30-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
03-31-2015 LC1 PR(principal applicant)
Passport Req..
04-06-2015 PP sent April 13,2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-26-2015 passport sent by ADVO to fedex,Passport recieved from ADVO to philippines april 30,2015
LANDED..........
May 7,2015
Sparrow19 said:
loveu did you try to tell your husband to send email to ADVO regarding the processing of his application... In the enquiry he should state when the application was submitted, the last contact you received from them and to inform them that your application is already exceeded the processing time stated for CIC Abu Dhabi. Because this is what I did during the processing of my application which is also took 17months before I received my visa. loveu your husband type of application and the timeline is the same as mine.
Sparrow,both of us sent them email regarding my husband application.I tried to send them a fax and letter because im applying PR with my husband,he is my dependant under live in caregiver class,are u applying PR under live in caregiver too?they said its case to case basis,

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
anxiouswife said:
Because it expires in a year and if they do not issue the visa before it expires they will ask you to do it again. Like mine now, it will expire in the next two months and no sign of my PR visa. So I am sure I will get a request to do the medicals again.
That is correct - in most cases the processing for Abu Dhabi take a little over a year, and the medical applied with the application expires and as a result a new medical is required.

Just wanted to clarify what it says on the Document Checklist - that a Medical Record must be provided and thats what we went for. I wouldn't see a problem doing the medicals again and in certain cases doing the medicals after, Just not sure what you would put in the Document Checklist.

anxiouswife

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
28-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
29-Oct-13
File Transfer...
29-Oct-13
ZZW said:
SA was recieved on 3rd june 2014...
We didnt recieve any email from AdVO uptil now but today ecas has been updated to
1. We recieved xxxx application fot permanent residence on April 1st 2014
2. Medical results have been recieved.

Well the thing is the applicant dint get any acknowledgment from ADVO...is it normal? And does that mean that they have started processing our application?
Yes it is normal to not have received acknowledgement from ADVO yet. My application was received on 3rd October in Ecas, SA approval on 31st Oct and I got an email from Abu Dhabi visa office only on 28th Jan that they received my application. You should receive the email this month...

Sparrow19

Jan 5, 2014
loveu said:
Sparrow,both of us sent them email regarding my husband application.I tried to send them a fax and letter because im applying PR with my husband,he is my dependant under live in caregiver class,are u applying PR under live in caregiver too?they said its case to case basis,
loveu... Your husband & I are in the same position by means of the application process is concern. I am also a dependant of my wife who applied for PR Application in Canada under live-in caregiver. Our timeline is the same as yours... Did you also tried to call the CIC Call Centre for an update and to inform them as well regarding your application process which is exceeded the processing time shown in their timetable? Try this email add where I sent my inquiries - abu-dhabi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca, cause all my query sent here had a positive response.

ZZW

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
Doc's Request.
05-08-2014
AOR Received.
16-05-2014 , SA Recieved: 3-06-2014, , AOR2 Recieved 05-08-2014
File Transfer...
3-06-2014
Med's Done....
23-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
anxiouswife said:
Yes it is normal to not have received acknowledgement from ADVO yet. My application was received on 3rd October in Ecas, SA approval on 31st Oct and I got an email from Abu Dhabi visa office only on 28th Jan that they received my application. You should receive the email this month...
Thank you so much for the clarification

loveu

Jun 29, 2013
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2010 canada for PR under live in caregiver program
Doc's Request.
14-11-2012 abu dhabi
AOR Received.
30-08-2013 from abu dhabi canadian immigration office
File Transfer...
18-01-2013 to abu dhabi
Med's Request
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
03-31-2015 LC1 PR(principal applicant)
Passport Req..
04-06-2015 PP sent April 13,2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-26-2015 passport sent by ADVO to fedex,Passport recieved from ADVO to philippines april 30,2015
LANDED..........
May 7,2015
Sparrow19 said:
loveu... Your husband & I are in the same position by means of the application process is concern. I am also a dependant of my wife who applied for PR Application in Canada under live-in caregiver. Our timeline is the same as yours... Did you also tried to call the CIC Call Centre for an update and to inform them as well regarding your application process which is exceeded the processing time shown in their timetable? Try this email add where I sent my inquiries - abu-dhabi-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca, cause all my query sent here had a positive response.
[/quote

Thank u sparrow,we both did sent them email at that email address,they always replied still in a queue waiting for initial review,files are process in order of reciept and i paid PRFee in advance too,i even asked help from MP and im still waiting for the result of CAIPS notes,i called CIC every week,my husband called ABDO and the secretary answered but she said to send email and thats what we did.before we sent them email every month to follow up and they replied not to email them several emails,we keep emailing them before because we want answer and to know what is the meaning of thier email files are processed in order of reciept,its really hard.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Would anyone be kind enough to tell me, how long does it take for a File to be transferred From Canada to the Abu Dhabi Office and also how long does it take them to update the ECAS ?

