+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

stlguy

Star Member
Oct 21, 2008
In addition to the standard employment letter stating everything they mentioned in the invitation letter, i also sent a copy of my latest pay stub.

jpadz

Star Member
Oct 19, 2008
Thanks muhammad for the update.
So, it looks like the last file number given is xxx-xxx-0289?
If your file numbers end with 0290 or above, please update us.
Thanks!

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
1. Job title has nothing to do with pre-assessment approval. Your title may not reflect the skills you apply on the job and your true potential contribution to the Alberta labor market.

2. There may not be a quota per NOC but trust me there MUST be some level of preferences given to skills that are very rare to find in Albertans. Note that the application pool also affect % of approvals for an NOC. Best case they will "delay" the approval of some cases in certain overapplied NOC simply to even things out.

findude32

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
I understand your frustration about the eligibility. My point of understanding is that Canadian Immigration really want ppl to come and live in canada to build their economy which has been idle for so long despite all the resources. That is why in spite given all the other province who are providing nomination to skilled or some other driven stream program such as family, Alberta is the first one to come up for the ppl who has H1 and one year experience to come and settle in AB.
Until now it has been seen that ppl apply for Canadian Immigration and get PR and come back to US whatever reason. Canadain officals know they can't do anything about it so i think AB took more initiative and provide ease comfort and very leniency for those who just started working in usa and wants more security and freedom for their families asap.
For your answer to your curiousity u mentioned, Yes If I were a Immigration officer, I would give preference for those who has only one year expereince b/c I know he/she would come and try to make his/her living here.
If I were you, I would call AB and find out if a US PR holder can apply or not.
All I can say good luck to you!!!

Ace7 said:
It doesn't make much sense to me that someone who has worked in the US for just a year is somehow more desirable to Alberta and it is easier for them to move there (i.e. no job offer required), than someone who has lived in the US for say 10 years and now has a green card.

Pependri

Nov 6, 2008
My timeline is as follows :

Initial application sent : Sept 15th '08
Invitation received : 16th Sept '08
Documents Sent : 24th Oct '08
File No. : XXXX-XX-0277

jpadz

Star Member
Oct 19, 2008
Pependri, thanks for updating us.
Is the invitation you're referring here is the one which they sent via email?

Pependri

Nov 6, 2008
Ooops.....that was mistyped. Below are the updated details.

My timeline is as follows :

Initial application sent : Sept 15th '08
Invitation received : 16th Oct '08
Documents Sent : 24th Oct '08
File No. : XXXX-XX-0277

C

cchabert

Pependri when do you receive your file number? You sent the document on Oct 24

findude32

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
My friend called Gingie yesterday;seeking inquiry to send some missing documents which he couldn't able to send at first place and he told gingie that it has been 2 week. I haven't recieved my file no. Gingie apologized saying there is a backlog and provided his file no. saying there is no harm to send missing documents that will not affect your case.
In short, people who are waiting for their file no. should/can email and ask for the file/reference no. [whatever AB pnp calls it] if it's over 2 weeks or so.
I will also shoot an email if I haven't received this week. [Doc Arrived AB. Nov 7th]
Have a Bless day!!!
cchabert said:
Pependri when do you receive your file number? You sent the documet on Oct 24

razbeen

Nov 18, 2008
hi
i am a lil down the line from you..........my file # is 0192........

just an update, i called the AINP hotline # yesterday and was informed that files which were initially registered on 22nd august,2008 were processed on 5th november,2008........ also as my file was recieved on the 24th of september, it shall be processed around the first week of december due to backlog........hope this info helps!

C

cchabert

Well razbeen you're in the range that the letter of invitation said, or at least mine, 60 to 90 days. BTW they receive my papers today (Fedex)

seljem

Star Member
Aug 15, 2008
Thanks to everyone sharing the info so far.

Here is my timeline :

Pre-Assessment Application Sent - Sep 27, 2008

Email Confirmation Received - Oct 1, 2008

APINP Invitation Pkg Received - Nov 3, 2008

Sent APINP Application - Nov 15, 2008

Tracked thr FedEx online (Delivered) - Nov 18, 2008

razbeen

Nov 18, 2008
hi cchabert,
my letter gave timeline of 40-60 days......and if u fed-exed your docs 2day, u shld get ur confirmation by next week.......all the best.....keep us posted!

Sydney08

Sep 22, 2008
Hi everyone,

Me and my family are on the process of filling an application for Canada PNP, however, I think that is keeping us not to submit is the IELTS although, me and my husband work in a call center that caters American and British account. Question, will you still advice us to include IELTS on the application?

Sydney08