Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 03,2011
Doc's Request.
AOM
micah101 said:
hi littlejai

i think i've read one forumer here poh na gamit nya ay passport nya with her maiden name still ok naman poh wala silang inask na additional docs sa kanya concerning that, so i think as long as vaild yung pp mo at complete yung application mo tska genuine ang relationship i think la ka pong ika worry, as what i've said " i guess it'll just makes things smoother for your application process " guess ko lng po yun. nasasa kamay po ng VO lahat.
HI There..,
Ahh ok. sana nga po eh. hehehe . Good luck po sa ateng lahat. ;)

LITTLEJAI

Star Member
Nov 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 03,2011
Doc's Request.
AOM
aginaya said:
@ LITTLEJAI

hi LITTLEJAI! as i understood you are asking about name change on your passport? from your maiden to married name? hmmm..i dont think there will be a seminar for that, last year i think wala..ewan ko lang kung nabago na. kasi last year nagparenew din ako ng passport from maiden to married, and ang requirement lang naman na hiningi sakin is yun marriage certificate ko from NSO, which i waited pa kasi need pa iforward ng sanfrancisco yun report of marriage ko sakanila. but when i got the NSO marriage certificate nagpaappointment na ko sa DFA and i went there, its almost a whole day process but i got my passport din the same day..

about you worrying kasi gamit mo ang maiden name mo sa application i think that's fine as long as it's consistent. meaning yun mga info na nilagay mo sa application mo is same with what you currently have. just like what SSTHOMAS said about the reply of the immigration regarding that matter.
"With respect to visa applications submitted to our office, all information to be declared by the applicant must be consistent with all documentation. As a rule, the name of the applicant in his/her application shall be consistent with his/her current and valid passport. As such, if the applicant takes after the spouse's name, all documents shall be consistent when submitted to our office, including the passport details."

pero may point din si micah101 na mas smooth nga siguro yun process pag gamit mo na last name ng husband mo. just like what we did na pinachange na namin right before we filed the application para wala ng question pa if ever. but still..that would depend on the V.O processing your application. meron nga yun iba green passport pa ang pinass, eh diba preferred na nila yun brown pero naDM na sya ngayon. so i think that doesnt matter. no worries! ;D

Hi there,

Thanks for your detailed response. ;)
We actually contacted the call center prior to our application, and asked them regarding using my passport without changing into my married name and they said its perfectly fine.
If you read back the thread i was just askin about the seminar if i can attend even without my visa yet.
and someone answered and informed me about the passport thing, which i really appreciate.And i got confused thats why i posted some of my query here and i am so thankful for your quick responses.
Thanks po. ;)

sthomas

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 May 2011
AOR Received.
5 August 2011
File Transfer...
21 June 2011
Med's Done....
05 April 2011
Passport Req..
27 July 2011 (Passport & Appendix A)
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2011
LANDED..........
19 September 2011
@ LITTLEJAI

I had my passport request changed status in Cebu. I just submitted my old passport and NSO marriage certificate. No CFO seminar needed. But I will get one soon :)

MICAH101 has a point .... for consistency purposes, that's the reason why I had mine changed :)

@aginaya

Good Morning!!!

LITTLEJAI

Star Member
Nov 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 03,2011
Doc's Request.
AOM
sthomas said:
@ LITTLEJAI

I had my passport request changed status in Cebu. I just submitted my old passport and NSO marriage certificate. No CFO seminar needed. But I will get one soon :)

MICAH101 has a point .... for consistency purposes, that's the reason why I had mine changed :)

@ aginaya

Good Morning!!!

@sthomas,

Oh ok. thank you for your quick response. ;) Good luck to each and everyone of us here. godbless! ;)

aginaya

May 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sthomas said:
Yeah, I have already been on the frustration stage when I applied for passport but finally it was done and I am pretty sure there is more frustrations along the way. I am trying not to think too much about it .. TRYING .... hahaaaaahhahahahha

We just filed it, they received the application last May 18 pa ...... So what's the next step? I mean when should I expect a respond from them. Will we get notified that they got our application?

Appendix A is checklist right? or is there another appendix A?

Anyways, have already done my medical and we already paid all the fees. I just hope it is going to be smooth ....

Where you from and where is your destination? :)
@ sthomas

hi sthomas! nice that you have paid all the fees and submitted your medical. yeah i could help para mapabilis process mo esp. if they wont ask any additional requirements na. normally for those who have passed complete requirements in 3-4 months lang may visa na and for those who were asked for additional req. umaabot ng 5-7 months! just like mine and the rest..:(

yes you will be notified, wait for approximately 45 days from the date of filing for your sponsor to get DM. and pag na DM na sya they will send your husband a letter regarding the decision made.

after your sponsor got DM, wait for about another month and they will send you a letter requesting for passport and asking you to fill out the appendix A that is included in the letter. and if there will be additional requirements that they want you to submit. and from there you will wait like forever for the DM and VISA to arrive..haha..just kidding! ;D :p it depends on the V.O. :) just keep praying and hoping! :)

i am bound to vancouver..and you?

