+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Talked to a lawyer regarding next EE cut off

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
mf4361 said:
Very optimistic IMO.

As Job bank usage (Employers and employees) starts to pick up, more and more people will be matched with employers that wants to hire and willing to file LMIA. So average points of applicants will only go up.
This is my guess: CIC is deliberately setting ITA issues very low to make sure no one without LMIA or PNP gets ITA at early stage of EE.
haha you are prob not in Canada cause if you were, you wouldn't be so sure about job bank and matching employers. This is nonsense and may work for very few people. CIC are idiots in this respect. I've been living here for 5 years and 100% sure that no employers are going to sponsor people from abroad they have never seen before and wait another half a year for them to come to Canada. This is like a joke. It's not that easy to find a decent job within Canada.

Ivan.Galv

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
YamPower said:
How do we know that there are 40,000 applicants in the pool?
Every submitted profile has ID. The comparing January 1st IDs and today's ID gives you the total number of applications.

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
Ivan.Galv said:
Every submitted profile has ID. The comparing January 1st IDs and today's ID gives you the total number of applications.
Can you provide a link to the IDs? Pardon my ignorance here.

Ivan.Galv

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Phil89 said:
haha you are prob not in Canada cause if you were, you wouldn't be so sure about job bank and matching employers. This is nonsense and may work for very few people. CIC are idiots in this respect. I've been living here for 5 years and 100% sure that no employers are going to sponsor people from abroad they have never seen before and wait another half a year for them to come to Canada. This is like a joke. It's not that easy to find a decent job within Canada.
I agree. However, there is a possible scenario when CIC start giving LMIAs way easier than before.
The motivation: not to give any ITAs to people without LMIA.
In this case job bank becomes useful, but no signs for it so far.

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
Ivan.Galv said:
This has already been discussed, nobody could find an accurate correlation because people who had submitted profiles within a few hours after EE opened were receiving 'high' EE IDs, seems pretty unlikely that 10k people would have fully submitted EE profiles only a few hours after the system opened.

At the end of the day we have no concrete data.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ivan.Galv said:
I agree. However, there is a possible scenario when CIC start giving LMIAs way easier than before.
they're not going to make LMIA's any easier to get.

Ivan.Galv

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
doubleym said:
This has already been discussed, nobody could find an accurate correlation because people who had submitted profiles within a few hours after EE opened were receiving 'high' EE IDs, seems pretty unlikely that 10k people would have fully submitted EE profiles only a few hours after the system opened.

At the end of the day we have no concrete data.
My information that real starting ID was something like 218000.
You don't need to think that it was 200k and increased to 218k in no time. Just set 218k as starting point.

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
Ivan.Galv said:
It's not going to be easier. And the job bank thing will not work out as they want. This is the most stupid idea they could of come up with. There are 35 million people in this country and no one is going to take a risk and look for someone abroad. You can go to job bank right now and look for job postings and send out your resume. You don't need EE for this.

MONKUCHA

Oct 6, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ALBERTA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/17/15
Nomination.....
06/19/15
AOR Received.
11/16/15
Med's Request
05/02/16 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
05/02/16
curious_123 said:
How is CIC going to separate CEC applicants? There is quota of 21k ?
Where did you find this number. I am tryinf to find number fpr 2015 and I have only info that Canada will welcome between 260,000 and 285,000 new permanent residents

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
Ivan.Galv said:
No, I can not, you can find people from January and from today and ask them for IDs by yourself.
Thank you so much for not being abrupt and condescending :D

Jan 2, 2015
evanstp9 said:
At the same time they also recognize the dual intent... You may have come for education, but if you saw that you really like living here and have a job offer, who says that you have to go home?

The problem is when students come with study permits, then drop out and get jobs below minimum wage or "under the table" money...

A legitimate student who has canadian education, has been living for years here, contributing to the canadian economy, has way more chances of being successful here in the long run!

So what you suggest shows ignorance, nothing more!
Thank you.That's what I am talking about. Canada is known for immigration. And now hey're promoting "skilled immigration"---that's what's EE for, so they don't want those who received Canadian education to stay? Ridiculous.

But I don't want to say EE is totally nonsense. Let's wait until the second draw.

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
We are also forgetting one thing...provincial government has a say...for example ontario govt asking for more candidates to meet its requirement... If cic don't want foreign worker but province wants them...there is a conflict...

april2014_AINP

May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anybody seen this:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/rounds.asp?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=short-url&utm_campaign=express-entry

In the end it says, "This round of invitations included Express Entry candidates from the Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program, Canadian Experience Class and Provincial Nominee Program."

What do they mean by included EE candidates from PNP? I thought provinces are not confirming previous nominations. And, how could anyone would have got nomination under EE stream of any province so soon?