+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension 2024

samo1

Sep 11, 2024
Hey, I applied for my study permit extension on July 5th and it's been 68 days now. I received my transcripts on June 20th and it's about to be 90 days now. What should I do? I don't know tbh. While applying for my study permit extension I gave a notarised copy of my passport but will that cause any issues? Please let me know what I must be doing if I'm waiting even after the study permit expiry date.

rmalik2

Star Member
Jun 11, 2024
Hey, I applied for my study permit extension on July 5th and it's been 68 days now. I received my transcripts on June 20th and it's about to be 90 days now. What should I do? I don't know tbh. While applying for my study permit extension I gave a notarised copy of my passport but will that cause any issues? Please let me know what I must be doing if I'm waiting even after the study permit expiry date.
Why did you apply for an extension when you already got the transcripts? for another course?

rmalik2

Star Member
Jun 11, 2024
I see, not really sure. The current processing time is 96 days. You may have to apply for visitor visa after 90 days in order to remain in Canada and I'm not sure if you would be able to study for second course at the moment. Better to consult with lawyer/immigration consultant.

samo1

Sep 11, 2024
I see, not really sure. The current processing time is 96 days. You may have to apply for visitor visa after 90 days in order to remain in Canada and I'm not sure if you would be able to study for second course at the moment. Better to consult with lawyer/immigration consultant.
But I applied for my extension and I'm waiting now. Should I apply for restoration before a decision is being made?

Dilpi

Aug 17, 2024
I also applied for sp+owp on 23 march,received completion letter of study-15aug,study permit expired on 30 april.but i am still waiting for result as i want to apply for pgwp as soon as possible.but i think if we already aplied for extension we don’t need to pay restoration fee.

samo1

Sep 11, 2024
I also applied for sp+owp on 23 march,received completion letter of study-15aug,study permit expired on 30 april.but i am still waiting for result as i want to apply for pgwp as soon as possible.but i think if we already aplied for extension we don’t need to pay restoration fee.
I see, that's really long tbh why are they doing it hmmm

rmalik2

Star Member
Jun 11, 2024
I think our case is a bit different than his. He is enrolling into another program rather than applying for pgwp. In such cases would it be counted as a scheduled break and maintained status would be continued even after the grades get out, I doubt. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/extend-study-permit/expired-permit.html