+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension 2024

imhasa

Sep 25, 2024
I have reached MP and they responded, *It’s still in progress and might take several months to finalize it* but my husband can work after the date he received in his letter. I have until December 4th to apply. But seen the time most of the ones in here, I won’t have enough time. Yesterday, I heard from an immigration lawyer to send web forms at least once a week to explain your situation and how the delay is affecting you. I sent the 1st one this morning. I will keep trying.
Has anyone tried it?
Have you received the correspondence letter (CL)? if yes, this reply of IRCC was before or after receiving CL?

ciano88

Dec 19, 2018
I have an extension letter till Dec 2024 from college to finish the study but I could not able to finish the placement, now college told me to finish this placement from Jan to April 2025 as part time student, I am still enrolled in college as full time student with registration in online course, now I want to know if I can extend the permit till April 2025? and how long I can work as part-time off campus.
You will need a letter from your school to show that you are enrolled for the January to April 2025 term. and I think you may need a letter from the school to state that you won't be able to complete it this semester in order to apply for the extension
Maybe you can speak with the immigration advisor at your college to give you some better insights on what can be done. but I know for sure you will need the study permit extension, especially if Coop is mandatory for you to graduate.

brankd

Star Member
Apr 28, 2020
You will need a letter from your school to show that you are enrolled for the January to April 2025 term. and I think you may need a letter from the school to state that you won't be able to complete it this semester in order to apply for the extension
Maybe you can speak with the immigration advisor at your college to give you some better insights on what can be done. but I know for sure you will need the study permit extension, especially if Coop is mandatory for you to graduate.
Yes co op is needed.
College told me that I will be part time student from Jan 25 to just finish the placement.
Am I allowed to work off campus during this time?

ciano88

Dec 19, 2018
Yes co op is needed.
College told me that I will be part time student from Jan 25 to just finish the placement.
Am I allowed to work off campus during this time?
based on what I sent you before, I doubt you will be able to work from now until December, but that is just how I understand what is written, check with the Immigration advisor at your school and also call IRCC to find out, just to be sure.

JJ_Van

Jun 12, 2024
Thank you. Now I'm stuck in a new situation. Should I apply for PGWP with spouse. She's on maintained status currently. Don't know how it will affect. Or should I apply separately, when she gets her permit approved
I am afraid that processing time is also very long if you apply for yourself and wife at the same time...
I believe that will be faster if you just apply. As far as I can see from other people's story, around 3 months is processing for individual application. Depends of for how long your extension and her work permit is valid now...so do the calculation... I think that you can apply solo, and than later for her (no matter if you get approval until then or not). Just wait for her to get this first one valid extension.

For how long did they approve now you visa?

ojabbar

Sep 27, 2024
Yes, I just checked, mine is approved. I can see the permit details but there's no approval letter.
I didn't get any email. But my spouse's application has not been approved, its still in progress.
How to check the permit details ? I received my bvl an hour back

rmalik2

Star Member
Jun 11, 2024
I am afraid that processing time is also very long if you apply for yourself and wife at the same time...
I believe that will be faster if you just apply. As far as I can see from other people's story, around 3 months is processing for individual application. Depends of for how long your extension and her work permit is valid now...so do the calculation... I think that you can apply solo, and than later for her (no matter if you get approval until then or not). Just wait for her to get this first one valid extension.

For how long did they approve now you visa?
Its been approved till Nov 30. and the same I think would be for spouse as well.
Doing some research, since her permit is not valid at the moment a new application may pose an issue on her work authorization after Nov 30. So most likely have to apply separately.

Reactions: JJ_Van

Dilpi

Aug 17, 2024
Its been approved till Nov 30. and the same I think would be for spouse as well.
Doing some research, since her permit is not valid at the moment a new application may pose an issue on her work authorization after Nov 30. So most likely have to apply separately.
[/QUOTE
yes,i think you should apply first or then as soon as she get her permit you can apply her extension along with your pgwp implied status submission

Reactions: rmalik2 and JJ_Van

Ros96

Sep 18, 2024
Yes, I just checked, mine is approved. I can see the permit details but there's no approval letter.
I didn't get any email. But my spouse's application has not been approved, its still in progress.
Congrats bro! when did you apply? I applied on May 28th SP + SOWP and still waiting! :(

ojabbar

Sep 27, 2024
My wife is a 3 rd year PhD computer science student. We applied for study permit extension on march 9 along with sowp extension.Our initial visa was only for 2 years due to passport expiry.
Today we received our correspondence letters and eligibility review started.

Can someone tell me how to check permit details on the webpage?

ciano88

Dec 19, 2018
Congrats!!! I agree. You should go ahead and apply, her permit should expire the same time as ur current SP so she will still have some time to continue working.. then you can apply for hers after.. she should get that same 180 day EXT letter to continue working..