LITTLEJAI

Star Member
Nov 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 03,2011
Doc's Request.
AOM
sthomas said:
@ LITTLEJAI

@ aginaya

Good Morning!!!

sthomas,What is your timeline?

sthomas

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 May 2011
AOR Received.
5 August 2011
File Transfer...
21 June 2011
Med's Done....
05 April 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2011
LANDED..........
19 September 2011
@ aginaya

thank you for the info :)

i am bound for saskatoon, saskatchewan ....

good for you, cheaper ticket ;) hahahahhahahahahah

i have an uncle in vancouver though and my mom and sister have been there .. so beautiful daw :)

aginaya

May 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
micah101 said:
gising na mga ka forum its a new day :D :p a day full of possibilities sana may mga ma DDM at maka receive ng kanilang mga visas today hoping and praying for the best :D take care everyone sana ma dm din ako hehehe
@ micah101

goodmorning girl!!! goodluck to us again! ;D i didnt check my ecas today and i will not going to check it. :p it's gonna be my husband who'll do the checking from now on.. 8) kasi pag ako ang nagoopen i felt like i am stabbing myself over and over! and i can't take the pain no more..haha..so better yet, he will do it for me.. :-X

lovelex

Feb 27, 2011
lovelex said:
Hello guys :)

Eto po yung timeline sakin as of now...

Submitted application: April 12,2011
Decision Made: May 13,2011 (ito po yung nkatangap ako ng letter from the embassy stating im eligible to sponsor etc.)

ayun po as of now.

ask ko lang po sa mga tapos na.. what comes next exactly after this? anu po yung next step na gagawin namin? (or ng wife ko specifically sya po yung pinetition ko nasa manila sya) kung may need pa po na additional documents ano po yung mga kailangan namin i prepare? mayroon po ba kayong estimated timeline for us? salamat po ng madami. pasensya na kung di ako masyadong nag search. masyado lang po na excited :) 7 years po kame and 5th year na na magkalayo sna magkasama na! salamat!
guys p reply naman po sa post ko :) salamat...

and also to aginaya thanks for adding me to the list.. nung tinignan ko po nilagay mo application received may 11.. it means di pa talaga in process yung application? how big of a deal po yung letter na natangap ko?

sthomas

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 May 2011
AOR Received.
5 August 2011
File Transfer...
21 June 2011
Med's Done....
05 April 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2011
LANDED..........
19 September 2011
@LITTLEJAI

no timeline yet .... heheheh they just got our application last May 18 ... :) I am a newbie here .. yeeey !!!! :)

sthomas

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 May 2011
AOR Received.
5 August 2011
File Transfer...
21 June 2011
Med's Done....
05 April 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2011
LANDED..........
19 September 2011
@ aginaya

what additional requirement did they asked you?

axel03

Star Member
May 19, 2011
ask lang po....

ung seminar ba is for those who are married to canadian nationals?
how about to those who are married to filipinos na PR sa canada?
mag se-seminar din ba sila?

sideangel85

May 15, 2011
Davao City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2011
Doc's Request.
12-05-2011
File Transfer...
11-05-2011
Med's Done....
24-01-2011
Passport Req..
26-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
looking forward to it :D
axel03 said:
ask lang po....

ung seminar ba is for those who are married to canadian nationals?
how about to those who are married to filipinos na PR sa canada?
mag se-seminar din ba sila?
Canadian Nationals and Canadian Citizen the same lng ba?..anong seminar ang kailangan pag kasal sa canadian citizen and national, aside sa PDOS?...

miss_ian

Star Member
Jan 18, 2011
Toronto Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 23, 2010
Passport Req..
February 4, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 18, 2011
LANDED..........
July 25, 2011
hi evryone.. wala pdin new sa ECAS ng wife ko..
KULUTOT na ang timeline namin sa kabilang forum..
it's so hard without them..
I hope they got their DM's this week..
Tiring ang ECAS na yan..
Same at same pdn..

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

aginaya

May 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lovelex said:
Hello guys :)

Eto po yung timeline sakin as of now...

Submitted application: April 12,2011
Decision Made: May 13,2011 (ito po yung nkatangap ako ng letter from the embassy stating im eligible to sponsor etc.)

ayun po as of now.

ask ko lang po sa mga tapos na.. what comes next exactly after this? anu po yung next step na gagawin namin? (or ng wife ko specifically sya po yung pinetition ko nasa manila sya) kung may need pa po na additional documents ano po yung mga kailangan namin i prepare? mayroon po ba kayong estimated timeline for us? salamat po ng madami. pasensya na kung di ako masyadong nag search. masyado lang po na excited :) 7 years po kame and 5th year na na magkalayo sna magkasama na! salamat!
@ lovelex

hi lovelex! pareho kayo ng question ni SSTHOMAS, read mo na lang po yun reply ko sakanya right before this post..:) thanks! regarding additional requirements it depends kung ano yun kulang mo na hindi mo naipass na hinihingi nila. you can take a look at that sa guidelines kung meron kang copy nun. :D