Passport Req..
29-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-09-2011
LITTLEJAI said:
Hi there,
I was just bit confused about your post.
Ang asawa ko kasi canadian National po. so pwede akong mag seminar kahit wala pa ang visa?kasi im still waiting for my visa eh. Then about po sa post nio na " i dont know if others can agree w/ me na dapat ang passport sana would be named under your husband's surname para mas easier ang flow ng processing and wala nang ibang sabit pa." All my ducuments kasi including my Passport is not my married name. Im still using my single name so magkakaproblema ba ako?

Thanks...
hi littlejai

just to share my point of view, ako kasi hubby ko is candian national din at may passport na ako before pa kami kinasal kahit hindi pa sya expired kumuha nlang ako ng bago which is the one im using my hubby's family name nah at before ka makakuha ng bagong passport kailangan ka munang umattend ng ceminar sa cfo, isa rin yan sa requirement ng passport if your married to a canadian national.
i don't knowif magkakaproblema kba o hindi if you didn't use your husband's family name
just what she said i guess it'll just makes things smoother for your application process and you will less likely get some issues on why you didn't use your hubby's family name etc... if they are bothered by it.

micah101

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2011
AOR Received.
16-03-2011
File Transfer...
28-03-2011
Med's Done....
03-12-2010
Passport Req..
29-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-09-2011
Re: SPOUSE VISA TIMELINES AND ONLINE UPDATES ~MANILA OFFICE~ BATCH DECEMBER ONWA

LITTLEJAI said:
Oh Ok. ;)
Thanks for that info. ;) but either way, if na DM naman magaapear sia both dba? sa asawa ko at sa aken na info? thanks..
yep i guess it will poh, but just to make sure use mo nalang yung sayo just in case pra sure talaga. maybe there are someone that can answer that question accurately tomorrow yung mga pro dito hehehe di kasi ako sure ksi hindi pa ako na DM hehehe pero sana poh soon :D

LITTLEJAI

Star Member
Nov 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 03,2011
Doc's Request.
AOM
micah101 said:
hi littlejai

just to share my point of view, ako kasi hubby ko is candian national din at may passport na ako before pa kami kinasal kahit hindi pa sya expired kumuha nlang ako ng bago which is the one im using my hubby's family name nah at before ka makakuha ng bagong passport kailangan ka munang umattend ng ceminar sa cfo, isa rin yan sa requirement ng passport if your married to a canadian national.
i don't knowif magkakaproblema kba o hindi if you didn't use your husband's family name
just what she said i guess it'll just makes things smoother for your application process and you will less likely get some issues on why you didn't use your hubby's family name etc... if they are bothered by it.

Hi there,

Thanks for getting back to my question.
mmm I don't think its necessary for me to get another passport with my married name on it.Bcoz my passport that has my single name which will be expired on the 2013.

"smoother for your application process"- In this statement are you pertaining to the Department who are processing our applications? If that's the case, how come they didn't let us know that it is necessary for us as an applicant that our married name should appear in our passport.
Anyhow,thanks for your prompt reply.I really appreciate it.

Good luck to all of us here. ;)

LITTLEJAI

Star Member
Nov 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 03,2011
Doc's Request.
AOM
Re: SPOUSE VISA TIMELINES AND ONLINE UPDATES ~MANILA OFFICE~ BATCH DECEMBER ONWA

micah101 said:
yep i guess it will poh, but just to make sure use mo nalang yung sayo just in case pra sure talaga. maybe there are someone that can answer that question accurately tomorrow yung mga pro dito hehehe di kasi ako sure ksi hindi pa ako na DM hehehe pero sana poh soon :D

Hehehe. Ok po il try to use mine nalang.. thanks po and good luck to all of us here.
Thanks..

sthomas

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 May 2011
AOR Received.
5 August 2011
File Transfer...
21 June 2011
Med's Done....
05 April 2011
Passport Req..
27 July 2011 (Passport & Appendix A)
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2011
LANDED..........
19 September 2011
LITTLEJAI said:
Hi there,

mmm I don't think its necessary for me to get another passport with my married name on it.Bcoz my passport that has my single name which will be expired on the 2013.

"smoother for your application process"- In this statement are you pertaining to the Department who are processing our applications? If that's the case, how come they didn't let us know that it is necessary for us as an applicant that our married name should appear in our passport.

@LITTLEJAI

I would like to share you this. Before I passed my papers, I emailed canadian immigration if I can just use my old passport and after a month they get back at me and this is their email response :

Dear Sir/Madam:

This is in response to your e-mail below.

