+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship Abu Dhabi office

KWT2CDN

Feb 4, 2014
In the IMM 3911 Residency Questionnaire for Abu Dhabi, Q12 and Q13 require some information (employer and residence) regarding the sponsor; it also mentions in underline "since the time your sponsorship application was submitted".

1. Since we are supposed to send the complete information pack including this form; should I leave it blank? What did you do?

2. Second out of the two Residency Questionnaires-Fc3 (To be completed by the Sponsor who is the child’s parent) is only for the applicants with children. I can assume its not related to me; do I still need to fill it up in the parts where I know the information or should I just ignore it?

Thank you.

JenPin

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
File Transfer...
SA : 28-01-2014
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
KWT2CDN said:
In the IMM 3911 Residency Questionnaire for Abu Dhabi, Q12 and Q13 require some information (employer and residence) regarding the sponsor; it also mentions in underline "since the time your sponsorship application was submitted".

1. Since we are supposed to send the complete information pack including this form; should I leave it blank? What did you do? - Enter all the details starting with the sponsor's current emplpoyer and for the 'to' date you can write "Present"

2. Second out of the two Residency Questionnaires-Fc3 (To be completed by the Sponsor who is the child's parent) is only for the applicants with children. I can assume its not related to me; do I still need to fill it up in the parts where I know the information or should I just ignore it? - If you do not have children, do not fill in that form. It is not related to you.

Thank you.

Sparrow19

Jan 5, 2014
KWT2CDN said:

1. Since we are supposed to send the complete information pack including this form; should I leave it blank? What did you do?

2. Second out of the two Residency Questionnaires-Fc3 (To be completed by the Sponsor who is the child's parent) is only for the applicants with children. I can assume its not related to me; do I still need to fill it up in the parts where I know the information or should I just ignore it?

Thank you.
Residency Questionnaire (Additional documents for residents of Abu Dhabi). If you are in Kuwait and not a resident of Abu Dhabi I think this forms doesn't applies to you.. In my case I did not filled up nor included this Residency Questionnaire in my application since I am in Saudi Arabia. But check it out closely if my understanding is correct.. Anyhow it doesn't matter if this document will be included, you are still at the safe side.

teaya_ram

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
JenPin said:
I am getting restless with each passing day!!

Any luck with the notes you ordered?
No, not yet, but we still have 15 days to hit the 30 day mark.
Today we did receive ADR from ADVO and confirmation that his application is received, so things are starting to move along thank god :)

Ellena

Feb 10, 2014
Hi all,

I would really appreciate it if someone can help me out.

Long story short, I sponsored my husband Setember 10 2013 with a complete application including the medical and police certificate. I have never received any emails from missausaga saying whether or not I am approved, nor am I able to access my status online using my receipt number.

Heres where this gets frustrating for me..

I'm currently living with my husband outside of canada and we have a daughter together.. Being apart for that long is not an option for us. (Even tho Im home sick lol) I'm assuming everything is cleared and approved on my end because my husband has missed several phone calls from the embassy in Abu dhabi. (They called end of December) It's been more than a month and they havent called back and nobody has answered any of my emails either.

Shouldn't I have received some sort of email by now? We have never heard a word from anyone yet.

What do you guys think I should do?

JenPin

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
teaya_ram said:
No, not yet, but we still have 15 days to hit the 30 day mark.
Today we did receive ADR from ADVO and confirmation that his application is received, so things are starting to move along thank god :)
That's good news. Well atleast we know they are working on it!!

I have updated the sheet for ADR and AOR from VO as 10th Feb 2014. It took 3 months for ADVO to revert to you after SA!!

If you dont mind, please can you share what ADR you received from ADVO?

Thanks.

JenPin

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
Ellena said:
Hi all,

I would really appreciate it if someone can help me out.

Long story short, I sponsored my husband Setember 10 2013 with a complete application including the medical and police certificate. I have never received any emails from missausaga saying whether or not I am approved, nor am I able to access my status online using my receipt number.

Heres where this gets frustrating for me..

I'm currently living with my husband outside of canada and we have a daughter together.. Being apart for that long is not an option for us. (Even tho Im home sick lol) I'm assuming everything is cleared and approved on my end because my husband has missed several phone calls from the embassy in Abu dhabi. (They called end of December) It's been more than a month and they havent called back and nobody has answered any of my emails either.

