+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SSP no longer exists! (mexico police clearance)

juan74

Oct 16, 2012
Even for me that I am in Mexico now was complicated because PGR requirements .
They ask for( carta de solicitud de datos registrales Expedida por la embajada ) besides fingerprints etc etc
The best way I can help you is sharing this link .
http://www.pgr.gob.mx/servicios/constancia/antecedentes%20registrales.asp
Read it carefully..there is a way to get the datos registrales even if u are outside of Mexico.
It says that the document is ready in 10 days if you have all the requirements but is good for 30 days only

spunkyspunky

May 3, 2013
i greatly appreciate your help. thank you :)

i'll make sure to report back with my experiences to make sure other people can find some guidance regarding what to do...

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
spunkyspunky said:
i greatly appreciate your help. thank you :)

i'll make sure to report back with my experiences to make sure other people can find some guidance regarding what to do...
Hi Spunky!

I am doing inland application and it s completely diferent from the outland, for people who are applying outland the PGR will sed everything to the canadian embassy! But since you are, as me INSIDE Canada, and your process is not in Mexico, the Canadian Embassy in Mex has nothing to do with your process. The link that juan gave you is the same that I used to get my PGR, with the carta poder, the fingerprints, the letter from the consulate, etc etc. Once you send everyhing to your family over there they have to do the pyment and call for an appointment, from the day I sent the docs to my father and he sent everything back with the PGR letter it took no more than 15 days.

In my case, I was asked for the SSP the last weeks of february. So I did send it, it is a process that takes no more than 15 min to take, just send your parents a carta poder, a copy of your passport and they can go get if for you, it is free. I dont know if they will ask you for it as ell, but since they will be sending you some documents, I'll recomend you to ask them do it for you jusn in case.

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
My time line is this:

Visa office: ..............Vegreville
(police sent with application)
APPL received : August 14th. 2012
Started processing :November 20th. 2012
Meds done: February 2013
Aip: 25th February 2013
OWP Received: March 4th, 2013
DM: April 2nd, 2013
Landing : Waiting for interview date

Where are you living? Im in Montreal :)

spunkyspunky

May 3, 2013
Loops said:
Hi Spunky!

I am doing inland application and it s completely diferent from the outland, for people who are applying outland the PGR will sed everything to the canadian embassy! But since you are, as me INSIDE Canada, and your process is not in Mexico, the Canadian Embassy in Mex has nothing to do with your process. The link that juan gave you is the same that I used to get my PGR, with the carta poder, the fingerprints, the letter from the consulate, etc etc. Once you send everyhing to your family over there they have to do the pyment and call for an appointment, from the day I sent the docs to my father and he sent everything back with the PGR letter it took no more than 15 days.

In my case, I was asked for the SSP the last weeks of february. So I did send it, it is a process that takes no more than 15 min to take, just send your parents a carta poder, a copy of your passport and they can go get if for you, it is free. I dont know if they will ask you for it as ell, but since they will be sending you some documents, I'll recomend you to ask them do it for you jusn in case.
thank you Loops! oh god, this is getting so confusing.

ok, so back to basics. i was re-reading this link:

(the forum won't let me post links, but if you google How to obtain a police certificate - Mexico it's the first link that shows up)

so, i think it says that to get the Constancia de Antecedentes Registrales you'd need a letter from the Canadian embassy if you are in mexico, right? and if you're outside of mexico, you need the Informe de Datos Registrales? now, if you and i are both doing our application within Canada and all the paperwork was submitted within Canada (in my case the Vergeville, Alberta office, later transfered to the Vancouver. BC office) then how are we going to get a letter from the embassy to get the Constancia? or does the embassy in mexico sends letters to in-Canada applicants? so far, all my communication has been with the vancouver's visa office.

oh god, i'm so confused.

i'm siding with loops and juan as well. even if the lady at the consulate said that they weren't requesting the SSP letter anymore, i'm gonna get it anyhow. i'd rather tell me they don't need it than put the process on hold again because they need it.

in any case... so far i've only got the letter requesting my medical exams. it does seem that, regardless of how much i want to be "pro-active", until you get the formal letter requesting your police certificates, very little can be done. according to the lady at the consulate (the mexican consulate in vancouver) said letter will tell me whether i need to get the Informe (which is what i'm hoping for so i can send all the documents and let that take care of itself) instead of the Constancia (where i guess i would have to either physically go down to mexico or ask my parents to help me out).

thank you both!!! :)

spunkyspunky

May 3, 2013
Loops said:
Visa office: ..............Vegreville
(police sent with application)
maybe this what's different between both of our cases? so did you go and get your PGR police certificate "before" they sent a letter requesting it?

