+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension 2024

preetijayesh

Aug 31, 2024
Hi all,

I applied on April 7, my SP expired on April 30. I have applied for SP + SOWP + Coop and there has been no response yet. Is there anyone who applied at around same time and sailing in the same boat?

I have already written to the MP, but no response. IRCC calls never get through. All I get to hear is the agents are busy. What can I do? I deferred from the course in May to September and college is about to start from 3rd. :(

Orlawealth8

Jul 23, 2024
Hi all,

I applied on April 7, my SP expired on April 30. I have applied for SP + SOWP + Coop and there has been no response yet. Is there anyone who applied at around same time and sailing in the same boat?

I have already written to the MP, but no response. IRCC calls never get through. All I get to hear is the agents are busy. What can I do? I deferred from the course in May to September and college is about to start from 3rd. :(
Call ircc as early as possible in the morning around 8:30am, 9am you will get an agent. I myself I've been waiting. Hopefully this new month we get testimonies

Reactions: preetijayesh

Nestal

Aug 31, 2024
Hi all,

I tell you a trick, if the first time you call you can't reach out and then you can call again, you will be able to reach out.

Reactions: preetijayesh

Nestal

Aug 31, 2024
I applied on Feb 24th, 2024 and still waiting
Please tell us when you get approved. I also applied for study permit extension +SOWP extension + co-op WP on 17th, Mar. I did almost everything, webform and telephone to IRCC several times, also requested MP's help, still no update

Aug 19, 2024
Hey, I applied for study permit extension+ restoration of status on 17th may.
I got my biometrics validity letter yesterday on 29 august.
I heard that we get the decision soon after we get our BVL
Anyone else whose timeline is the same and is it true that i am about to get the result?
Receiving a BVL is positive or negative sign?
If anyone knows
Please let me know
I got my approval
My timeline is
File uploaded for study permit extension with restoration of status on 17th may
Approval 30 august

Reactions: rmalik2 and Nestal

dwrmdkll

Aug 27, 2024
Hi everyone,
I had applied for a study permit extension on 19 August 2024 and my current study permit expires on September 30 2024. since the application, I've recieved 2 ghost updates, the first one the day after the application (which im assuming was some automated process) and a 2nd one on 22 August, my UCI and biometrics (number, enrollment and expiry) have been added to my extension application, is this a good sign that someone is looking at my application? my review of eligibility has not started yet.
I just checked my GCKey portal and it said application/profile updated next to my application, but no new messages, when i reloaded the page, It went back to submitted.
Was this just another glitch or is my application moving forward?

Rafay888

Jun 18, 2024
Please tell us when you get approved. I also applied for study permit extension +SOWP extension + co-op WP on 17th, Mar. I did almost everything, webform and telephone to IRCC several times, also requested MP's help, still no update
I will let you guys know for sure, I am still waiting despite multiple calls to IrCC. They just tell me to wait. Application is still being processed, review of eligibility has not started.

Reactions: Nestal

Nestal

Aug 31, 2024
Anyone applied in Feb for study permit ext + spouse owp ext who hasn't received a decision yet, besides @Rafay888, please let us know.
Bother, I hope you get approved this week since you have been waiting for over 6 months. In another forum, a similar case from Jan.31 to Aug.22.

Nestal

Aug 31, 2024
I believe the delay is because we entered a crowded pathway. Due to the new policy on spousal work permits, many people applying for college rushed to submit their study permit applications together with spousal work permit applications before the new policy took effect. This led to a significant backlog of both study permit and spousal work permit applications. We made an error in judgment and should have anticipated this issue. We should have renewed the study permit first and then applied for the spousal work permit renewal. Now, it's too late to regret it.

Reactions: rmalik2 and ciano88