+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SSP no longer exists! (mexico police clearance)

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Hope you get everything set soon!!

I dont know about outland applications but all the people I know that are like me inside Canada waiting for the papers are telling me everything is going fast and on time!

Good luck and lets be patient!! :D Tnx again for the info!!!

juan74

Oct 16, 2012
i hope so too. :) :)
well we now in mexico but i submit my application when i was working in canada so i dont know is now is outland ..anyway february is my 13th month..and they request me the police certificates again... i hope they did that to check me for last time before PPR..(there is another guy from mexico that passed the same situation and got his ppr a week after submit police certificates so fingers crossed)
good luck to u
:) :) :)

bravosix

Star Member
Aug 12, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25 2012
What?!?!

This link came in the email from CIC:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/mexico.asp

I remember it showed instructions for both PGR and SSP.

Now it only shows the one from PGR.

At the bottom it says last modified Jan 30

I called CIC a few days ago and asked them about it, the agent said if it's not there it means is no longer required.

Has anybody else tried calling CiC asking about this?

juan74

Oct 16, 2012
bravosix i received the same link ....!!!!!! feb 4th 2013 .
looks like PGR CERTIFICATE is the only one they requesting now..but why they request ssp certificate to loops ????
i dont know ...in my case i got both ssp and pgr just in case ...

loops i sugest u to get both again..you never know !!!!

shad86

Star Member
Oct 20, 2012
Que onda guys,

I already applied for the PR, I'm in the process of waiting for my AOR. I just wanted to ask you, did you wait for the CIC request for the PGR papers??
or did you send them along with the main application?.

I heard the document has validity of 3 months, is that right?

thanks and buena suerte a todos en sus aplicaciones.

juan74

Oct 16, 2012
I submit ppc when I applied ..but some people wait till receive AOR my suggestion is the soon they send u ir AOR send ur ppc don't wait till they request u is better and they can see that u are ready for any other document they request ....
Regard
Buena suerte !!!

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Well Im ding an Inland application, I dont know if the process is different from you guys.

Last week my dad went to do the paperwork, I mean, its free and it takes no longer that 10 mint to do it!

I sent it already to CIC so lets see. In case you dont believe this is what I got from them:

Please send the original Secretaria de Seguridad Publica (SSP) certificate to this office as soon as you receive it ....

This was after they got my PGR ..

I mean I just followed instructions, as I said before, I dont know if it is because my application is Inland but instead of arguing with a CIC agent about this I put my papers together and did it. And again, its free and you dont have to waste any time and money to do it, so if you think it is no longer necessary just wait to see if they ask for it, if not easy, just dont do it!

juan74

Oct 16, 2012
Exactly u have to do what U have to do ...is just weird that if u looking
For police clearance for Mexico is just constancia de datos registrales from
PGR what is showing at their cic website ..in my case
They requested me PGR only but I will send both ..just in case
Buena suerte y que pronto seas permanent resident!!!!!
Saludos

shad86

Star Member
Oct 20, 2012
great thanks for the help!! :p
I'm from Nuevo Leon I heard theres is a way to get this in monterrey, I dunno if someone is familiarized with this proccess in this city. If not I will update as soon I get more info.

Saludos

juan74

Oct 16, 2012
Shad86 this is the PGR location in Monterrey

DELEGACIÓN: NUEVO LEÓN
TELÉFONO: 01 818 154 74 02
DOMICILIO: CARR. MONTERREY - NUEVO LAREDO, KM. 14.5, COL. NUEVA CASTILLA, CP. 64400, GENERAL ESCOBEDO, N.L.

juan74

Oct 16, 2012
And check this link too.
http://www.pgr.gob.mx/servicios/constancia/antecedentes%20registrales.asp

spunkyspunky

May 3, 2013
so... i'm in the final stages of my process (inland application, my spouse/sponsor and me got approval in principle after the interview, got the open work permit and CIC requested my medicals yesterday).

they haven't formally requested the police certificates but my lawyer told me i should be "pro-active" and try getting them ready. i went to the mexican consulate in vancouver trying to get a carta poder (power of attorney) so my parents could get my SSP certificates but the lady at the consulate told me since january 2013 CIC stopped asking for them and that they're only asking for the PGR/Informe de Datos Registrales ....

since i haven't got my letter i can't verify whether this is true or not.

has anyone got their letter requesting them after say feb-march 2013 to see if they're really not asking for the SSP ones anymore?

juan74

Oct 16, 2012
Well when they requested me ppc from Mexico ..they sent me a link to check how to get police certificate from Mexico I went there and they only request PGR that link didn't say anything about ssp ..but I got both of them just in case ..my suggestion is wait for ppc request letter because the PGR police certificate "datos registrales " is good for 30 days only .

spunkyspunky

May 3, 2013
juan74 said:
my suggestion is wait for ppc request letter because the PGR police certificate "datos registrales " is good for 30 days only .
the person at the consulate told me it takes about 3 months for the informe de datos registrales to be processed when you don't do it in person because it goes from canada to the embassy in mexico, from the embassy to the PGR, then the PGR sends the documents to the embassy and the embassy sends it to whichever visa office is processing your case.

did you go in person then to obtain your datos registrales? i was just guessing because it does seem like if the process is so complicated it might be good to have an early start but now i'm not so sure :(