+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SSP no longer exists! (mexico police clearance)

marce82

Jan 18, 2013
Hi all, I was about to go next week to Mexico and request the SSP police certificate. However, I heard that the SSP has dissapeared! I called the CIC call centre, but they were no help. I sent an email to the CPC that requeste the police certificate, but no reply yet. Has anyone gone through this? Any info would be great! :eek:

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Please review CIC 's instructions regarding PCCs from Mexico - esp. the very last point:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/mexico.asp

"If you live outside of Mexico and cannot obtain this document through a family member, you should contact the Visa Office of the Canadian Embassy in Mexico, providing a detailed explanation of your situation"

I suggest you contact them ...

Z

zaac81

Im going to start my application soon and i will need police certificate from Mexico. Does anyone is in the same situation?

MTYMTL78

Jan 18, 2013
If anyone can clarify this, would be very helpful.

I am a PR in Canada but I'm about to sponsor my spouse, Mexican citizen, and need to know how to sort this out considering we are unable to travel to Mexico City just for this document. Plus, as I heard and confirmed also on official websites, SSP no longer exists, instead it is the CNS or something like that.

Does anty of you know if this is possible to get through a friend and not a family member, as specified on CIC website?

marce82

Jan 18, 2013
So after worrying all weekend I got an email reply from Canada Immigration. So at least for now, the procedure in unchanged until further notice:

Good morning,

Thank you for your email below. According to our information, the SSP office is still functioning as before, however its name and functions/operation will change in a couple of months, and the clients can still get their PC at the listed address in Mexico City.

Regards,

Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement Pilote – Ottawa – RK6165

Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 | 219 avenue Laurier Ouest

7th Floor | 7ème étage, Section B

Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 Canada
Facsimile | Télécopieur 613-946-6059

marce82

Jan 18, 2013
From what I heard from other friends, it can get complicated to ge the police certificate from SSP if its not a spouse or immediate family member. You might be able to get it if you provide "monetary compensation" as an incentive, but that wouldn't be advisable thing to do. If it's impossible to have a family member request it and you can't go, then you can explain the situation to the processing centre that is handling your case.
Good luck.

MTYMTL78

Jan 18, 2013
marce82 said:
From what I heard from other friends, it can get complicated to ge the police certificate from SSP if its not a spouse or immediate family member. You might be able to get it if you provide "monetary compensation" as an incentive, but that wouldn't be advisable thing to do. If it's impossible to have a family member request it and you can't go, then you can explain the situation to the processing centre that is handling your case.
Good luck.
Thanks a lot for the info marce82, very much appreciated.

If anyone else has tried getting this document through a friend, as opposed to a family member, that would be very helpful if you share your experience with this forum.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Has anyone actually tried following instructions, and contacted the Canadian VO in Mexico City?

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Hi guys!

Im freaking out as well hahaha!!

I previously sent my PGR and now they asked me for the SSP, I found info in this forum saying the same thing, but I found illogic that a whole Ministry just stop working specially the one in charge of the security! ... after like 13934 hours on google trying to get more info, I found that they moved offices, and the new place is:

Tlalpan 2962 Col. Espartaco
(entre las estaciones del tren ligero Registro Federal y Textitlan, a un costado de Televisa radio)
Atienden de 9 a 17 hrs. El teléfono es 56 82 94 94, ext 505, 708 y 305.

Apparently someone went to the old office and found a paper on a window with this info.

I just found this info a few minutes ago, so tomorrow Im going to give them a call to see what's the deal and after call CIC as well to found out if that "outside Mexico"means inland applications as well or just people applying from other countries outside Mexico and Canada ... So confusing!

My last resort is to go to he consulate and ask them! If I get any info I'll let you know guys!

juan74

Oct 16, 2012
Good morning my friend cic requested me PGR certificate (constacia de datos registrales) so i went to the embassy in Mexico City and request a letter to ask for this document. Meanwhile I went to calzada de tlalpan and request the other Mexican police clearance (carta de antecedentes no penales) that's right the address that u have is right !!!!' I was at this building a few days ago and took me 5 mins to get the document free.
When I was there someone ask the desk front attendant if is posible to do the tramit for another person cause that person is outside of Mexico ..the answer was yes ..but I couldn't hear the details about it..so give them a call I am sure u can get this document with no problem. I hope this help u

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
juan74 said:
Good morning my friend cic requested me PGR certificate (constacia de datos registrales) so i went to the embassy in Mexico City and request a letter to ask for this document. Meanwhile I went to calzada de tlalpan and request the other Mexican police clearance (carta de antecedentes no penales) that's right the address that u have is right !!!!' I was at this building a few days ago and took me 5 mins to get the document free.
When I was there someone ask the desk front attendant if is posible to do the tramit for another person cause that person is outside of Mexico ..the answer was yes ..but I couldn't hear the details about it..so give them a call I am sure u can get this document with no problem. I hope this help u

Thanks a lot for confirming this!!

I have been trying to contact them the whole day but no answer! I found another phone somewhere on the internet but nothing! My parents live close to the address I found so my dad will pass by tomorrow morning and see what do I need! ... Tnx for confirming the address, I was feeling so lost and confused, everyone has been telling me that the SSP no longer exists but again, how can the Police department of a city can disappear!! They just moved offices and their website is not updated!

MIL GRACIAS!!! :D

juan74

Oct 16, 2012
yea i know how it feels !! but again this is the right addresse ..is really fast tramit i spent more time just to get there..5 mins later i got the document ..they asked me for credencial de elector and acta de nacimiento ..just copies so be ready with this copies ..i am assuming that ur dad can do it with a carta poder. but i just assuming...i have a question for u ..what is your timeline? ottawa request u the police certificate?
regards

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Yes, actually my dad will go tomorrow and ask as well to whom do I have to write the carta poder and documents I need, Im so glad is nothing complicated!!!

Im doing Inland application, my boyfiend (conjugal partner) is sponsoring me, I actually live in Montreal, my application is in Alberta, I didnt know there were 2 different police certificates so I only sent the one from the PGR with my initial application ( was received in August 14th, 2012)

I just got the letter from the CIC asking me for the medicals (went last week to do it) and police check from the SSP.

juan74

Oct 16, 2012
it is confuse cause they requested me PGR police clearance certificate ..but they dont say anything about ssp ..but i got them too just in case cause i am not close to mexico city i had to drive 10 hrs so better get them too. by the way i was in edmonton alberta when i submit the application in january 2012 ..medical are done, i hope this is almost the end of the process cause i want to come back to canada soon.
i will send this documents in a few days i just waiting for traduccion spanish -english