With respect to visa applications submitted to our office, all information to be declared by the applicant must be consistent with all documentation. As a rule, the name of the applicant in his/her application shall be consistent with his/her current and valid passport. As such, if the applicant takes after the spouse's name, all documents shall be consistent when submitted to our office, including the passport details.

Yours sincerely,

Immigration Section - Bureau de visa

Embassy of Canada, Manila - Ambassade du Canada, Manille

Level 6, Tower 2, RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200, Philippines

But like I have said, it took them a month to respond and then I already have applied for a new passport bearing my new last name. It was a long wait to get a new passport, 45 days . DFA and Bangko Sentral has some problem, so instead of ten working days, i got mine after 45 days.

Anyways, I don't think you will have problem with your passport .... Good luck to all of us !!!

sthomas

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 May 2011
AOR Received.
5 August 2011
File Transfer...
21 June 2011
Med's Done....
05 April 2011
Passport Req..
27 July 2011 (Passport & Appendix A)
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2011
LANDED..........
19 September 2011
aginaya said:
@ sthomas

you're welcome..:) yeah, somehow.. :D but there will always be a time that you get so frustrated of waiting..:( but there's nothing that we can do, except for waiting..hoping and praying..until we finally got it.. :) and its not gonna be too long for sure! ;D

when did you file your application?

AAF:appendix a form
PP: passport
AOR: acknowledgement official receipt
PPR: passport request
Yeah, I have already been on the frustration stage when I applied for passport but finally it was done and I am pretty sure there is more frustrations along the way. I am trying not to think too much about it .. TRYING .... hahaaaaahhahahahha

We just filed it, they received the application last May 18 pa ...... So what's the next step? I mean when should I expect a respond from them. Will we get notified that they got our application?

Appendix A is checklist right? or is there another appendix A?

Anyways, have already done my medical and we already paid all the fees. I just hope it is going to be smooth ....

Where you from and where is your destination? :)

micah101

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2011
AOR Received.
16-03-2011
File Transfer...
28-03-2011
Med's Done....
03-12-2010
Passport Req..
29-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-09-2011
LITTLEJAI said:
Hi there,

hi littlejai

i think i've read one forumer here poh na gamit nya ay passport nya with her maiden name still ok naman poh wala silang inask na additional docs sa kanya concerning that, so i think as long as vaild yung pp mo at complete yung application mo tska genuine ang relationship i think la ka pong ika worry, as what i've said " i guess it'll just makes things smoother for your application process " guess ko lng po yun. nasasa kamay po ng VO lahat.

micah101

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2011
AOR Received.
16-03-2011
File Transfer...
28-03-2011
Med's Done....
03-12-2010
Passport Req..
29-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-09-2011
gising na mga ka forum its a new day :D :p a day full of possibilities sana may mga ma DDM at maka receive ng kanilang mga visas today hoping and praying for the best :D take care everyone sana ma dm din ako hehehe

lovelex

Feb 27, 2011
Hello guys :)

Eto po yung timeline sakin as of now...

Submitted application: April 12,2011
Decision Made: May 13,2011 (ito po yung nkatangap ako ng letter from the embassy stating im eligible to sponsor etc.)

ayun po as of now.

ask ko lang po sa mga tapos na.. what comes next exactly after this? anu po yung next step na gagawin namin? (or ng wife ko specifically sya po yung pinetition ko nasa manila sya) kung may need pa po na additional documents ano po yung mga kailangan namin i prepare? mayroon po ba kayong estimated timeline for us? salamat po ng madami. pasensya na kung di ako masyadong nag search. masyado lang po na excited :) 7 years po kame and 5th year na na magkalayo sna magkasama na! salamat!

M

msidgz

micah101 said:
hi littlejai

i think i've read one forumer here poh na gamit nya ay passport nya with her maiden name still ok naman poh wala silang inask na additional docs sa kanya concerning that, so i think as long as vaild yung pp mo at complete yung application mo tska genuine ang relationship i think la ka pong ika worry, as what i've said " i guess it'll just makes things smoother for your application process " guess ko lng po yun. nasasa kamay po ng VO lahat.
@littlejai

sorry mdyo matagal yung reply ko, nakatulog na kc ako.. but abt my post, kc kpg nagpachange ka ng status sa pp, kelangan ng dfa ang cert. of attendance ng seminar para maibigay sa iyo ang new pp bearing your hubby's surname, gaya din kc ng ginawa ko, para consistent lahat papers ko, i chose to use na my hubby's surname. and i agree with micah101 and sthomas, di magkakaprob kpg maiden name use mo basta consistent lng lahat ng papers mo..

