+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Suggestion on the online TRV application for wife

pm_nc

Nov 8, 2014
Hi,
I need URGENT advice/suggestion on the online application for temporary resident visa (TRV) visa application for my wife.

I am currently working in Canada on bridging open work permit, which I obtained after applying for permanent residency (PR) under CEC as the primary applicant of my family. My wife has also obtained the open work permit along with me, she is the secondary applicant (dependent) in my PR application.

I submitted the online TRV applications for self and wife on Oct 8, 2014. My wife was aware of the whole process and she was all along with me even while filling the forms and submitting the applications online. She and I used the same CIC online account id and password, basically my account id. She has supplied my e-mail id only in her forms.
Basically, when one applies for TRV from within Canada, one can not apply for the all family members together. One has to submit separate online applications for the adult family members OR one has to post the paper applications if one have to apply for the family together. This is the online system and process limitation from CIC.
I didn't have time to submit the paper application since it takes more than 2 months and I have to travel to India in Jan-2015.

The latest status is, my TRV application got approved within a week and I got the TRV 2 weeks after sending the passport.
However, for my wife, still there is no status change or passport request information, when I see the status online.
Currently they are working on online applications submitted on Oct 10, 2014. It takes 14 days to process the online applications as per the CIC website.

This is giving me doubts that, has submitting two separate application for self and wife from the same online account causing this delay for my wife's TRV application? Is providing my e-mail id in her application causing the delay? Worst case, Could she have appointed me as her representative because she used my CIC account id and my e-mail id?

This is giving me nightmares, as if I consider the worst case and her online TRV applications gets rejected, will it impact my PR application?
I might have been doing excessive thinking, but couldn't stop myself from and writing and asking for suggestion here from experienced people.

Awaiting your replies.

Thanks.

Nov 10, 2012
Hey

I am in the exact same situation as yourself.
Did you hear back anything from CIC ottawa on your application. I received my passport request but still awaiting the passport request for my spouse.

Please update me on your progress or any suggestion from your side, please.

That will be really helpful!!

pm_nc

Nov 8, 2014
Hi,
I received the passport with Visa for my wife today. In fact, my wife had sent an e-mail using my e-mail id asking for the TRV application status and after 2 weeks we got the reply that my wife's application got approved. It was mentioned in the e-mail that even if you haven't received the passport request letter, you may attach a copy of this e-mail from CIC and send your passport along with that.

However, in between, a day before this e-mail reply came from CIC, my wife filled in the authorization form, signed it and then I posted the hard copy to CIC. But, I guess it had hardly made a difference, since the TRV visa application for my wife was already approved.

So, I sincerely recommend others not to use this TRV online visa application request facility from within Canada if you need TRV for all the members of the family. Use the paper application instead. Now one I travel to India, I will have to apply for the TRV for my kid in New-Delhi.

Secondly, still if you are using the online facility for the TRV for family from within Canada, then submit different applications using different accounts i.e. separate accounts for wife and husband for your peace of mind.

Take care.
PM_NC

canadaresident said:
Hey

I am in the exact same situation as yourself.
Did you hear back anything from CIC ottawa on your application. I received my passport request but still awaiting the passport request for my spouse.

Please update me on your progress or any suggestion from your side, please.

That will be really helpful!!

Nov 10, 2012
Hi

Thank you soo much for taking out time to reply back to your post and Thank you for sharing your insight and experince.

Last couple of days have been really stressful for me and I am sure you uderstand how hard its when you have no option but just to wait for the reponse from CPP Ottawa.

I do have a couple of follow up questions for you and I was wondering if you can help-
- Did the CPP Ottawa mention in the email that the passport request which was sent to you(Prncipal Applicant)- was meant was both you and your wife?

- Did they mention in the email you recieved from them that your wife's application was approved at the same time when yours was approved?

I sent an email to CPPOttawa on 17th November and a fax aswell last week but till now I have not recieved any response. End of this month, our flight is booked for India and I am nearing a point that I may be sending my spouse passport to Ottawa based on your experince and the suggestions recieved from an experinced member of this forum.

I totally agree with you that Online system should not be used for TRV applications with families to apply within Canada. I just dont understand why this is not made clear enough on the Canadian Immigration website.

Thanks a tonn for your reponse. Really appreciate it!

pm_nc said:
Hi,
I received the passport with Visa for my wife today. In fact, my wife had sent an e-mail using my e-mail id asking for the TRV application status and after 2 weeks we got the reply that my wife's application got approved. It was mentioned in the e-mail that even if you haven't received the passport request letter, you may attach a copy of this e-mail from CIC and send your passport along with that.

However, in between, a day before this e-mail reply came from CIC, my wife filled in the authorization form, signed it and then I posted the hard copy to CIC. But, I guess it had hardly made a difference, since the TRV visa application for my wife was already approved.

So, I sincerely recommend others not to use this TRV online visa application request facility from within Canada if you need TRV for all the members of the family. Use the paper application instead. Now one I travel to India, I will have to apply for the TRV for my kid in New-Delhi.

Secondly, still if you are using the online facility for the TRV for family from within Canada, then submit different applications using different accounts i.e. separate accounts for wife and husband for your peace of mind.

Take care.
PM_NC

pm_nc

Nov 8, 2014
Don't be stressful my friend, honestly it does not help.
Send me your contact number in a personal message and let me give you a call to answer your questions.

Nov 10, 2012
pm_nc said:
Don't be stressful my friend, honestly it does not help.
Send me your contact number in a personal message and let me give you a call to answer your questions.
Thank you for helping me..I have left my contact number in your inbox..
Hope to talk to you soon

andreprpls

Oct 9, 2016
>>> I totally agree with you that Online system should not be used for TRV applications with families to apply within Canada. I just dont understand why this is not made clear enough on the Canadian Immigration website.

Is this still true ? I am finding exactly the same problem as OP.

Would you recommend paper based or separated accounts?

Thanks

malik1987

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Hello

Now i want to apply for my wife and my kid of 2 years old from srilanka

I have a valid trv as a visitor from france

So now am i to apply for my wife amd daughter using my same account gc key .

Or am i to use a seperate new account for wife and kid to apply online?

And what is the procedure because i want to travel with my family together as a visit

Now my family in lanka and imin paris?