+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Talked to a lawyer regarding next EE cut off

iphone5

Aug 12, 2014
Phil89 said:
haha you are prob not in Canada cause if you were, you wouldn't be so sure about job bank and matching employers. This is nonsense and may work for very few people. CIC are idiots in this respect. I've been living here for 5 years and 100% sure that no employers are going to sponsor people from abroad they have never seen before and wait another half a year for them to come to Canada. This is like a joke. It's not that easy to find a decent job within Canada.
I agree 100%

silasnjita

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
hedonist10 said:
cutoff will either remain same or will come to less than 500, because it is not possible to get 67 points out of 100 for basic qualification for FSWP if your score is just 150 or less out of 600 (since 600 is guaranteed for LMIA or PNP.
Also it is virtually impossible to get scores greater than 500 for ur skills out of 600
So there is no point of predicting cutoff to be in range of 500 to 750....it is either more than 750 or less than 500.
Hedonist10 I think u are right with the point range issue. If you do a rough sample, you'll discouver its hard to obtain above 500 points. Most applicants have scores below 500.

Mbgirlfriend

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2015
AOR Received.
July 9, 2015
Med's Request
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
doubleym said:
This has already been discussed, nobody could find an accurate correlation because people who had submitted profiles within a few hours after EE opened were receiving 'high' EE IDs, seems pretty unlikely that 10k people would have fully submitted EE profiles only a few hours after the system opened.

At the end of the day we have no concrete data.
Actually I can see that number being possible in a few hours. When ever the IEC visas get released about 2000 are gone in 20 minutes. That is 2000 to one country and getting them requires you to fill out a profile on line. So I think its fair to say that 10k profiles could be created across the world in just a few hours in fact I think that number is low.

As for if the media would care about international students not being able to get PR I would say they won't care because most Canadians don't like the fact that many people come to study in Canada (usually from well off families who can afford the high international student fees). They get degrees in areas that there is already competition in the job market for and then by playing the system get PR and become competition to Canadian Citizens in that job market. The becoming a student to gain PR in Canada has become a way for some people to basically buy their way to PR. I believe the aim of the new EE system is to avoid that because it does not help the economy at all if there are more people unemployed or working in lower end jobs with certain degrees because of added competition in areas from foreign students getting PR. So, basically if you are going to come to Canada as a student and want to stay it better be to study in an area that there is a high demand for in the job market.

Remember CIC has a responsibility to Canada and its economy and that has to come first so even if a student has been contributing to the economy for years and is already settled it does not mean that allowing them to stay is good for the economy if by staying it increases unemployment or underemployment rates.