Medicals received: October 22, 2013
AOR from CIC: November 9, 2015
AOR from ADVO: still waiting
E-case: Application received
Interview: not yet, god willing wavered
Passport request: still
Visa received: still
Hi teaya_ram,

Please advise the date you got the Sponsorship Approval.

JenPin

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
File Transfer...
SA : 28-01-2014
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
teaya_ram said:
Oh sorry forgot that one
SA: NOVEMBER 15, 2013
Thanks Teaya. You have been added to the spreadsheet. :)

Are you able to access ECAS with your details? My sponsor got SA last week and I was hoping to hear from ADVO with a UCI so I could check the status online. But no luck so far. :'(

KWT2CDN

Feb 4, 2014
Hi ,

My Canadian citizen wife is sponsoring me as a spouse. I am working in gulf and my wife is living with me here.

1. I was trying to fill out the Supplementary Information Form and noticed an open field "File#", where do I get this file number from?
2. Is it absolutely necessary to go for an upfront medical or can I just wait for the instructions and medical paper to be received. From my little research it appears that they ask to redo it anyway since it expires in 1 year. In Kuwait it costs around $426 which is quite a sum. Just want to know my option as I am not in a rush to move to Canada for like 3 years but by then I will definitely move.
3. For the question to prove the intent of sponsor to move back, what could be the some good proofs or actions we could take? For now
a. We have an email letter of invitation to stay with family friends;
b. My wife has maintained a bank account in Canada;
c. My wife has been filing taxes as a resident since 18 years of age and we have those forms;
d. For year 2013 she will file the tax as a non-resident; (This bank account and taxes are to show that her ties are maintained with the country).
e. Back in May 2013, I made an inquiry to a Toronto based real estate agent to buy a house on mortgage etc, I have that email;
f. My wife tried looking into some colleges for masters program but this may not be feasible because of the long time period involved.
g. I plan on applying for a visit visa with the intention to go to Canada and assess the situation there before PR; if it is granted good to show that we are genuinely interested in moving and if it is refused then good to show that we wanted to go together for such purpose but were refused.
For some reason I don't find these proofs very tempting and want to make this area of the application very powerful-- Your suggestions will be appreicated.

4. The Abu Dhabi specif form requires me to write a date when I will cancel my Gulf residence visa; This is very tricky as no one knows for sure when there case will be completed and I want to move in like mid 2017. The process in my understanding takes around 30 months. How to tackle this question?

5. About the sponsor's work history: My wife was working in 2010 on some self employed sort of jobs like baby siting etc and a paid internship from a US company from home. How to handle the Employer information?

6. For a couple of years she was studying in US but didn't declare herself as a non-resident for tax purposes in Canada and filed as a resident. There was some income from internship working from home in 2010, which was duly declared in her tax return forms. Finally she moved back in 2011. Is there any visible issue?

I am so grateful for your help in advance.

b0465682

Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/10/2013
AOR Received.
06/11/2013
File Transfer...
08/11/2013
Med's Request
02/08/2014
Med's Done....
02/20/2014
Passport Req..
4/28/2014
VISA ISSUED...
5/05/2014
LANDED..........
1/06/2014
We got an email from the Abu Dhabi embassy requesting for our PCC from Saudi Arabia. We have followed the process and pretty much every thread or website I see, people had difficulties because Saudi’s don’t issue PCC unless we live there.

Is there anybody who wrote to them and got the PCC from Saudi waived? I have heard if we have genuinely tried and failed, we should write to the Canadian embassy with proof and ask them to waive it officially.

Your advise is kindly appreciated.

teaya_ram

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
JenPin said:
Thanks Teaya. You have been added to the spreadsheet. :)

Are you able to access ECAS with your details? My sponsor got SA last week and I was hoping to hear from ADVO with a UCI so I could check the status online. But no luck so far. :'(
Hey JenPin,
Yes, i can access ECAS with my details, i'm the sponsor, with the UCI that was provided by CIC when i got the SA, but when i use my husbands info there is nothing yet. So i think this means they haven't started to process his file yet at the ADVO. I sent for his ATIP note just to be sure that everything is ok and his file is there. I'm still waiting for them to come.