and w/ regards sa kung pede kna mag seminar, yes, pede kana magseminar kahit wala ka pang visa kc married ka sa canadian citizen then kunin mo ang cert. mo sa guidance and counselling after ng seminar para pagdating ng visa mo, tska ka na lng balik ulit cfo for the sticker...

hope na-enlighten kita sa post ko.. :)

aginaya

May 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GOODMORNING GUYS! IT'S A START OF ANOTHER WEEK, A NEW SET OF HOPES FOR US! GOODLUCK AND GOD BLESS! :D WELCOME TO THE FORUM SSTHOMAS! GOODLUCK ON YOUR APPLICATION! :)

MEMBER: APPLICATION AAF/PP ADDITIONAL ECAS DM: VISA: FLIGHT:
SENT: SENT: REQ. SENT: STATUS: DESTINATION

1. CESKAT nov feb 18 none application received on jan 18 eversince winnepeg MB
(bf)

2. MISS_IAN nov 23 feb 4 none application received on jan 10 toronto
(wife & son) (address appeared on ecas)

3. HAPPILYMARRIED nov 25 feb 6 none in process on feb 15

4. NICE2010 dec 1 feb 12 feb 28 application received on jan 18 eversince ontario
(divorce petition&i.d)

5. BDO32 dec 1 feb 25 feb 25 application received on jan 25 montreal
medical result received on may 20
(advisory on marriage)
6. AGINAYA dec 2 feb 15 march 18 application received on jan 18 eversince vancouver
(fbi clearance)
(address appeared on ecas on april 20)
7. TIN1586 dec 3 feb 5 april 8 in process on feb 15 (same ecas until VISA May 10) edmonton
(husband) (landing fee&remed) (ecas changed to DM May 14)

8. INFINITY8 dec 3 no PPR yet feb 21 application received on jan 31 ontario
(divorce paper)

9. MRSJM dec 9 feb 21 march 11 application received on jan 26 (DM May13)
(divorce petition)

10. ROVI dec 10 feb 14 none application received on
(husband) (MAY10-received an email for interview on JUNE2)

11. SSETMIKE dec 10 march 14 none application received on jan 18 alberta

12. BENZ19 dec 20 feb 10 march 7 application received on jan 26 toronto
(advisory on marriage)
(address appeared on ecas)
13. EEYORE dec 23 march 31 march 31 in process on may 7 (DM May13) (VISA May 21) ontario
(divorce certificate)

14. ARRIANECAT jan 20 march 9 march 9 application received on march 1 b.c
(pp size pic/personal history)

15. ASMA_TUNISAN jan 20 medical received

16. MSIDGZ jan 21 march 9 none application received on march 2 winnepeg

17. JANUARY jan 26 march 26 march 26 application received on vancouver
(permanent records/birthcert/baptismalcert/voterscert)

18. DARK BEAUTY jan 26 march 26 april 7 in process

19. MICAH101 feb 11 april 29 none application received on march 16 eversince alberta

20. KIM RAJA feb 11 march 4 none in process on march 25 calgary

21. DORISIANA feb 26 may 6 may 6 application received on april 12 eversince edmonton
(relationship history with X/daughter's father)

22. LITTLEJAI march 3 may 6 none

23. AXELO3 march 3 may 17 none application received on april 11
(wife)

24. SIDEANGEL185 march 21 none application received on april 21 toronto

25. ANNIE_ANNIE april 1 application received on toronto

26. REDTAG april 11 application received on May 11 ontario

27. LOVELEX april 12
(wife)

28. SSTHOMAS may 18

29. ANNRRAMOS have not yet submitted a file alberta

30. KIMRAJA have not yet submitted a file

31. FILBERT have not yet submitted a file

..send me the other info and i'll update it guys! thanks!

Pls. fill out the following for the new member!

