+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship Abu Dhabi office

Dominica

Star Member
Feb 23, 2010
Hi Hameedhr,

I too was requested to send additional documents just like what you sent in December,2011 since i was go on vacation back to India, it sent it to them in January,2012 when i returned from India.....then in February,2012 i got an email from them requesting me to send my passport to issue the visa, the visa was issued and passport returned in 10-12 days.

Since you say you medicals expire in May,2013 they should issue you the visa and you will have to complete the landing before the expiry of the medicals, or else you will have to redo the medicals. medicals are valid for one year. Maybe you can try calling them.... I think you mentioned that your wife is not in canada at the moment right ?.... its better she is there thats what they also look for.

Bebo Joseph

Mar 12, 2013
Hi Dominica,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I asked this ques in 3 months because I did not get any info from the Abudhabi office, like the AOR, which lot of people who have applied have received the same in the span of 2 months.

One of my friend applied from Delhi embassy, he has submitted evidence (less than me), and he has received the passport call in 2.5 months. He has already sent his passport. I wish that there was some way I knew that my documents are being processed. It was my stupidity that I opted for Abudhabi instead of Delhi. It was my inlaws advice also the fact that I could not send the passport out of the counry and since few of their friends(in laws) got it in 6 months time. I just wanted to know whether they have started processing my application.

Any suggestions?? thanks a ton!!! I don't know anyone who can help me out like you do.

mrs alkhatib

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They requested docs from my husband :eek:
but i don't understand what the use of a representitive form is used for? :-\

Dominica

Star Member
Feb 23, 2010
HI There,

Did you followup and check if the documents you sent were received by the office, check with the courier company, check your email if anything is gone in junk/spam mail maybe you have missed out on the email or try emailing the Abu Dhabi office on the same email they would have sent you requesting for the additional documents.

Remember if you are living in the GCC your file will be directed to Abu Dhabi, i too had opted for Delhi but the visa office directed my file to Abu Dhabi office then since i lived in Qatar. What does the online status say on the progress of your file.

Bebo Joseph said:
Hi Dominica,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I asked this ques in 3 months because I did not get any info from the Abudhabi office, like the AOR, which lot of people who have applied have received the same in the span of 2 months.

One of my friend applied from Delhi embassy, he has submitted evidence (less than me), and he has received the passport call in 2.5 months. He has already sent his passport. I wish that there was some way I knew that my documents are being processed. It was my stupidity that I opted for Abudhabi instead of Delhi. It was my inlaws advice also the fact that I could not send the passport out of the counry and since few of their friends(in laws) got it in 6 months time. I just wanted to know whether they have started processing my application.

Any suggestions?? thanks a ton!!! I don't know anyone who can help me out like you do.

Dominica

Star Member
Feb 23, 2010
mrs alkhatib said:
They requested docs from my husband :eek:
but i don't understand what the use of a representitive form is used for? :-\
If you are not using a representative no need to fill the form.

Ebsoon

Sep 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/06/2012
Doc's Request.
By Abu Dhabi 04/12/2012
AOR Received.
From Abu Dhabi 04/12/2012
File Transfer...
28/09/2012
Med's Done....
10/05/2012
Passport Req..
18/03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
25/03/2013
LANDED..........
Should be 20/04/2013
mrs alkhatib said:
what to expect after document request??
Passport request

Bebo Joseph

Mar 12, 2013
Dear Dominica,

I think you got my situation mixed up with somebody else's. I will just re-post what happened

Documents received in Missisuaga on Nov 13 2012.
Sponsorship approved and Documents forwarded to Abudhabi office on Dec 3, 2012.

After that there is no mail from anyone, nor calls. Abudhabi office has neither sent a mail nor calls ...nor asked for additional documents, nothing. I am keeping check on mails and junk mails.

Do they take time to inform the candidate about documents received by them? Something like "your documents have been received in Abudhabi Embassy and it is in process" . Do they inform this to every person? because my friend (he is working here in UAE in my own office) and applied to Delhi Embassy received a message to send the passport, he did not get any message about his documents being in process in Delhi embassy, he was just asked to send the passport.