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Yep, I did send my PGR with all my documents in the initial application, I was told as well that I didnt need the SSP letter and then, in February, when they requested my medicals, they asked as well for the SSP...

For the PGR, I follow this instructions: http://www.pgr.gob.mx/servicios/constancia/antecedentes%20registrales.asp

Got all the documents, went to the consulate and they gave me a letter, all those papers and the letter I sent it to my dad and he called to do the appointment, did the payment and all the paperwork, 10 days later they called him to go pick up the Antecedentes Registrales and that was it!!!

So the Embassy in Mexico has NOTHING to do with your process here, the Mexican Consulate here in Canada will give you the letter that you need for someone in Mexico to do all the process for you, that person will have to FedEx you all everything.

Honestly the consulates here have no idea of the immigration process so I never trusted them and well, just went and ask them for the letter to the PGR that is it, when they asked my why I needed that I told them it was for immigration, he gave me the letter and that was it!

armando7

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
Hello Amigos,

Hello,

I recently received an email in regards to our permanent residency application. As stated in the email, I have to provide police certificates from Mexico, for myself and my wife, at the office by 06/24/2013, along with email. As we have already submitted all the required documents according to the CIC instructions to the Immigration section in Mexico to get the Police Certificate from Mexico, our documents has been received in Mexico as of the 17th of April. However, I wanted to clarify that the police certificates from Mexico will be sent directly to the Canadian Immigration Office which has mentioned on the CIC. web site. Therefore, I am not able to attach the email as indicated in the email. Please advise on how this email letter can be attached to the police certificates. It has been now over a month.

I also have a question in regards to the type of police certificates required for Mexican. I have followed the instructions in the CIC web page, Can anyone please advise whether I need to submit 2 police certificate or just one. I heard that now CIC. required only stat certificate from Mexico.

Thanks.

artecita

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-CTD-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2014
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
07-05-2014
IELTS Request
send with application
Med's Request
02-06-2015
Med's Done....
15-06-2015
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
20-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2015
LANDED..........
14-12-2015
armando7 said:
Hello Amigos,

Hello,

I recently received an email in regards to our permanent residency application. As stated in the email, I have to provide police certificates from Mexico, for myself and my wife, at the office by 06/24/2013, along with email. As we have already submitted all the required documents according to the CIC instructions to the Immigration section in Mexico to get the Police Certificate from Mexico, our documents has been received in Mexico as of the 17th of April. However, I wanted to clarify that the police certificates from Mexico will be sent directly to the Canadian Immigration Office which has mentioned on the CIC. web site. Therefore, I am not able to attach the email as indicated in the email. Please advise on how this email letter can be attached to the police certificates. It has been now over a month.

I also have a question in regards to the type of police certificates required for Mexican. I have followed the instructions in the CIC web page, Can anyone please advise whether I need to submit 2 police certificate or just one. I heard that now CIC. required only stat certificate from Mexico.

Thanks.
Exactly my question, I got also the email and I did send my papers to the canadian embassy in Mexico, they received yesterday. This is suppose to be for the police clearance and then there is the link of PGR wich involves sending my family some papers for the to get my "Constancia de datos Registrales". I am confused, do I need to also do that or just with the one the canadian embassy in mexico is doing is enough? Are they the same thing?

mike2000

Jul 23, 2012
Hi Guys,

I am living and working in Guadalajara,Jalisco,Mexico on FM3 from last 1 year 4 months with my wife.I have submitted my express entry application and got letter in spanish from Canadian Embassy in Mexico City to obtain Police Certificate in Mexico.

Below link has information on how to get Police Certificate for Mexico via below link.
http://www.pgr.gob.mx/datosregistrales/Paginas/default.aspx

1) Do you guys know any agent who help us in getting Police Certificate for Mexico. So, we don't have to travel to Mexico City (as my wife is pregnent and I don't want her to travel for same to Mexico City) ?

2) Where in Guadalajara,Mexico I can get my finger scanning done ?

Moreover, we don't know Spanish. So, would like to get it done via an agent where we don't have to travel to Mexico City

Hoping for your assistance on above.Thanks for your cooperation!

Thanks and Regards,
Mike