+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
Albertagoverner said:
alberta1978 said:
albertaorbust said:
ALBERTAGOVERNER,

In your opinion, what is the time line I should be looking at to receive the Nomination certificate from Alberta.
My complete package with the invitation letter was received by Edmonton office on January 22nd. I'm not an IT person, but Mechanical Engineer (I'm not sure if that matters). I have not received any file # or confirmation email.
Wait at least till Mar 22nd before calling or emailing them.
Consider atleast 45-50 days to recieve email containing file number and add further 75-80 days to recieve PNP certificate, if everything goes well.
thank you

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Done:July 26 2010,Delivered:Aug 4 2010
If they want to save thier time they should process applications with invit letters first otherwise thier effort and time in sending invites would be wasted away.Doesn't make sense for me to put everyone under same umbrella.

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
@albertaorbust

Did you paste that green sticker on envelope to notify that you have been pre assessed ??

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
I mean if they don't process applications with invite letters first and put them in same queue thats waste of time and effort for applicant and themselves as well.

Since pre-assessed applications have already been scrutinized for most of details.Doesn't make sense to process them all over again like a fresh application.

It is the volume of applications that they must had been getting because of worsening economy in US that I can think of as a reason for delays.

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
I think people are not sharing their experiences these days on the forum these days.

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
@albertaorbust

Since you applied on 22nd Jan ....5th Feb makes exact 2 weeks.Don't know what is going on...

In month of nov and dec people were getting the file number in 1 week.
and later on in dec and earlier jan....I saw few guys who got the file number in 2 weeks....may be now it is 3 - 4 weeks.

A

Albertagoverner

engg said:
@albertaorbust

Since you applied on 22nd Jan ....5th Feb makes exact 2 weeks.Don't know what is going on...

In month of nov and dec people were getting the file number in 1 week.
and later on in dec and earlier jan....I saw few guys who got the file number in 2 weeks....may be now it is 3 - 4 weeks.
The process is going on with its own speed. If You sent application packet on 22nd January then Please allow atleast 45-50 Days to send you an email containing file number After getting file number: Please allow atleast 75-80 Days to send you the PNP Certificate, If everything goes well. These two underlined sentences are Murphy's Law and People who applied in January should remember that well. The guy who got the file number within two weeks that might be just a exception.

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
@governer

what you are saying is a standard reply .....sometimes they just say that to keep people relaxed.

A

Albertagoverner

divagirl said:
mango.lassee said:
This info maybe useful for some folks (not related to AINP, but for H1B).

Senate approves 'strict' rules on hiring H-1B workers

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyName=knowledge_center&articleId=9127552&taxonomyId=1&intsrc=kc_top
Very disappointing!!!!

I think those Bacon Party days are over for H1B after this kind of senate agreements. and recently USCIS have also started a new trend that everytime you apply for H1B transfer they will send you RFE for no reason. Because thier objective is to not get you H1B petition approved. Event which really freaks me out when my friend got RFE because the Photostate copies were not clear!! so they can see Date of Birth in Pasport page.

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
I think by doing all this they are doing more destruction for thier country....speaking & writing english doesn't make someone to get advanced tech skills.................even to do IT you need to be good at analysing things atleast...it is not like an english speaking farmer can learn programming and start working professionaly ...

If they keep doing stuff like this....already they going down in economy...those days will be gone..when nobody would want to come here...India itself is doing great...

There are many other good places for people who love green pastures like australia ,new zeland ,europe etc....I see a dark road ahead for themselves..

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
I mean stopping bad elements in to the country is ok but not letting come in good scientists and engineers into the country is mere foolishness.....just because of the your a mule cannot compete to horse ....you cannot let horse from running......a horse will be able to run if not in america then in India,China,Australia,New Zealand,Canada etc....

So making immigration tougher for these guys is like digging a grave for yourself.

A

Albertagoverner

engg said:
I mean stopping bad elements in to the country is ok but not letting come in good scientists and engineers into the country is mere foolishness.....just because of the your a mule cannot compete to horse ....you cannot let horse from running......a horse will be able to run if not in america then in India,China,Australia,New Zealand,Canada etc....

So making immigration tougher for these guys is like digging a grave for yourself.

The problem is that United States, which has lost leadership in world in past 8 years, is also extremely frustrated with the booming growth of new economies like China and India. This all thing show that internal frustration for the affluent Asian immigrant class in United States. And somehow, during 2006, 2007, 2008 asian immigrants have broken the Glass roofs in the world. whether UK, US or Canada.

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
I don't understand what wrong h1b people have done other than working hard day and night for american companies to prove themselves and to help them grow....

They are not someone who stole the money from here....they got paid for their skills... they were not thieves...