JenPin

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
File Transfer...
SA : 28-01-2014
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
Impresso said:
Would anyone be kind enough to tell me, how long does it take for a File to be transferred From Canada to the Abu Dhabi Office and also how long does it take them to update the ECAS ?
Hi Impresso,

The file transfer to the VO takes place soon after the Sponsorship Approval however we do not know how much time is involved. If you take a look at the link on my signature, you can see the timeline of the ADVO applicants and can roughly determine the timeframe for the next step.

ECAS is generally updated every Tuesdays however there is no particular format that they follow. For instance some applicants get medicals update when their file is in CPC, Missisuaga while others gets updated in their particular VO.

So hang in there and hopefully we should all be done with this very soon! :)

JenPin

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
File Transfer...
SA : 28-01-2014
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
safa.umair said:
Does anyone know which applications are being processed currently in Abu Dhabi?
Hi Safa,

It is very difficult to determine which applications are under process as every application is treated on a case-to-case basis.

If you take a look at the link on my signature, some applicants have gotten their visas in 6 months, some 8 to 10 and some in 15 months.

tamyboy

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
JenPin said:
Hi Safa,

It is very difficult to determine which applications are under process as every application is treated on a case-to-case basis.

If you take a look at the link on my signature, some applicants have gotten their visas in 6 months, some 8 to 10 and some in 15 months.
Hi, here is my time line, I am sponsoring my wife who lives in UAE

File Package Sent to Mississauga CPC - Feb 11 2014
AOR and Sponsorship Approval from Mississauga CPC - March 11, 2014
AOR and ADR from Abu Dhabi Office - May 12, 2014

Now waiting, can some one please tell me when can I expect to hear from them again ? Thanks,

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
JenPin said:
Hi Impresso,

The file transfer to the VO takes place soon after the Sponsorship Approval however we do not know how much time is involved. If you take a look at the link on my signature, you can see the timeline of the ADVO applicants and can roughly determine the timeframe for the next step.

ECAS is generally updated every Tuesdays however there is no particular format that they follow. For instance some applicants get medicals update when their file is in CPC, Missisuaga while others gets updated in their particular VO.

So hang in there and hopefully we should all be done with this very soon! :)

Hello JenPin,

Thank you very much for the information and also thank you for adding myself into the spread sheet, this sheet is really helpful. Are you the only one who keeps this spread sheet updated or is there an automated process ?

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
tamyboy said:
Hi, here is my time line, I am sponsoring my wife who lives in UAE

File Package Sent to Mississauga CPC - Feb 11 2014
AOR and Sponsorship Approval from Mississauga CPC - March 11, 2014
AOR and ADR from Abu Dhabi Office - May 12, 2014

Now waiting, can some one please tell me when can I expect to hear from them again ? Thanks,
Hello Tamyboy,

Have you already submitted all the documents requested ? Would you mind sharing with us what kind of additional documents were requested ?

You can probably draw a rough picture on the time line with the help of the spreadsheet below
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmTrRjKDvHemdDFBNldiNVBUY2I3OHhuOWlKTFNDOHc&usp=sharing&userstoinvite=vmjm1129#gid=0

but usually ADVO has a current processing time of about 15 months from the time they receive the application. Just have to hang in there and soon everything will be done.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
JenPin said:
Hi Safa,

This question about the time line for applications is a never ending debate. Some say it depends on the case and some say it depends on the Immigration Officer who handles the case ( Some are just lazy maybe ) . But yes, some cases the Visa is granted in 6 months and some have no choice but to wait... :'(

safa.umair

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Impresso said:
This question about the time line for applications is a never ending debate. Some say it depends on the case and some say it depends on the Immigration Officer who handles the case ( Some are just lazy maybe ) . But yes, some cases the Visa is granted in 6 months and some have no choice but to wait... :'(
Yeah you're right,I got acknowledment letter in march, still heard nothing back, I just got back to Canada after being with my husband and I'm not liking it.