Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Done:July 26 2010,Delivered:Aug 4 2010
I think they have slowed down a bit now.They should process the applications of people who applied through pre-assessment stage.

mango.lassee

Star Member
Dec 28, 2008
This info maybe useful for some folks (not related to AINP, but for H1B).

Senate approves 'strict' rules on hiring H-1B workers

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyName=knowledge_center&articleId=9127552&taxonomyId=1&intsrc=kc_top

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
mango.lassee said:

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyName=knowledge_center&articleId=9127552&taxonomyId=1&intsrc=kc_top
Very disappointing!!!!

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
ALBERTAGOVERNER,

In your opinion, what is the time line I should be looking at to receive the Nomination certificate from Alberta.
My complete package with the invitation letter was received by Edmonton office on January 22nd. I'm not an IT person, but Mechanical Engineer (I'm not sure if that matters). I have not received any file # or confirmation email.

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
I don't think it's a matter of slowing down, but a matter of more number of applications. We all should realize that this program has become more popular now and many of us have applied, especially in the past 5 months.

All timelines that are available on this thread for folks who applied in Oct/Nov or earlier timeframe *Does not* apply to all of us who applied in December 2008 and later. This is because of the change in the way AINP is now accepting applications (no pre-assessment). Some of the eval done in assessment is now done after we send in the applications.

There are other factors too, but given the above two major factors, we should expect a longer time to receive file number and response from AINP. The best way to help ourselves, AINP, and the folks who'd apply after us is to avoid asking AINP unwarranted questions over the phone or by email. Please curb and avoid the general tendency to ask AINP question like "I applied to you about 4 weeks ago, and haven't heard back, so what is the status?".

Thanks, and best of luck!

engg said:
I think they have slowed down a bit now.They should process the applications of people who applied through pre-assessment stage.

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
divagirl said:
mango.lassee said:

Very disappointing!!!!

Associated Press investigative report on H-1B hiring by Banks proved false
http://www.nfap.com/pdf/090205policybrief.pdf

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
I wanted to know the time line these days to receive file number for applicants who applied in the month of January with prea-assess. approved.

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Seeing the trend previously it was taking 2 week of time to get a file number.

alberta1978

Star Member
Jan 21, 2009
albertaorbust said:
ALBERTAGOVERNER,

In your opinion, what is the time line I should be looking at to receive the Nomination certificate from Alberta.
My complete package with the invitation letter was received by Edmonton office on January 22nd. I'm not an IT person, but Mechanical Engineer (I'm not sure if that matters). I have not received any file # or confirmation email.
Wait at least till Mar 22nd before calling or emailing them.

alberta1978

Star Member
Jan 21, 2009
darren1981 said:
Hi,
I have applied on 9th of Jan and they got the package on the 14th of Jan, 09. Then I send them an e mail, and this is what they said. .

It is taking upto 2 months for them to send an e mail that contains your file number. So you guys have to wait for atleast 2 months before you get an e mail from them notifying you if they have generated a file number (Thats is everything is fine with your forms and additional supporting documents).

On the date you get the file number it will take another 2-3 months for them to give an approval or otherwise. So its a 5 months process at max from the date they get your package.

It is still faster than waiting for a US green card. and believe me it is worth it when you land in Canada , I say this from experience as I have lived there for almost 5 years.
Thanks. Your post is really helpful

A

Albertagoverner

alberta1978 said:
albertaorbust said:
ALBERTAGOVERNER,

Wait at least till Mar 22nd before calling or emailing them.
Consider atleast 45-50 days to recieve email containing file number and add further 75-80 days to recieve PNP certificate, if everything goes well.

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Well it goes everywhere that early bird gets the worm first.So kind of applies here as well.I'm not sure if they are processing packets with approved pre-assessments first or they have mixed them with the new process i.e.,without pre-assessments.

I had pasted a green sticker on the envelope that came with pre-assessment approval and kit.It will be exact 2 weeks for me on 10th Feb since they have received my package.

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
Does any body know if Alberta PNP office is giving priority to packets with invitation letters before ( since they had sent their pre-assessment at least 4 weeks earlier) the regular packets which are not pre-assessed?