JenPin

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
KWT2CDN said:
Hi ,

My Canadian citizen wife is sponsoring me as a spouse. I am working in gulf and my wife is living with me here.

1. I was trying to fill out the Supplementary Information Form and noticed an open field "File#", where do I get this file number from?
2. Is it absolutely necessary to go for an upfront medical or can I just wait for the instructions and medical paper to be received. From my little research it appears that they ask to redo it anyway since it expires in 1 year. In Kuwait it costs around $426 which is quite a sum. Just want to know my option as I am not in a rush to move to Canada for like 3 years but by then I will definitely move.
3. For the question to prove the intent of sponsor to move back, what could be the some good proofs or actions we could take?

4. The Abu Dhabi specif form requires me to write a date when I will cancel my Gulf residence visa; This is very tricky as no one knows for sure when there case will be completed and I want to move in like mid 2017. The process in my understanding takes around 30 months. How to tackle this question?

5. About the sponsor's work history: My wife was working in 2010 on some self employed sort of jobs like baby siting etc and a paid internship from a US company from home. How to handle the Employer information?

6. For a couple of years she was studying in US but didn't declare herself as a non-resident for tax purposes in Canada and filed as a resident. There was some income from internship working from home in 2010, which was duly declared in her tax return forms. Finally she moved back in 2011. Is there any visible issue?

I am so grateful for your help in advance.
Hi there,

I am not an expert but based on the knowledge I have got reading other threads, I will try to answer some of your questions. I hope other experienced members can help you out too.

In answer to your questions:

1. File no. Is the Immigration file Number and is allocated when the PR application is submitted to CIC, Missisuaga by the sponsor and CIC sends an acknowledgement to the sponsor. You may leave it blank for now as clearly the file number will not be known at the time of filling the application.

2. It is not mandatory to do Medicals upfront. You may wait for CIC's request for medical and then do your Medicals. Since the medical results will be available online, it shouldn't take long for CIC to match the Medicals with your application.

3. I think you are on the right track however Other people suggest:

a. Contact a real estate agent in Canada and inquire about housing - Print the email convo and include it in your application (it shows intent of return)
b. Apply for jobs in Canada - also print the emails you receive from prospective employers (even if it's a refusal)
c. If you have children, contact schools or kindergartens in Canada and print the emails you receive from them or the one's you sent

I think that if you can prove that you are seriously keen on moving to Canada upon getting the PR approved by explaining your future plans it should be pretty smooth.

4. I suggest you put in the date of cancellation of Gulf residence visa 1 year from the date of submission of your application. Most applicants whose PR visas are approved get a validity of 1 year to land in Canada so you may want to consider that when putting in the date of cancellation.

5 & 6. I am not too sure how it works. Hope somebody else on the thread can help you out.

All the best with your application!!

JenPin

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
teaya_ram said:
Hey JenPin,
Yes, i can access ECAS with my details, i'm the sponsor, with the UCI that was provided by CIC when i got the SA, but when i use my husbands info there is nothing yet. So i think this means they haven't started to process his file yet at the ADVO. I sent for his ATIP note just to be sure that everything is ok and his file is there. I'm still waiting for them to come.

Did your husband get a UCI already or you are trying to check the status online using the File Number?

KWT2CDN

Feb 4, 2014
JenPin said:
Hi there,

I am not an expert but based on the knowledge I have got reading other threads, I will try to answer some of your questions. I hope other experienced members can help you out too.

In answer to your questions:

1. File no. Is the Immigration file Number and is allocated when the PR application is submitted to CIC, Missisuaga by the sponsor and CIC sends an acknowledgement to the sponsor. You may leave it blank for now as clearly the file number will not be known at the time of filling the application.

2. It is not mandatory to do Medicals upfront. You may wait for CIC's request for medical and then do your Medicals. Since the medical results will be available online, it shouldn't take long for CIC to match the Medicals with your application.