Shouldn't I have received some sort of email by now? We have never heard a word from anyone yet.

What do you guys think I should do?
Hi,

Have you tried accessing ECAS with your UCI?

The normal process is they send you a letter (email or through post) when they receive your application at Missisuaga, then the result of the sponsorship eligibilty is communicated. Thereafter the file is sent to Abu Dhabi VO wherein they communicate that they have received your application and request for additional documents if required.

If you have mentioned your email id in the application, all correspondence will be via email. Hope you are checking your spam folder as well.

You could write an email to Abu Dhabi VO and explain the situation.

Ellena

Feb 10, 2014
JenPin said:
Hi,

The normal process is they send you a letter (email or through post) when they receive your application at Missisuaga, then the result of the sponsorship eligibilty is communicated. Thereafter the file is sent to Abu Dhabi VO wherein they communicate that they have received your application and request for additional documents if required.

If you have mentioned your email id in the application, all correspondence will be via email. Hope you are checking your spam folder as well.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I don't know what my UCI number is since I've never received any letter or email since I've sent my application in. I'm constantly checking all folderss, theres nothing at all.

I've emailed Abu Dhabi on January 5th still no reply.. I guess I have to wait some more before I hear anything.. How long does it usually take them to respond to emails? On the automated response I got back they wrote 15 days but its been a lot longer than that. :(

aism.abbas

Star Member
Jun 23, 2013
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
Abudhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
31-08-2013
File Transfer...
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
17-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2014
LANDED..........
17-07-2014
JenPin said:
Hi,

I never Heard any one receive call from Embassy all the communication is done by email if you have written it on the Forms to be filled.

JenPin

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
Ellena said:
Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I don't know what my UCI number is since I've never received any letter or email since I've sent my application in. I'm constantly checking all folderss, theres nothing at all.

I've emailed Abu Dhabi on January 5th still no reply.. I guess I have to wait some more before I hear anything.. How long does it usually take them to respond to emails? On the automated response I got back they wrote 15 days but its been a lot longer than that. :(

Hi Ellena,

Please check what details you have filled in IMM 1344 form in answer to the 7th question.

It states the UCI/Client ID for the sponsor who is a Canadian PR or naturalised Canadian citizen.

KWT2CDN

Feb 4, 2014
Thank you JenPin. My wife (sponsor) does not work; so just wanted to confirm that I will leave the employment section blank?

KWT2CDN

Feb 4, 2014
Sparrow19 said:
Residency Questionnaire (Additional documents for residents of Abu Dhabi). If you are in Kuwait and not a resident of Abu Dhabi I think this forms doesn't applies to you.. In my case I did not filled up nor included this Residency Questionnaire in my application since I am in Saudi Arabia. But check it out closely if my understanding is correct.. Anyhow it doesn't matter if this document will be included, you are still at the safe side.
Thank you for your reply Sparrow19. Actually that was understanding earlier but then in that Residency Questionnaire there was a question asking "when will you cancel your gulf visa?" That made me think that it applies to the people in the gulf states. If I don't fill it; then most likely they will ask me to send one later. So I am going to send this form too. I am actually extremely worried about this very question as I learnt thorough a few forums that they ask the applicant to cancel the visa with in a month or two before they will issue the PR visa. My concern is that how is one possible to pack up everything in such a short time and move to Canada without any job.

CanadianinDubai

Feb 11, 2014
Hi I am new to this forum.
I just wanted to let you all know that I have sponsored my spouse through the abu dhabi office.
we both reside in UAE.
I was approved as a sponsor very shortly after we applied march 2013.
we heard from immigration a few times during 2013, mostly asking to translate some documents which were not in english or french and get some items notarized.
we always sent documents back asap via courier.
what someone said earlier about the files having revisit dates is correct.
i have applied through a lawyer and spoken to consultants in uae and canada as well.

