+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

seekr

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
I plan to get my in laws to Canada on a 6 month visit. This would be their first visit.
Should I rather apply for super visa (with the added benefit for them to extend their stay, lets say, to 1 year)?

What is the typical premium for 2 year insurance?
Can someone who took the insurance advice? (I know it will vary per individual cases, but wanted to get a ball park amount)

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
depends on age, my in-laws, around 60 years old
approx $1500~$2000 per year per person

seekr

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Thanks kkim604.
Just the information I was looking for. My in laws are slightly older, I would think slightly more expensive.

Any visa issuance restrictions based on age that I need to be aware of.
One of them is 74 years.

kkim604 said:
depends on age, my in-laws, around 60 years old
approx $1500~$2000 per year per person

Jacaranda

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone, Ive applied for supervisa for my parents at the Pretoria Canadian embassy, and its still under 'processing' for the 10th week now, here are the dates

date applied: 4th may
received request for medical: 10th May
completed medical: 21 May
requested for further medical: 8th June
re-medical completed on: 18th june (all results are clear, as my parents have copy of report)

remedical report reached London medical office: 20 june

after enquiring at the embassy on 4th july and 18th july, they say they are just waiting to hear from London office.

I dont understand what the delay is.... I had planned for my parents to be with my by now in the good weather...... Im so tired of waiting :(

rajdeepa

Mar 22, 2009
I have applied for my parents super visa and they have submitted at VFS chennai office on 18th of July and it reached Canadian embassy Delhi on 19th of July.
They have done "Upfront" medicals to speed up the process. I will keep you updated.

LATTIM

Jul 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2008
File Transfer...
02-05-2012
Med's Request
12-07-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
15-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-01-2013
LANDED..........
25-01-2013

abhi812

Sep 10, 2010
rajdeepa said:
I have applied for my parents super visa and they have submitted at VFS chennai office on 18th of July and it reached Canadian embassy Delhi on 19th of July.
They have done "Upfront" medicals to speed up the process. I will keep you updated.
fOR upfront medical ,where they got medical form

greatgypsy

May 3, 2012
Hi everyone!

I am citizen of Canada living in Vancouver. I am planning to apply for super visa for my parents living in Tehran. My question is regarding the medical insurance coverage mentioned in your website. How should I include the insurance in the application when I am not sure when they can make it to visit me here in Canad. It asks for at least one year insurance sent along with the application, but what if my parents come 6 months after the Visa, why should I pay for 6 months insurance when they are not here?

Which medical insurance in Canada provides the option of activating the coverage as soon as my parents enter Canada and stop it when they leave?

The following explanation in visa website is a bit confusing!

Proof that you have private medical insurance valid for a minimum of one year from a Canadian insurance company and that:
Covers health care, hospitalization and repatriation;
Provides a minimum coverage of $100,000; and
is valid for each entry to Canada and available for review by a port of entry officer.

I appreciate your guidance!

nanaykopo

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should ask the insurance company about their refund policy. The insurance company that I used, they told me that I will get a full refund if my parent did not get their visa. And the coverage could end the earliest when they leave Canada back to their country of origin. And I believe they told me that I could change the date the coverage will begin, I just have to phone them and make changes.

Romeo0021

Jun 9, 2012
My mom had to go for second medical. And they asked that to a lot of people. However, my grandma got her visa but it took about 12 weeks. Because of the medicals. Just to assure you, if you received the medical that means you passed everything but just the medical to go which I believe a formality. 99% of people Di get the visa after requested medical. It might take unusual time do be patience and font loose your hope. Good luck. :)

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
Regarding the $100,000.00 medical insurance.

My mom already bought an medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company (not sure about the amount) a long time ago. We lived in Asia. If the coverage is less than CAD$ 100,000.00 means she have to buy a new one again? Or she must buy a new one for Super Visa purpose?

Is there anyone apply Super Visa in Singapore Visa Office? Do you mind provide the timeline and is it they will interview the parent? I'd like to know how long my mom need to wait to get her super visa. 2 months or 3 months?

Super visa is valid for 2 years, right? How to ask for 10 years visa?

Thanks for your help.

pinder123

May 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
03-09-2012
AOR Received.
26/06/2012
File Transfer...
26/06/2012
Med's Done....
10-02-2012
Interview........
29-10-2012
Passport Req..
13-07-2012
Hello Everyone.....
I am new to this forum about super visa.....
I am thinking about applying for my grand father 75 yrs old healthy not on any medications......
I just need to know if previous denied visitor visas will be an issue....I just want him to come here and visit us for a short period of time....I applied for him different occassion and he was denied may be like 4 times in last 5years and he has never been here once....
I feel so bad for him.....He has four grand children here in Canada....He is a healthy 75 year old. But they denied him everytime.....

I so want to apply for him and I will but just wondering if any senior memeber can throw some light on this for me....

Thnx

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
Hi everyone who has been successfully get the Super Visa and TRV for their parents. I have some questions wanna ask you guys.

1.Regarding the $100,000.00 medical insurance.
My mom already bought an medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company (not sure about the amount) a long time ago. We lived in Asia. If the coverage is less than CAD$ 100,000.00 means she have to buy a new one or top up again? Or she must buy a new one for Super Visa purpose?

2. Visa Office
Is there anyone apply Super Visa in Singapore Visa Office? Do you mind provide the timeline and is it they will interview the parent? I'd like to know how long my mom need to wait to get her super visa. 2 months or 3 months?

3. Apply TRV then extend it to Super Visa
Is there any one apply TRV for parents, and then extend the stay with Super Visa? Where did you submit the form? Submit to Alberta? In previous post saw someone said must submit outside of Canada, is it true? Can my mum submit it in Canada?

4. Apply TRV and extend it every 6 months.
Anyone apply TRV and extend your parents stay before visa expire? Usually how many times can extend the stay? Any limit? Is it CIC will issue back 6 months for extend as well? Saw someone in this post said CIC gave their parents 2 years instead of 6 months. Is this base on case by case?

5. Air tickets
If apply through TRV, of cause my mum must buy return tickets. But if she extend her stay can she postponed the date of departure back to home country? If successfully extend 2 years do you think the airline will let my mum postpone it?

Thanks for your help.

ruparupa

Oct 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2010
Doc's Request.
01-07-2010
AOR Received.
15-11-2010
IELTS Request
sent with other docs
File Transfer...
In Process with date & letter sent on 23rd April '12
Med's Request
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
08-12-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
Hi all, I'll apply for my mom's supervisa next week. Her visa office is Singapore. Her insurance policy is effective from 1st Jan '13 to 31st Dec '13. Does that mean she has to travel between that period even if she gets visa before that period? Would you guys please help me to understand this?

Thanks in advance
Rupa