+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test Completed But BACKGROUND CHECK in progress.

Locco1979

May 24, 2024
Thanks for explaining this. I always wondered how come “we are waiting for third party background assessment” phrase from IRCC suddenly didn’t matter when someone files a writ of mandamus. The IRCC then goes ahead and grants citizenship as if those background checks are suddenly completed. Just broken and mismanaged system.

Seems that my response has been signaled, truth hurts ;)

Locco1979

May 24, 2024
The randomness and discrimination of being in extended background check hurts. Its been 15 months for me. They are processing the newer applications within 4-5 months.
There's no randomness in the process, it is just a deliberated chaos that was allowed to proliferate for all these years and for those same reasons that I have cited in my "signaled" response.

Don't you dare using terms like "discrimination" you never know, you might hurt some "ultra sensitive souls" of the forum :p

80% of the new applications are within 7 to 8 months, again it was a deliberate choice from IRCC to cut corners and be much more conservative as whether to send applicants for enhanced security or not.

Reactions: Rasha

Locco1979

May 24, 2024
"Its been 15 months for me."

If they only were truly and effectively investigating someone for such a long time : that person should not be waiting for any decision but rather should be in jail or deported out of the country for being a super-duper spy :D

So stupid !!

Graykoala

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
"Its been 15 months for me."

If they only were truly and effectively investigating someone for such a long time : that person should not be waiting for any decision but rather should be in jail or deported out of the country for being a super-duper spy :D

So stupid !!
what’s more concerning is that they have granted pr and citizenship to people who are an actual security threat, even some ministers were recently involved in questionable activities. But these so called third parties of IRCC want to harass some normal people who wouldn’t even hurt a fly.

Reactions: Rasha and Locco1979

TechTimer

Aug 16, 2024
Thanks for the detailed information.
Did CSIS clear anyone background in this group who was waiting for longer time without "Writ of Mandamus" ?
People who applied "Writ of Mandamus", could you let me know the average cost of this application and lawyer charges ?

Locco1979

May 24, 2024
Thanks for the detailed information.
Did CSIS clear anyone background in this group who was waiting for longer time without "Writ of Mandamus" ?
People who applied "Writ of Mandamus", could you let me know the average cost of this application and lawyer charges ?
The average cost across the country is around 2k if the case doesn't reach the federal court etc.. but could go up 7k and more if it does. Some Law firms offer a more discounted price for group applications etc...

I am new to this forum but I must assume that the majority did. The question is not if CSIS will clear your background or not but how much you can afford to wait ? 2 years ? 4 years ? 5 years ?

I came across this horror story in the internet where the person had to wait for 7 years !! His application was under security screening since in 2016, only to be invited for oath last year in 2023 !!! o_Oo_O

Source https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvicecanada/comments/stlxd5

Izytiti

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
The randomness and discrimination of being in extended background check hurts. Its been 15 months for me. They are processing the newer applications within 4-5 months.
I see IRCC as weak in this background checks thing. They just sit back like some dormant institution and allow CSIS to spend as many years as they preferred in name of the so-called security checks perhaps on innocuous applicants. It is surprising these two institution do not have timeline or have not agreed on timeline for background checks.
Now if you carefully look at the reasons for their screening, it is mind boggling they spend that much time background checking applicants. If someone is a security threat or is engaged in hostile and subversive activities whether now or in the past, under normal circumstance, they should not be spending years trying to figure the person out. It is like a fire truck arriving to fire scene three days after the fire started. System needs fixing but because this aspect concerns immigrants, no one cares. Totally unacceptable to spend months and years on security screening a person as if they committed the biggest crime in the world. Most people who are victims of this extended backgrounds have clean criminal records and never engaged in any crime. If you are agent of CSIS and you are reading this, please tell your institution they can do better than what is going on now!

Reactions: Graykoala and ta123

OCanada1867

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
I am in the same boat. Applied May 2023, BG still pending. How much do you think one should wait before it would be appropriate to file a mandamus.