+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension 2024

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
For those who are waiting for long time.
Did you apply online or paper?
Also did you use the new portal or the old one

rmalik2

Star Member
Jun 11, 2024
Hi, I applied on March 22nd with SOWP and for kid, still waiting. I called them, submitted the form and still unfortunately nothing. Did you get any update?
Nothing. Its dead silent on the portal since I filed the application, on Mar 8

Reactions: JJ_Van

Dilpi

Aug 17, 2024
Applied for study permit extension and sowp-23 march,2024
no update yet
study permit expired on -30 april
yesterday received gardes and completion letter
now i am worried what to do-wait or just apply for pgwp but i will not be able to work untill decision is made and pgwp processing is also 3 months may be

Aug 19, 2024
Hey,
I applied for study permit extension in april and got refused as I forgot to transmit my transcript, so the refusal letter claimed that my transcripts are missing on 13th may but I reapplied on 17th may for study permit extension + restoration of status as my visa expired on 30th april.
Since then, I have no result.
my new course is about to start in September but I have raised webform , called ircc several times.
What should I do?
Please help me with your suggestions

Aug 19, 2024
Hey,
I applied for study permit extension in april and got refused as I forgot to transmit my transcript, so the refusal letter claimed that my transcripts are missing on 13th may but I reapplied on 17th may for study permit extension + restoration of status as my visa expired on 30th april.
my new course is about to start in September but I have raised webform , called ircc several times.
What should I do?

rmalik2

Star Member
Jun 11, 2024
Thanks for raising this. My suggestions at this point of time is that you can’t really do anything besides the following:
1. Confirm your details, since there was a a mistake in the past.
2. Reach out to your local MP to enquire about the current application status. Search on google about local MP, THEIR EMAIL ID, sent request to enquire and follow instructions
3. And prey, that it comes timely

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey,
What should I do?
You had to restore status and apply for a new study permit so within normal processing times of 3-5 months. Nothing much you can do as you cannot study (or work). If you have not heard by September then talk to school about taking a scheduled leave. Raise a webform with IRCC with the approved leave. You can try contacting a MP to see if they can find out the status of your file but you are within processing times.

Assume you included proof of funds plus tuition.

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Hey,
What should I do?

My sister application got APPROVED today.

I applied for her on May 10.

I did not upload any transcript in the study permit extension application, I only used the acceptance letter + she had 8k CAD overdue in her account (late fees).

Hope that answers some questions but you should not risk it, maybe I was lucky with her application.

GL everyone.