I rarely doubt if they would ask for additional document, since I have send all the detailed documents. I have asked my wife to call up the call centre and check with them on Monday, 19th mar as to whether it is in process since we don't have any message.

Can you help us out in understanding our situation. because it has been 4 months till the entire process started, 3 months since the documents were sent to Abudhabi and we don't have an update

Bebo Joseph

Mar 12, 2013
Dear Dominica,

I think you got my situation mixed up with somebody else's. I will just re-post what happened

After that there is no mail from anyone, nor calls. Abudhabi office has neither sent a mail nor calls ...nor asked for additional documents, nothing. I am keeping check on mails and junk mails.

Do they take time to inform the candidate about documents received by them? Something like "your documents have been received in Abudhabi Embassy and it is in process" . Do they inform this to every person? because my friend (he is working here in UAE in my own office) and applied to Delhi Embassy received a message to send the passport, he did not get any message about his documents being in process in Delhi embassy, he was just asked to send the passport.

I rarely doubt if they would ask for additional document, since I have send all the detailed documents. I have asked my wife to call up the call centre and check with them on Monday, 19th mar as to whether it is in process since we don't have any message.

Can you help us out in understanding our situation. because it has been 4 months till the entire process started, 3 months since the documents were sent to Abudhabi and we don't have an update

Ebsoon

Sep 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/06/2012
Doc's Request.
By Abu Dhabi 04/12/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
28/09/2012
Med's Done....
10/05/2012
Passport Req..
18/03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
25/03/2013
LANDED..........
Should be 20/04/2013
In 2012 Only 2 months from submitting the additional Documents is the maximum timing to get passport's request,,, in 2013 i have submitted the requested documents almost 3 months back and nothing happened,,,, i don't know if it is our bad luck or the V.O became slow for some reason.. most of us r finished all the process of issuance the visa, now just crossing the fingers and waiting for a passport request..

i don't know up to what time we have to wait, it's very frustrating ;-)

hameedhr

Dec 27, 2011
hmm..!!

i have submitted the requested additional documents in December 2012 and since then nothing happened,,,, i am also waiting for thier request for passport .. as in my medical wil also will be expired on 03.05.2013.. i am more frustrated than you guys.. but even then i am enyjoying UAE atmosphere :)
i think we should be psoitive about that and hope for the best .. dont presume its our bad luck.. this is the best time we are having right now.. as in we dont know what problems we will be facing when we reach canada.. so enjoy this time everybody will be immigrant at their own best time Insha ALlah :)

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
Bebo Joseph said:
Dear Dominica,

New Delhi visa office normally requests for passport very early in the process and there are members who have waited close to 6 months after sending the passport. I assume Abu Dhabi VO asks for passport only when they are ready to issue visa. So you cant compare based on passport request as the process is different. Hope this helps. All the best!

Tsichi15

Star Member
Sep 11, 2012
its been 4 months since i submitted the requested documents, and it will be 2 months after they started processing my application... i'm about to lose hope sooo tired of waiting... :(

Ebsoon

Sep 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/06/2012
Doc's Request.
By Abu Dhabi 04/12/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
28/09/2012
Med's Done....
10/05/2012
Passport Req..
18/03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
25/03/2013
LANDED..........
Should be 20/04/2013
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAW,,, Finally Today i got passport request,,

thank you all for your help..
i wish all of you get the same soon.. all the best :)

snowman101

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2012
Doc's Request.
ECAS changed to "In Process" January 28, 2013
AOR Received.
August 17, 2012 (CIC Mississauga)
File Transfer...
August 21, 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 19, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 2013
Ebsoon said:
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAW,,, Finally Today i got passport request,,

thank you all for your help..
i wish all of you get the same soon.. all the best :)
WOW! Congratulations!!! I hope we get same news soon too... :(