+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension 2024

rmalik2

Star Member
Jun 11, 2024
I believe the delay is because we entered a crowded pathway. Due to the new policy on spousal work permits, many people applying for college rushed to submit their study permit applications together with spousal work permit applications before the new policy took effect. This led to a significant backlog of both study permit and spousal work permit applications. We made an error in judgment and should have anticipated this issue. We should have renewed the study permit first and then applied for the spousal work permit renewal. Now, it's too late to regret it.
Yeah, I think that would have taken lesser time than combined as well. Just saw one got approved for Feb 27.

Bibhian

Sep 3, 2024
I applied May 11 for study permit ext + spouse pep + TRV for two children. My study permit expired July 30. I already finished my program. I have a full time job offer (about to lose it ) I am working part time while eating for Letter of Completion from college. I looked for MP’s help last week. After reading your posts and the dates you applied, I feel hopeless to receive my approval anytime soon. Anyway I wish all of us the best. I’ll keep you posted.
Time line
Applied May 7
Ghost email May 11
No more updates: background check in process & eligibility not started

Orlawealth8

Jul 23, 2024
I applied May 11 for study permit ext + spouse pep + TRV for two children. My study permit expired July 30. I already finished my program. I have a full time job offer (about to lose it ) I am working part time while eating for Letter of Completion from college. I looked for MP’s help last week. After reading your posts and the dates you applied, I feel hopeless to receive my approval anytime soon. Anyway I wish all of us the best. I’ll keep you posted.
Time line
Applied May 7
Ghost email May 11
Me
Applied June 8
Biometrics UCI updated June 11
Background check completed according to mp but portal still shows in progress
Eligibility started but it's been weeks.

Hoping to get responds this month

Reactions: Bibhian

Orlawealth8

Jul 23, 2024
Time line
Applied May 7
Ghost email May 11
Did you applied alone?
Yes I did

rmalik2

Star Member
Jun 11, 2024
Time line
Applied May 7
Ghost email May 11
Who knows, sometimes they jump the line. Else its 1.5 months left.

Reactions: Bibhian

JJ_Van

Jun 12, 2024
Any update - approval, for those who applied late February or early March together with SOWP, and kids visa?

JJ_Van

Jun 12, 2024
Does anyone of you know about Canada child benefit for the period in implied status? I know it is not the topic, but I couldn't find right information anywhere. Are we eligible to receive retroactively for those months in implied status once we get new visa?

kitsunerice

Sep 4, 2024
Hi everyone, I submitted my application for student permit extension on May 31, 2024.

My student permit expired on July 29, 2024

- received confirmation of online application transmission on May 31, 2024
- received submission comfirmation on May 31, 2024
- Review of eligibility has not started (due to application being in process)
- I do not need to submit any biometrics
- haven't heard back from anyone or received any new updates.

preetijayesh

Aug 31, 2024
I believe the delay is because we entered a crowded pathway. Due to the new policy on spousal work permits, many people applying for college rushed to submit their study permit applications together with spousal work permit applications before the new policy took effect. This led to a significant backlog of both study permit and spousal work permit applications. We made an error in judgment and should have anticipated this issue. We should have renewed the study permit first and then applied for the spousal work permit renewal. Now, it's too late to regret it.
But I had to extend it before my study permit would have expired. And if I would not have applied for SOWP at the same time then, I was afraid that my spouse would have to go back. Hence, applied both together. I am so worried with no response from anywhere :(