse and relatives) are being transferred into a dormant (not salary but regular savings account).
The second account is the regular salary account. The reason for this is we cannot transfer monies into the salary account as that is audited and might be questioned by the company for the incoming money transfer.
Wanted to check is this OK where one account is dormant and has sudden incoming money transfers and the second is a salary account. Also Do we need to show 6 month bank statements for both ?
If the entire POF can be shown just using the dormant account, there is no need to show the salary account. In addition to that, you'll have to provide source of funds for all the money coming into the dormant account.

nrc1978

Sep 10, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
Toughie! Assuming you aren't from a visa-exempt country, I would recommend avoiding international travel till you get confirmation on BOWP/PR application or both.
Hi Asivad - Thanks for the reply. I don't mind staying back in India untill i get my confirmation on PR/BOWP as it is bit emergency to travel to India. My question was do i need to carry any specific documents like my PR eReceipt and BOWP confirmation letter from CIC while traveling back so that to indicate i was in implied status from Jan 2016 till travel date

Thanks and Regds
Ravi

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nrc1978 said:
Hi Asivad - Thanks for the reply. I don't mind staying back in India untill i get my confirmation on PR/BOWP as it is bit emergency to travel to India. My question was do i need to carry any specific documents like my PR eReceipt and BOWP confirmation letter from CIC while traveling back so that to indicate i was in implied status from Jan 2016 till travel date

Thanks and Regds
Ravi
No harm carrying that documentation on your way out.

monibatr2

Oct 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Asivad. Appreciate your response!

Please note: my bank statements and spouse's do show some income from this small venture, hope by mentioning "NO" it will not amount to misrepresentation of facts or hiding important information??

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
monibatr2 said:
Thanks Asivad. Appreciate your response!

Please note: my bank statements and spouse's do show some income from this small venture, hope by mentioning "NO" it will not amount to misrepresentation of facts or hiding important information??
How much is 'small' income? Not misrepresentation for sure as you aren't claiming (or getting) any points by including this in your PR application. If you're including these accounts as part of your POF, you might have to show source of funds. However, if you can showcase all the POF using a single bank account (in the name of the PA), there is no reason to include spouse's account or other accounts as part of POF.

monibatr2

Oct 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
How much is 'small' income? Not misrepresentation for sure as you aren't claiming (or getting) any points by including this in your PR application. If you're including these accounts as part of your POF, you might have to show source of funds. However, if you can showcase all the POF using a single bank account (in the name of the PA), there is no reason to include spouse's account or other accounts as part of POF.
It is small and minuscule as compared to my regular income from my job. But it does go to my salary account and the same account is part of the POF. My tax returns also show the income from this venture too. which is why I am doubtful to say "NO" to have you been self employed!!

Page 9 of application form states: " the following documents are required if you have been self employed AND choose to be assessed against FSWP"

Since i dont wish to be assessed against the same, and also not hide that I do have some income from being self employed (as it is evident on bank statement - regular monthly income) - i felt that I could choose "YES" and give reason for not providing the relevant documents.

In a rare case where they do might ask me for relevant documents, I do have all.

Please give your very frank and expert opinion.

monibatr2

Oct 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Asivad..

To add, for POF I am showing funds in my account and joint account with spouse.

The income from the venture reflects in both.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
monibatr2 said:
It is small and minuscule as compared to my regular income from my job. But it does go to my salary account and the same account is part of the POF. My tax returns also show the income from this venture too. which is why I am doubtful to say "NO" to have you been self employed!!

Page 9 of application form states: " the following documents are required if you have been self employed AND choose to be assessed against FSWP"

Since i dont wish to be assessed against the same, and also not hide that I do have some income from being self employed (as it is evident on bank statement - regular monthly income) - i felt that I could choose "YES" and give reason for not providing the relevant documents.

In a rare case where they do might ask me for relevant documents, I do have all.

Please give your very frank and expert opinion.
No reason to disclose the self-employment. It will only lead to documentation requirements which are avoidable, both for you and the office assessing your case, as they add nothing to your PR application.

Your source of funds will be questioned ONLY if there are any unexplained suspiciously large credits in your POF account within the last 6 months. Periodic credits and debits are part of any healthy bank account - those won't require explanations.

monibatr2

Oct 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
No reason to disclose the self-employment. It will only lead to documentation requirements which are avoidable, both for you and the office assessing your case, as they add nothing to your PR application.

Your source of funds will be questioned ONLY if there are any unexplained suspiciously large credits in your POF account within the last 6 months. Periodic credits and debits are part of any healthy bank account - those won't require explanations.
Dear Asivad, It does sounds reasonable to say "NO", since its is a regular debit and credit.

However, considering I do say "NO" and in case there is a question (like you pointed out earlier that"If you're including these accounts as part of your POF, you might have to show source of funds." please guide me on the reply too.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
monibatr2 said:
Dear Asivad, It does sounds reasonable to say "NO", since its is a regular debit and credit.

However, considering I do say "NO" and in case there is a question (like you pointed out earlier that"If you're including these accounts as part of your POF, you might have to show source of funds." please guide me on the reply too.
Which is why I asked you to clarify 'small' income. Let's break this down.

1. No harm in showing self-employment experience in your application. It will only require additional documentation which is meaningless as it doesn't contribute to your CRS score.

2. No harm in removing self employment from your application. It doesn't add anything to your application and not showing it isn't misrepresentation.

3. If you're showing self and spouse accounts as POF, you're required to explain any suspiciously large credit transactions in both these accounts over the last 6 months as these might indicate presence of borrowed funds. 'Large' transactions would be items that bring in upwards of 20% of your POF requirements in a single credit transaction. If your POF requirement is 15000 CAD, anything above 3000 CAD is a suspiciously large credit.

monibatr2

Oct 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Which is why I asked you to clarify 'small' income. Let's break this down.

1. No harm in showing self-employment experience in your application. It will only require additional documentation which is meaningless as it doesn't contribute to your CRS score.

2. No harm in removing self employment from your application. It doesn't add anything to your application and not showing it isn't misrepresentation.

3. If you're showing self and spouse accounts as POF, you're required to explain any suspiciously large credit transactions in both these accounts over the last 6 months as these might indicate presence of borrowed funds. 'Large' transactions would be items that bring in upwards of 20% of your POF requirements in a single credit transaction. If your POF requirement is 15000 CAD, anything above 3000 CAD is a suspiciously large credit.
Truly, I can't thank you enough on your diligence, clarity and patience in answering each query !!!

Asivad, as far as the %age of POF is concerned, out my POF requirement of $22603, the income collectively in both our accounts from the venture is merely $542 every month (hence i said minuscule). 20% of the same is approx $4520.

so, Can i safely say "NO"

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
monibatr2 said:
Truly, I can't thank you enough on your diligence, clarity and patience in answering each query !!!

Asivad, as far as the %age of POF is concerned, out my POF requirement of $22603, the income collectively in both our accounts from the venture is merely $542 every month (hence i said minuscule). 20% of the same is approx $4520.

so, Can i safely say "NO"
Yes.