MEMBER:
APPLICATION SENT:
AAF/PP SENT:
ADDITIONAL REQ. SENT:
ECAS:
DESTINATION:

RED: VISA RECEIVED
ORANGE: DM

CONTACTS:

CANADA EMBASSY CALL CENTER: 1-888-242-2100

CANADIAN EMBASSY OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.cic.gc.ca

MANILA EMBASSY: Mission Tel.: (63-2) 857-9001
Immigration Tel.: (63-2) 857-9002 (recorded information)
Email: RE-MANIL.IMMIGRATION @ international.gc.ca

MANILA EMBASSY OFFICE LOCATION:

Embassy of Canada
Immigration and Visa Section
Level 6, Tower 2, RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200
Philippines

CFO Website: www.cfo.gov.ph

mrs.vip

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LITTLEJAI said:
Hi there,
Ang asawa ko kasi canadian National po. so pwede akong mag seminar kahit wala pa ang visa?kasi im still waiting for my visa eh. Then about po sa post nio na " i dont know if others can agree w/ me na dapat ang passport sana would be named under your husband's surname para mas easier ang flow ng processing and wala nang ibang sabit pa." All my ducuments kasi including my Passport is not my married name. Im still using my single name so magkakaproblema ba ako?

Thanks...
dont worry LITTLEJAI :) ako i used my maiden name wala naman magiging prblem kung married or single name gamitin mo eh wala sila care dun and impt kase kung genuine ung relationship niyo and kung nag worry ka dahil green passport mo wala din problem un as long na valid pa ung passport ok lang din un so ok lang yan :)

and for additional docs wala namn sila hiningi sakin ung usual appendix a, birth cert, marriage cert (not the nso one kase hindi ako sa manila kinasal) passport so wala naman problem sa case.. tumagal lang ako kase sa medical they(manila embassy) need to request my medical sa canada kase dun ako nagpamedical..so un lang :)

bdo32

Jun 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
helo po dito.. pag may visa naba nakalagay na visa skedule cfo seminar............or any time punta nalng ng semenar how about ticket... at pagpunta embassy may skedule din po ba

aginaya

May 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LITTLEJAI said:
Hi there,

Thanks...
@ LITTLEJAI

hi LITTLEJAI! as i understood you are asking about name change on your passport? from your maiden to married name? hmmm..i dont think there will be a seminar for that, last year i think wala..ewan ko lang kung nabago na. kasi last year nagparenew din ako ng passport from maiden to married, and ang requirement lang naman na hiningi sakin is yun marriage certificate ko from NSO, which i waited pa kasi need pa iforward ng sanfrancisco yun report of marriage ko sakanila. but when i got the NSO marriage certificate nagpaappointment na ko sa DFA and i went there, its almost a whole day process but i got my passport din the same day..

about you worrying kasi gamit mo ang maiden name mo sa application i think that's fine as long as it's consistent. meaning yun mga info na nilagay mo sa application mo is same with what you currently have. just like what SSTHOMAS said about the reply of the immigration regarding that matter.
"With respect to visa applications submitted to our office, all information to be declared by the applicant must be consistent with all documentation. As a rule, the name of the applicant in his/her application shall be consistent with his/her current and valid passport. As such, if the applicant takes after the spouse's name, all documents shall be consistent when submitted to our office, including the passport details."

pero may point din si micah101 na mas smooth nga siguro yun process pag gamit mo na last name ng husband mo. just like what we did na pinachange na namin right before we filed the application para wala ng question pa if ever. but still..that would depend on the V.O processing your application. meron nga yun iba green passport pa ang pinass, eh diba preferred na nila yun brown pero naDM na sya ngayon. so i think that doesnt matter. no worries! ;D

oh but yeah, share ko lang. i remember it na micah. nun pumunta ako sa DFA for my passport name change a lady also told me na i need to attend a seminar since citizen daw asawa ko sa ibang country. but then i said na i was just told by sanfrancisco consulate na ipakita lang report of marriage then pwede na ko parenew, pero sabi ng DFA need pa ng NSO marriage certifate so kumuha ako before ako bumalik for the second time sa DFA. kinausap ko pa nga pala yun isang manager ng dfa kasi pagbalik ko dun the second time with NSO marriage cert that they asked sinabihan nga ako na need ko attend seminar eh sabi ko sabi nila report of marriage lang then sabi nyo NSO marriage cert eto bumalik na ko with NSO marriage cert then now seminar naman??? then yun pinrocess naman na nila without me to attend the seminar anymore..so i guess need talaga umattend nagkataon lang siguro yun sa akin na hindi na ko pinattend. ;D lucky me. pero try nyo rin kausapin. :D medyo malayo kasi yun office kung san ka magseminar from sa main building ng DFA sa manila and baka di na ko umabot sa closing time nila kaya i am so worried that time na i need na talaga kumausap ng manager.