+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension 2024

Aug 19, 2024
My sister application got APPROVED today.

I applied for her on May 10.

I did not upload any transcript in the study permit extension application, I only used the acceptance letter + she had 8k CAD overdue in her account (late fees).

Hope that answers some questions but you should not risk it, maybe I was lucky with her application.

GL everyone.
Glad to hear that
I hope I will hear soon.
But I gave them my receipts of fee deposit of 1st semester which is around 10k CAD but I don’t have much extra money in my account apart from the fees.
Is it necessary to show too much money? Apart from fee

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Glad to hear that
I hope I will hear soon.
But I gave them my receipts of fee deposit of 1st semester which is around 10k CAD but I don’t have much extra money in my account apart from the fees.
Is it necessary to show too much money? Apart from fee
I did not show any bank account or statement.
I attach my last 6 months payslips and mention that I'll take care of her financially as her brother. (They accept a letter from the person who will be financially responsible).

I think the direction of the financial proof is straight forward.

Aug 19, 2024
I did not show any bank account or statement.
I attach my last 6 months payslips and mention that I'll take care of her financially as her brother. (They accept a letter from the person who will be financially responsible).

I think the direction of the financial proof is straight forward.
Oky
Thank you for giving the information

Orlawealth8

Jul 23, 2024
I recieved this message from local mp.
Can anyone tell me whats a non routine please?
Hello,

After making inquiries with my colleagues at IRCC via our MP Line regarding your study permit application, I was advised it is still being processed by the responsible office and the criminality checks are complete and the eligibility checks are still in progress.

In this case, it appears as though the officer has deemed your file the file “non-routine” which means it does not follow the normal processing timelines. To this end, the responsible office also responded on 19 July 2024 to the inquiry the General Inquiries Line at IRCC sent regarding your file advising that your file will take longer to process as a result of this additional required review.

While I understand this is frustrating, this is at the officer`s discretion and therefore is completely out of our control.

I would therefore invite you to remain patient as IRCC continues to review the file and rest assured the responsible office will reach out to you directly (or your representatives accordingly) should they need any further information to process the file.

Aug 19, 2024
Hello,

After making inquiries with my colleagues at IRCC via our MP Line regarding your study permit application, I was advised it is still being processed by the responsible office and the criminality checks are complete and the eligibility checks are still in progress.

In this case, it appears as though the officer has deemed your file the file “non-routine” which means it does not follow the normal processing timelines. To this end, the responsible office also responded on 19 July 2024 to the inquiry the General Inquiries Line at IRCC sent regarding your file advising that your file will take longer to process as a result of this additional required review.

While I understand this is frustrating, this is at the officer`s discretion and therefore is completely out of our control.

I would therefore invite you to remain patient as IRCC continues to review the file and rest assured the responsible office will reach out to you directly (or your representatives accordingly) should they need any further information to process the file.
When did you applied?
Did you applied for study permit extension only?

rmalik2

Star Member
Jun 11, 2024
Hello,

Did they ask for additional documents or you provide them. Since it says additional required review.

Georgita

Star Member
Jul 13, 2022
Hi, I applied on March 22nd with SOWP and for kid, still waiting. I called them, submitted the form and still unfortunately nothing. Did you get any update?
Hi, I applied on March 14th, also with SOWP and SP for kids, I called them several times, raised a ticket, and wrote via webmail, but still nothing, Dead Silence.

rmalik2

Star Member
Jun 11, 2024
Hi, I applied on March 14th, also with SOWP and SP for kids, I called them several times, raised a ticket, and wrote via webmail, but still nothing, Dead Silence.
I applied for study permit extension on March 8 with SOWP extension. It's silent for me as well.

Simarjot01

Aug 22, 2024
Hi,
I have applied Study Permit Extension only on 18 june 2024 and biometric and medical updated but after that no updates yet. Its been 66 days.