+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Talked to a lawyer regarding next EE cut off

boreda

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Guys just stand at one point ...cic say they will select only top ranking score from the pool. Now one if my frnd said ...they will consider our roles and duties ..

I feel that software need to work as cab driver job there

Drzues

Star Member
May 30, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
Canceled
boske83 said:
I am following the other thread related to PGWP problems, and I can't even imagine on how those people feel at the moment... however, someone mentioned that when coming in Canada for student visa, a paper which confirms that student has no attention to stay in Canada need to be provided... My understanding of PGWP is that those international student had opportunity to stay and work on that visa, and later get PR under CEC... looks like that this path has been closed now, at least for a while, and I really feel sorry for the people that cannot get extension until they meet PR requirements...

Regarding press and media pressure - I think they will not care at all for this... :( hope i am wrong
I am agree with you, media wont give a flying ****, its all hope. Lets just calm down and hope for the best for now.

MONKUCHA

Oct 6, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ALBERTA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/17/15
Nomination.....
06/19/15
AOR Received.
11/16/15
Med's Request
05/02/16 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
05/02/16
boske83 said:
I am following the other thread related to PGWP problems, and I can't even imagine on how those people feel at the moment... however, someone mentioned that when coming in Canada for student visa, a paper which confirms that student has no attention to stay in Canada need to be provided... My understanding of PGWP is that those international student had opportunity to stay and work on that visa, and later get PR under CEC... looks like that this path has been closed now, at least for a while, and I really feel sorry for the people that cannot get extension until they meet PR requirements...

Regarding press and media pressure - I think they will not care at all for this... :( hope i am wrong

I think that they have to care...and they do
Otherwise that won't be CEC Category in EXPRESS ENTRY profile. All immigration related news says the same
For example a piece of info :

2. LMIAs rule the Express Entry world.

As you have now likely seen from the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS), anyone holding a job offer confirmed by a regular or permanent LMIA will most assuredly be given an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence in Canada. With this being said, do not think for a minute that just because you do not hold one now, there is no point in apply under Express Entry. Although job offers supported by an LMIA accumulate 600 points towards the maximum 1200 within the CRS, CIC has indicated repeatedly that they anticipate drawing individuals with high human capital and no LMIA in the beginning draws.

astro313

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys , let's be a little more optimistic but at the same time realistic. All the people which are in the pool are eligible to go to Canada and that's a fact. 320 maybe is a little to low , but remember that all of them have passed the 67 points limit in FSW.

Demoralizing others will not increase the chances of you getting an ITA. If CIC wants to reach it's immigration caps , they will pick candidates from the pool with less than 450 CRS points (remember, all pool candidates have at least 67+ points). In my opinion Job Matching Service will be able to arrange a job just to a small part of the pool.

Who wants to offer a job to a guy that will come at least 6 months later? No one.

Good luck to everyone

Jan 2, 2015
boske83 said:

I agree with you. CIC is stupid in this way. On one hand, they say they're welcoming for international student and high-skilled people, on the other hand they're not allowing THOSE people to stay and immigrate...

irishIan

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
jesslovesorange said:
I agree with you. CIC is stupid in this way. On one hand, they say they're welcoming for international student and high-skilled people, on the other hand they're not allowing THOSE people to stay and immigrate...
I think the initial influx of high pointers will ease off in 6+ months time allowing others to get in on the action. Also, I'm sure CIC will review their procedures once they have a better picture of how its all playing out.

Bottom line....we dont really know

hedonist10

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
cutoff will either remain same or will come to less than 500, because it is not possible to get 67 points out of 100 for basic qualification for FSWP if your score is just 150 or less out of 600 (since 600 is guaranteed for LMIA or PNP.
Also it is virtually impossible to get scores greater than 500 for ur skills out of 600
So there is no point of predicting cutoff to be in range of 500 to 750....it is either more than 750 or less than 500.

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
jesslovesorange said:
I don't think you understand the distinction between foreign student and immigrant. They ARE two different things. Perhaps you need a dictionary.

Foreign students are only admitted for study purposes and had to show intention to return home at the end of their studies to even get the study visa in the first place. They come here to get an education.

Got your education? Time to go home.

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
marcus66502 said:
I don't think you understand the distinction between foreign student and immigrant. They ARE two different things. Perhaps you need a dictionary.

Foreign students are only admitted for study purposes and had to show intention to return home at the end of their studies to even get the study visa in the first place. They come here to get an education.

Troll is back :)

evanstp9

Nov 27, 2012
marcus66502 said:

At the same time they also recognize the dual intent... You may have come for education, but if you saw that you really like living here and have a job offer, who says that you have to go home?

The problem is when students come with study permits, then drop out and get jobs below minimum wage or "under the table" money...

A legitimate student who has canadian education, has been living for years here, contributing to the canadian economy, has way more chances of being successful here in the long run!

So what you suggest shows ignorance, nothing more!

Drzues

Star Member
May 30, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
Canceled
marcus66502 said:

What are you talking about. Most of the students come here to settle down after getting their education.

Ivan.Galv

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
If you reference to famous lawyer, it is good practice to say his/her full name. Otherwise, it is nothing.
In addition, currently in the pool there are more than 40k applications. At least ~20k of them have more than 327 point.
They definitely can not send ITA to all of them because CEC+FSW total amount of PRs in 2015 will be only 70k and it is including FSW2014 and CEC2014.
They cannot give ITA to 30% of the full year quota. It is too many.

I believe they will slightly increase amount in the next months. Maybe starting from 1k and finishing to 3k every month and there will be no ITAs for people below 450 in 2015. In 2016 the cutoff score may be 375-400 and finally stabilized in 2017 somewhere between 325-350 in 2017 and later. Why it will not fall below 325-350? It is very easy to explain. Because on previous years, less than 50% of received by CIC FSW applications were accepted to permanent residency. Therefore, the cutoff score also must be at ~50% of total amount of applicants.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Ivan.Galv said:
If you reference to famous lawyer, it is good practice to say his/her full name. Otherwise, it is nothing.
In addition, currently in the pool there are more than 40k applications. At least ~20k of them have more than 327 point.
They definitely can not send ITA to all of them because CEC+FSW total amount of PRs in 2015 will be only 70k and it is including FSW2014 and CEC2014.
They cannot give ITA to 30% of the full year quota. It is too many.

I believe they will slightly increase amount in the next months. Maybe starting from 1k and finishing to 3k every month and there will be no ITAs for people below 450 in 2015. In 2016 the cutoff score may be 375-400 and finally stabilized in 2017 somewhere between 325-350 in 2017 and later.
Very optimistic IMO.

As Job bank usage (Employers and employees) starts to pick up, more and more people will be matched with employers that wants to hire and willing to file LMIA. So average points of applicants will only go up.
This is my guess: CIC is deliberately setting ITA issues very low to make sure no one without LMIA or PNP gets ITA at early stage of EE.

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
How do we know that there are 40,000 applicants in the pool?