the ECAS showed "processing" in september 2013
we heard from them in november asking for something to be translated and nothing since then.
I think they had major down time during december and maybe spend january catching up.
when we first applied abu dhabi website said 28 months.
i emailed them and they said that was not true and that spousals were being done in 6-12 months.
i emailed them again in the summer of 2013 and they said the same thing.
that the processing time on the website was not correct and they were processing spousals in 6-12 months.
my 12 months are up in march.
so i have emailed them again asking what is the current processing times (becuase you cant ask for a status till the processing time is over)
so waiting for them to get back.
once time they replied in 2 weeks.
once they replied the next day
now its been about 2 weeks.

you cant do anything but sit tight.
and make sure you dont miss their emails or communications.
will let you know if i hear from them. :)

JenPin

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
CanadianinDubai said:
Hi I am new to this forum.
I just wanted to let you all know that I have sponsored my spouse through the abu dhabi office.
we both reside in UAE.
I was approved as a sponsor very shortly after we applied march 2013.
we heard from immigration a few times during 2013, mostly asking to translate some documents which were not in english or french and get some items notarized.
we always sent documents back asap via courier.
what someone said earlier about the files having revisit dates is correct.
i have applied through a lawyer and spoken to consultants in uae and canada as well.

the ECAS showed "processing" in september 2013
we heard from them in november asking for something to be translated and nothing since then.
I think they had major down time during december and maybe spend january catching up.
when we first applied abu dhabi website said 28 months.
i emailed them and they said that was not true and that spousals were being done in 6-12 months.
i emailed them again in the summer of 2013 and they said the same thing.
that the processing time on the website was not correct and they were processing spousals in 6-12 months.
my 12 months are up in march.
so i have emailed them again asking what is the current processing times (becuase you cant ask for a status till the processing time is over)
so waiting for them to get back.
once time they replied in 2 weeks.
once they replied the next day
now its been about 2 weeks.

you cant do anything but sit tight.
and make sure you dont miss their emails or communications.
will let you know if i hear from them. :)
Welcome Canadianindubai!!

Thanks a lot for sharing your journey so far. I hope you hear from CIC very soon.

Please can you elaborate on files having revisit dates? What does that mean?

Best of luck with your application!

teaya_ram

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
JenPin said:
That's good news. Well atleast we know they are working on it!!

I have updated the sheet for ADR and AOR from VO as 10th Feb 2014. It took 3 months for ADVO to revert to you after SA!!

If you dont mind, please can you share what ADR you received from ADVO?

Thanks.
Yes of course.
Dear Applicant:
In order to continue processing your application, we ask that you provide us with the following documents/information:
- Proof that your Canadian Citizen sponsor is currently residing in Canada or will reside in Canada when you become a permanent resident. If your sponsor is currently residing in Canada, please provide copies of Canadian tax documents (Notice of Assessment (NOA), T1 and T4); three (3) recent pay stubs and any other document which proves that your sponsor is living in Canada. If your sponsor is currently residing outside of Canada, we will require satisfactory evidence that they will reside in Canada once you become a permanent resident. Satisfactory evidence would include: copy of cancelled residency permit (in the Gulf); copy of resignation letter showing that it has been accepted by your sponsor's employer; evidence that "end of contract" benefits have been paid; and so on. This will be required before a permanent resident visa can be issued. If your sponsor does not believe that they will be ready to move to Canada when your permanent resident visa is issued, then you may wish to consider withdrawing this current application. Your spouse could then submit a new sponsorship when they are prepared to move to Canada.
- Your original police certificate from Egypt issued in the last 3 months. Original should be stamped by the Ministry of Interior in Egypt with the results.. If this document is written in a language other than English or French it must be translated in English or French by a professional translator. The original document must be attached with the translation. For information on how to obtain a police certificate from any country, please visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp
- A copy of your dependent child’s (born in 2013) birth certificate. If this document is written in a language other than English or French it must be translated in English or French by a professional translator. The copy of the original document must be attached with the professional translation.
If we have asked you to submit an original police certificate(s), and/or photos, please send all required documents together by regular mail or courier. You cannot send police certificates and/or photos by fax or as an email attachment because we require original police certificates/printed photos.
If we have asked you to send us several documents, you are required to submit all the documents together. Do not send documents one at a time. You should include your name and file number (which is indicated in the subject line) in all your correspondence.
You cannot come to the Embassy to submit the required documents in person. Unless otherwise specified, you can send the required documents using one of the following options:
Regular mail OR Courier (All courier charges are paid by the applicant):
Canadian Embassy