3. I think you are on the right track however Other people suggest:

a. Contact a real estate agent in Canada and inquire about housing - Print the email convo and include it in your application (it shows intent of return)
b. Apply for jobs in Canada - also print the emails you receive from prospective employers (even if it's a refusal)
c. If you have children, contact schools or kindergartens in Canada and print the emails you receive from them or the one's you sent

I think that if you can prove that you are seriously keen on moving to Canada upon getting the PR approved by explaining your future plans it should be pretty smooth.

4. I suggest you put in the date of cancellation of Gulf residence visa 1 year from the date of submission of your application. Most applicants whose PR visas are approved get a validity of 1 year to land in Canada so you may want to consider that when putting in the date of cancellation.

5 & 6. I am not too sure how it works. Hope somebody else on the thread can help you out.

All the best with your application!!
Thank you JenPin, really appreciate your response.

Regarding

2- The IMM 3911e & IMM 5491 document checklists specifically list the medical exam. If I opt not to take the exam at this point what should I do because obviously I will be leaving these checks blank; do I need to write an explanation for that; if so what should I write?

4 - Actually from the forum research I have concluded that Abu Dhabi office may require from the applicant to cancel the gulf residency before they stamp the visa. I am not worried about the validity of visa as I can always go there land and come back for some time. I am just concerned about what if they ask me to cancel the gulf residency before they stamp my visa. In that case I will have no choice but to take that option. However I was just thinking that what if I write the date which I believe coincides with the published application process time and with my plans, this might buy me some time. What do you think, any thoughts?

Thank you.

JenPin

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
KWT2CDN said:
Thank you JenPin, really appreciate your response.

Regarding

2- The IMM 3911e & IMM 5491 document checklists specifically list the medical exam. If I opt not to take the exam at this point what should I do because obviously I will be leaving these checks blank; do I need to write an explanation for that; if so what should I write?

4 - Actually from the forum research I have concluded that Abu Dhabi office may require from the applicant to cancel the gulf residency before they stamp the visa. I am not worried about the validity of visa as I can always go there land and come back for some time. I am just concerned about what if they ask me to cancel the gulf residency before they stamp my visa. In that case I will have no choice but to take that option. However I was just thinking that what if I write the date which I believe coincides with the published application process time and with my plans, this might buy me some time. What do you think, any thoughts?

Thank you.
I have read in the forum that some panel physicians do the medical only when an official letter from CIC is produced by the applicant. If you are not submitting your medicals, dont tick the checklist for that particular item.

Some of the applicants who were residing outside UAE got a visa validity of 1 year. In such cases they did not ask for the gulf visa to be cancelled. If your sponsor is residing in the gulf with you, CIC cannot expect you to pack up in one month's time or so. I guess they consider that if the sponsor is already residing in Canada then they ask for the cancellation before they grant the visa, else they issue a visa which will be valid for atleast a couple of months.

This is just my feedback, however you can put in the date close to the average processing time and wait for them to come back.

teaya_ram

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
JenPin said:
Did your husband get a UCI already or you are trying to check the status online using the File Number?
No, the UCI number was included in the Sponsorship approval letter I received with the file number as well. He has not received anything as of yet, but I use that number to access our E-cas online.

JenPin

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
teaya_ram said:
No, the UCI number was included in the Sponsorship approval letter I received with the file number as well. He has not received anything as of yet, but I use that number to access our E-cas online.
If that's the case, I guess its a long way off for me to get any update from them.... :'(

I hope you hear from them very soon!

KWT2CDN

Feb 4, 2014
Thank you JenPin.

I was just wondering that as an applicant for spousal sponsorship, I have been filling forms with my education details and jobs; am I supposed to include my educational certificates and work experience letters in the application pack?

JenPin

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
You don't need to include the educational certificates and work experience letters along with your application.

If they need any further details, they will ask you to send additional documents.

Keep it simple and don't try to hard. Stick to what they have asked, even the checklist doesn't mention it. The last thing you want to do is boggle the visa officer's mind with additional info/documents. ;D

teaya_ram

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
JenPin said:
If that's the case, I guess its a long way off for me to get any update from them.... :'(

I hope you hear from them very soon!
No, don't worry it will be sooner than you think. Thank you :) you as well. it's all just a waiting game, but it will be worth it in the end to have our families here with us.