+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Colombia 2020?

MarieCol

May 4, 2021
It depends on you university/college! Mine lets me start online and since I have applied for my study permit before my course starts, any time spent studying outside of Canada without study permit approval, still counts for PGWP.
Are you sure about that? There was a webinar from my school today and they said online studies only count when the SP is already approved. So if you start the classes without it the time spent studying won't count towards PGWP.
It's super confusing...

jmiller9

Aug 21, 2021
From my understanding all online studies until 31 Dec. this year will count towards PGWP but with an approved SP by then...

laroly_rola

Star Member
Aug 24, 2021
Passport Req..
August 30th 2021
Are you sure about that? There was a webinar from my school today and they said online studies only count when the SP is already approved. So if you start the classes without it the time spent studying won't count towards PGWP.
It's super confusing...
From what I understand there, even if you haven’t been approved, your time studying outside without permit counts towards your PGWP.
https://www.georgebrown.ca/covid-19/applicant-faqs#withdrawal-spring21
And my college’s page states the same. But I will ask them properly and get back to you!