+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Nwenenda

Jun 8, 2024
Based on your last response, I feel you can go ahead. But your mum's business not being registered with CAC, it will be difficult to show a verifiable proof of her income. Does she have like invoices or receipts from her clients, she needs to show that the funds are really generated from genuine business transactions.

I wish you all the best.

Cheers.

Omofar.

Nwenenda

Jun 8, 2024
Thank you Omofar your kind gesture to help the us. Please this is my issues now and i need advice.

I have successfully extended my study permit, and now I need to apply for study permit extensions for my two children. How do I start this process?
1. Should I use my GCKey account to apply for my kids' study permits extension ?
2. If I use my username and password, do I need to put my name under eligibility and add my children later, or can I use the eldest child's information first, and then later add my second child where the question asks if I have another family member to add?
3. Do I need to obtain a letter of acceptance from their school?

blefa

Jun 28, 2024
Hello,
My Name is favour. I'm already in Canada on a study permit. And I'm trying to extend my study permit but my application for extending my study permit is refusing to attach to my application could you please lead me on that.

Jane Omachi

Jun 29, 2024
Hello Omofar,
I appreciate what u are doing here and information are very vital. Based on study permit denial, I was just denied for the second time on the bases on proof of fund. I had on my personal account 10m then an investment certificate of 30m. I have paid for my first semester tuition with my blood brother card. Am in my last 30’s and married. My study will be by 3rd of September this year.

Is there still chances for me if I should apply again and what can I do next?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Omofar,
I appreciate what u are doing here and information are very vital. Based on study permit denial, I was just denied for the second time on the bases on proof of fund. I had on my personal account 10m then an investment certificate of 30m. I have paid for my first semester tuition with my blood brother card. Am in my last 30’s and married. My study will be by 3rd of September this year.

Is there still chances for me if I should apply again and what can I do next?
You need to pay first year tuition and show for one person $21k in cash. Is investment certificate cash?

Jane Omachi

Jun 29, 2024
Investment certificate said the money deposit will be liquidated into my personal account upon maturity date.

Also how else can one explain the purpose of traveling apart from detailed SOP, tuition fee, admission letter and provincial attestation letter

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Investment certificate said the money deposit will be liquidated into my personal account upon maturity date.

Also how else can one explain the purpose of traveling apart from detailed SOP, tuition fee, admission letter and provincial attestation letter
Certificate must have maturity date before school starts. You were refused for proof of funds. Do you have enough?

Jane Omachi

Jun 29, 2024
I have 10m in my personal account more than seven to eight months now and the account is active. I mean in and out flow of cash, and have already paid my first semester tuition fee of $8443 CAD. I also have a landed property as an asset.

Isn’t that enough, and if otherwise, how much do u think will be enough

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have 10m in my personal account more than seven to eight months now and the account is active. I mean in and out flow of cash, and have already paid my first semester tuition fee of $8443 CAD. I also have a landed property as an asset.

Isn’t that enough, and if otherwise, how much do u think will be enough
Landed property is not cash.
How much is 10m? Is that around $8 Cdn? If so you need to show $21,000k minimum and then another $8443. This is for one person. Are you taking a Masters or post grad program? If Masters then are you bringing family.

Jane Omachi

Jun 29, 2024
Thanks so much Omafor for the clarifications

I requested for GCSM note during my first denial, where I have three reasons for the denial. Then my Second application was also denied based on one reason ( proof of fund).

My question is should I still request for the GCSM NOTE again for the two application?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks so much Omafor for the clarifications

I requested for GCSM note during my first denial, where I have three reasons for the denial. Then my Second application was also denied based on one reason ( proof of fund).

My question is should I still request for the GCSM NOTE again for the two application?
Not omafor. If you have GCMS from first refusal then don’t need those notes again. You were refused for funds so you have the funds or you don’t. What is the Canadian currency equivalency to your current funds?