+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Colombia 2020?

MariaB91

Aug 14, 2020
Has anyone applied for study permit from Colombia? I wan to know about the processing times and VACs I am about to apply for a graduate diploma on January 2021.

Reactions: Fu Va

Fu Va

Jun 23, 2020
Hi there, I'm planning on applying at the end of August from Colombia. Normal processing time would be a Max of 8 weeks, but now they extended it up to 10-11 weeks, Vacs are closed since March I believe, and they don't have any update about it. It's a matter of time...

Last edited:

MariaB91

Aug 14, 2020
Hi there, I'm planning on applying at the end of August from Colombia. When did you apply? And what are your plans?
I am still waiting for my letter of acceptance... I hope to submit the request for the Study Permit y mid september.. I am worried about the processing times, in Canada's website states that they are taking 11 weeks. But I really wish to get to my intake in January 2021.

Fu Va

Jun 23, 2020
I hope the same, we have 4 months... Fingers crossed! I'm going to Mohawk College, Hamilton, ON
You?

MariaB91

Aug 14, 2020
I hope the same, we have 4 months... Fingers crossed! I'm going to Mohawk College, Hamilton, ON
You?
I applied to Conestoga in Kitchener, I almost applied to Mohawk as a second choice but I am very positive that I will get my approval... I will let you know if everthing turns out OK!

Fu Va

Jun 23, 2020
Yes, everything will be okay. Let me know if you have questions or if you know something new.

MarieCol

May 4, 2021
Hey guys, I hope you've made to Canada already. How long did it take for you to get your study permit done last year? Thank you in advance.

jmiller9

Aug 21, 2021
Hi MarieCol. Guess you want to know how long VO in Colombia process SP. Im in the same boat. Did you apply for SP this year and yet to receive.

laroly_rola

Star Member
Aug 24, 2021
Passport Req..
August 30th 2021
Hi everyone! Same here, completed biometrics in Bogotá on june 3rd and haven’t heard anything... hopefully this week we hear something from IRCC!!

MarieCol

May 4, 2021
It's so weird, I was told it was not possible to do biometrics in Bogota and had to travel to Medellin. Well, hopefully it was all worth it...

laroly_rola

Star Member
Aug 24, 2021
Passport Req..
August 30th 2021
I almost travelled to Medellin or Cali to do biometrics but just before I booked a flight, all spots opened up to get them done in Bogotá in June since the Bogotá office re-opened on may 28th. Good luck to everyone! I'll keep you all updated if I have any news.

jmiller9

Aug 21, 2021
Great. I applied since April and after medical request in July no new update. I plan to start my fall term online and wait for any posibilties

laroly_rola

Star Member
Aug 24, 2021
Passport Req..
August 30th 2021
I was just notified that someone who applied on May 13 and got Biometrics done on May 19 got approved today, hopefully things keep moving forward and we get our answers soon!

Reactions: MarieCol