+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension 2024

dwrmdkll

Aug 27, 2024
Hi everyone,
I had applied for a study permit extension on 19 August 2024 and my current study permit expires on September 30 2024. since the application, I've recieved 2 ghost updates, the first one the day after the application (which im assuming was some automated process) and a 2nd one on 22 August, my UCI and biometrics (number, enrollment and expiry) have been added to my extension application, is this a good sign that someone is looking at my application? my review of eligibility has not started yet.

rmalik2

Star Member
Jun 11, 2024
Hi everyone,
I had applied for a study permit extension on 19 August 2024 and my current study permit expires on September 30 2024. since the application, I've recieved 2 ghost updates, the first one the day after the application (which im assuming was some automated process) and a 2nd one on 22 August, my UCI and biometrics (number, enrollment and expiry) have been added to my extension application, is this a good sign that someone is looking at my application? my review of eligibility has not started yet.
Nope

rmalik2

Star Member
Jun 11, 2024
Th
Hi everyone,
This is standard, common to every application that is filed.

Akashk

Aug 28, 2024
Th

This is standard, common to every application that is filed.
Hey, I am under same situation, applied for study visa extension with SOWP extension on 21st March and there is no update till then, They are processing background check from then , did all the possible way like raised a web form, followed up with local MP but no updates. I have completed my studies on 23rd Aug and waiting for the extension (study) to apply for pgwp. I am on maintained status from 30th April when my study permit expired. Now i think sometime that i would have applied in Jan.

rmalik2

Star Member
Jun 11, 2024
Hey, I am under same situation, applied for study visa extension with SOWP extension on 21st March and there is no update till then, They are processing background check from then , did all the possible way like raised a web form, followed up with local MP but no updates. I have completed my studies on 23rd Aug and waiting for the extension (study) to apply for pgwp. I am on maintained status from 30th April when my study permit expired. Now i think sometime that i would have applied in Jan.
Yupp same situation.
I also feel if we had filed separately for each of our application it would be so better. Mistake