+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension 2024

Ocram

May 6, 2024
Actually mine was Study Permit Extension because I am a PhD student but got visa for only 6 months. My husband is on spouse work permit and he got extension till this July after applying for extension.
Our timeline
applied on 4th January.
Biometric validity 21 May
Approval 22 May
My study permit is valid now till 1/12/2027
Let us know when you get your permits.
Thanks!

1779x

May 30, 2024
Category........
STUDY
Applied: May 23
Application Submitted Email: May 23
Ghost Update Email: May 24

No update ever since.

Also, I cannot see my UCI and biometrics information in my account. Is that normal?

Mitya

Feb 26, 2022
Applied: May 23
Application Submitted Email: May 23
Ghost Update Email: May 24

No update ever since.

Also, I cannot see my UCI and biometrics information in my account. Is that normal?
When they open your file again, they will update it. Applied on 16th

charan1303

Aug 14, 2020
Hi, anyone who got their study permit extension approved, did anyone apply to renew their TRV as well? If yes, how long did the TRV application take? Because, both my TRV and Study Permit expire, I applied to extend my study permit, after it gets approved, I need to apply to renew my TRV as well.

rmalik2

Jun 11, 2024
Hi there, would encourage everyone who applied for study permit extension with spouse open work permit extension to share their timeline if you are awaiting approval or have applied it this year. My study permit will expire by July end and studies will end by August end.
My timeline: Applied on Mar 8, 2024 still awaiting approval, haven't gone into review. Just few initial updates when you lodge your file on portal.
I have seen that it usually takes around 120 days to get approval in such cases, let me know your thoughts.

rmalik2

Jun 11, 2024
i called ircc...my spouse is allowed to work passed may also.
Hi Prabas, just curious when your studies got completed in May and your permit got expired, you'll be on maintained status, even then your spouse could work after May.

And if you apply for PGWP on maintained status, you won't be able to work until you receive your PGWP, correct me if I am wrong. In such case, should you wait until you get the study permit extension then apply for PGWP

rmalik2

Jun 11, 2024
I have applied for a study permit extension with spousal open work permit extension on 23rd jan our permits were suppose to exipre on 30th of April my husband received the initial work permit stating that he can work under same condition till july 2024 on 27th jan. Our biometrics are also updated. I am not sure whats taking so long to process the application any views what should i do?
Hi Batul, Did you get any update, if yes, could you share your timeline?

AravSri

Jun 11, 2024
I was hoping someone could help with my case as it's causing me quite a bit of distress!

I have been studying at the University of Toronto since fall 2022 and have completed my 2nd year. At the time of my initial application before I came to Canada for the first time, my passport was expiring in May 2024, as a result my visa was also expiring in mid-May. Hence, in January this year I started the renewal process.

I applied for the study permit renewal in order to apply for the student TRV visa renewal. I have already received the document number of the renewed study permit in mid-Feb however even after 6 weeks I had still not received the physical document while I was in Canada and eventually in mid-April (2 weeks before I was scheduled to fly home to Bangkok) IRCC said there were issues with the delivery of the permit to my address and that they’d begin the resending process once I update my address.

I was getting no updates about the status of my study permit delivery, it was now mid-May, I was getting very delayed and applied for visa renewal anyway using a letter I got from IRCC stating my new Study Permit document number and its expiry date instead of using the actual permit.

I just visited the Bangkok VAC for the second time this week after submitting many WebForms and emails but getting no replies. I've been trying to reach an agent I can talk to in order to resolve this issue since mid-April (2 months!) to no avail, I'm growing worried as I must return to Canada very soon to commence my 3rd year of studies. I began this process well ahead of time but nothing is being done, I’m just being told to submit emails, forms, and to wait. How do I know if redelivery is being done. How do I even request them to redeliver my permit to my updated address. How do I request IRCC to expedite my visa renewal on an emergency basis? If I don't make it in time, I risk having to defer my studies for a year and losing a $100,000 scholarship. Please please help.

AravSri

Jun 11, 2024
(All dates in DD/MM/YYYY format)

22/01/2024: Study Permit Renewal Application Submitted

16/02/2024: Study Permit Approved and Document Number Issued with Expiry Date Provided

15/04/2024: Study Permit returned as undeliverable by Canada Post to the Case Processing Centre

30/04/2024: Flew back home to Thailand

Now: Been waiting for the past 2 months trying to get IRCC to redeliver my permit to my Canadian address so that my friend can send me a scan of it in order for me to update my visa renewal application. I'm a Math Major who has completed 2 years at UofT and am supposed to return to UofT in early September. Very very stressed at the moment.

Athige Silva

Feb 3, 2024
Hi Guys!

I need help with my situation. I was supposed to finish my studies by Dec 2023. But I had to do another semester as I failed one subject. I applied for the study permit extension on Feb 19th 2024. I completed my studies on April 30th. I have my graduation on the 17th of June which is this coming Monday. But I have not received any update so far. I want to apply for PGWP as well.

Anyone with a similar situation here?