Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
Impresso said:
Hello JenPin,

Thank you very much for the information and also thank you for adding myself into the spread sheet, this sheet is really helpful. Are you the only one who keeps this spread sheet updated or is there an automated process ?
Yes, I am the only one who is updating the sheet right now based on the tiemlines mentioned by the members of this thread.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
safa.umair said:
How long does it take to hear back from them after acknowledgement letter. We got it in March
Was your AOR letter from ADVO ? Did they request for any additional documents ? It is difficult to state the wait time after you get your AOR from ADVO - because the next possibility (if everything is good ), is an update of your medicals ECAS and request for your passport.

Just hang in there for a little longer. I'm with my wife in Dubai right now .. flying back on Monday. Not really looking forward to it :(

JenPin

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
File Transfer...
SA : 28-01-2014
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
Impresso said:
Was your AOR letter from ADVO ? Did they request for any additional documents ? It is difficult to state the wait time after you get your AOR from ADVO - because the next possibility (if everything is good ), is an update of your medicals ECAS and request for your passport.

Just hang in there for a little longer. I'm with my wife in Dubai right now .. flying back on Monday. Not really looking forward to it :(
Rightly said, it is difficult to determine what and when we would hear from CIC next.

I received the AOR and request for additional documents on 8th April and they had requested for proof that my sponsor is residing in Canada and copies of pages of all passports held by my sponsor since 2010.

I too am visiting my husband in Canada now and will be leaving for Dubai in 10 days, so not looking forward to it. :'(

safa.umair

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Impresso said:

yes acknowledgement letter was from Abu Dhabi and they requested tax docs (paste stubs etc) pictures and emails from the past 6 months. I was with my husband at the time so I sent pictures of us together on his birthday.. on ecas it says application received and medical received...thats all.

Jasjag007

Jul 4, 2014
Canada > Alberta > Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[move][color=Navy][b]♥ 30-09-2013 ♥[/b][/color][/move]
File Transfer...
[move][color=orange][b]♥ Oct-2013 ♥[/b][/color][/move]
Med's Request
[move][color=Brown][b]♥ Re-med 27-Jun-2014 ♥[/b][/color][/move]
Med's Done....
[move][color=Brown][b]♥ Re-med 28-Jun-2014 ♥[/b][/color][/move]
Interview........
[move][color=orange][b]♥ In Process 03-Jul-2014 ♥[/b][/color][/move]
Passport Req..
[move][color=blue][b]♥ 07-Nov-2013 ♥[/b][/color][/move]
wishing everyone a speedy visa 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
safa.umair said:
When can I expect to hear back from the ADVO
It would be difficult to state at this point in time, if you have already submitted documents. There is a way to see your case notes, but I am not exactly sure how to do that. Perhaps someone on this forum could provide directions.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
safa.umair said:
thanks for replying. Case notes, what is that? Please help me figure out how I can view it
It is called the CAIPS or GCMS notes , and it is usually requested by filling in a form and there is a fee of $5.00

I, myself have not used the CAIPS notes before but from what I know (and I could be wrong) the form IMM5563E needs to be filled for the CAIPS notes

IMM5563E --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563E.pdf

You may also need to fill in a Consent form, IMM5744E, if you are requesting information on behalf of someone else.

IMM5744E --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5744E.pdf

I have read in the forums, some applicants have been waiting over 3 months after sending additional documents and still haven't got any response yet.

Please research online, for obtaining CAIPS notes before you proceed. Hope this helps and let us know your updates.

safa.umair

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Impresso said:
It is called the CAIPS or GCMS notes , and it is usually requested by filling in a form and there is a fee of $5.00

I, myself have not used the CAIPS notes before but from what I know (and I could be wrong) the form IMM5563E needs to be filled for the CAIPS notes

IMM5563E --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563E.pdf

You may also need to fill in a Consent form, IMM5744E, if you are requesting information on behalf of someone else.

IMM5744E --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5744E.pdf

I have read in the forums, some applicants have been waiting over 3 months after sending additional documents and still haven't got any response yet.

Please research online, for obtaining CAIPS notes before you proceed. Hope this helps and let us know your updates.

Thanks for your help!

ASBA

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Hey guys, hoping for a speedy process for everyone...

I think the CAIPS notes are $50.00 and people have had success with them, so let us know. I'll order mine too if I STILL don't hear from them soon.

I tried checking the Application status but it wont let me in using the Client ID, but let's me in when I use my hubby's File Number. Has this happened to anyone?

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Yes Indeed - the notes do take about 4-6 weeks to process but useful information. About the application status - there seems to be some maintenance going on and even I am not able to see any status, probably some extended time.

Check the twitter for more updates https://twitter.com/CitImmCanada

ASBA

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Impresso said:
Yes Indeed - the notes do take about 4-6 weeks to process but useful information. About the application status - there seems to be some maintenance going on and even I am not able to see any status, probably some extended time.
Thanks Impresso! Ugh i just hope this maintenance doesn't delay our applications further. I feel like they have slowed down because there aren't any significant updates from anyone. :(

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
ASBA said:
Thanks Impresso! Ugh i just hope this maintenance doesn't delay our applications further. I feel like they have slowed down because there aren't any significant updates from anyone. :(
Yeh its still not up for me.. not sure if the ECAS is anyway related to our file processing but yeh very difficult to say what CIC is doing and what exactly ADVO does. You are atleast on your 2nd Stage AOR .. I am waaaay behind. Just a waiting game ..