Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi All ,
I submitted my application on 11th March 2017 by online for SOWP, and today i got a following email from donotreply@cic.gc.ca.
Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your account and check your application status and messages for more information.

This message is intended for the following e-mail address: cXXXXX@gmail.com. If this message is not for you, please delete it.

But when i logged in and checked there were no msg everything is same as it was on 11th march after paying online fee Anybody in this group also observed the same situation ?? why i got an email if nothing changed in my application account? Any idea?

Thanks in advance for replying this.

priyabhee

Sep 23, 2015
chandankumar said:
Hi All ,
I submitted my application on 11th March 2017 by online for SOWP, and today i got a following email from donotreply@cic.gc.ca.
Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your account and check your application status and messages for more information.

This message is intended for the following e-mail address: cXXXXX@gmail.com. If this message is not for you, please delete it.

But when i logged in and checked there were no msg everything is same as it was on 11th march after paying online fee Anybody in this group also observed the same situation ?? why i got an email if nothing changed in my application account? Any idea?

Thanks in advance for replying this.
you can see messages in the bottom above the following options.
there will be 2 options
1) view submitted application
2)return to previous page

chandankumar

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
thanks for replying @priyabhee , I have checked there too nothing new i got two messages just aftr applying .. and the messages are same.

viralraiyani

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
This is very very usual.
The update e-mail that you got is for confirming transfer of your file to the visa office.
It happened to me also.

chandankumar

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi All, Need your attention..

i have applied for spouse dependent VISA(open work permit) on 11 march 2017 by online method, as my wife already got student VISA on 15th Feb and she will be travelling next month end.(April last week)

While filing online VISA i missed to attach my educational docs by mistake and application got submitted ,also medical done on 27th feb. what should i do now? will they reject my application? :'(

I have given following docs in additional info section but somehow by-mistake :-[ i missed to give my educational docs :

Following documents are attached:
1) My statement of Purpose

2) My wife ’s documents

· College acceptance letter

· Full year college fees receipt

· Guaranteed Investment Certificate

· Photocopies of Passport pages showing the following:

Ø The passport number

Ø The date of issue and expiry

Ø Name and date of birth

Ø The stamp made by Canadian authorities for her student visa

Ø Student Visa approval letter from Canadian authorities that contains Unique Client Identifier (UCI)

Ø Stamp made my Mauritius authorities for tourist visa (for our honeymoon trip. Supportive documents are attached under proof of marriage document)

· Current employer offer letter

3) My Documents

· Proof of fund:

Ø Balance certificate indicating 18000 CAD liquid cash in Account number

Ø Provident fund balance statement 6000 CAD

Ø No Objection Certificate from my wife for utilizing her Provident Fund amount

Ø Wife’s Provident Fund Balance statement 4200CAD

Ø My father’s last two years Income tax returns

· Work experience:

Ø Offer letter

Ø All years’ salary hike and promotion letters

Ø Last three month Pay slips

Ø Income tax returns of last two years

· Intended residence in Canada

Ø An invitation letter from a close friends stating my accommodation arrangement at his place

Ø Friend’s signed Passport copy

Ø Friend’s signed copy of SIN number

· English Language Proficiency

Ø IELTS Score Card

chandankumar

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
viralraiyani said:
Hi,
This is very very usual.
The update e-mail that you got is for confirming transfer of your file to the visa office.
It happened to me also.
Thanks for reply .. i was also thinking the same thing... i m happy :) at-least they have started looking into it

Botinok

Star Member
Aug 2, 2015
Hi folks,

I got some questions about OWP application process.

My wife is a student, so I can obtain OWP as a spouse. I am now in Canada with my wife, my status is "visitor" and I want to get an OWP now.

I went through an "am I eligible" survey on CIC and got my checklist with applications in it. Now I have questions how to fill some of the fields in it.

1. For example, there's an article 7 with a question of my current country of residence. According to the information I need to write CANADA as I am in Canada now. SO they ask start and end date of my status (as a visitor) - should I put there start and expiration date of my VISA (even if I came to Canada a week ago)?

2. An article "DETAILS OF INTENDED WORK IN CANADA". I have NO job offer so what should I write there? Probably leave it blank - correct?

3. According to the check list the only document I should add is my marriage certificate. Do you recommend to add something else?

4. Should I write an explanation letter why I am here in Canada as a visitor and apply for an OWP?

thanks in advance.....

jsghai

Star Member
Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Guys please help me to clearout this, as they say 10 weeks does it means 70 working day ?

chandankumar

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi All
SOWP applied on 11th March and medical status changed to "Pass"on 17th March :D.. for how much time now i will have to wait any idea ::)

naveenpr

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2017
Med's Done....
31-03-2017
i have applied for my open work permit application through online on last Saturday..just applied with all the required application forms and supporting documents..

my wife is a full time student in Toronto,she has been to Canada in the month of December-2016..

now i am very much tensed and worried about my visa approval..i have done my application from a consultant in Hyderabad,where as she says that i cant says anything until you gets your visa

And now what i need is a kind of moral support from you since you are pretty experienced in this filed,i have read all your posts that gives me lot of confidence.

how many days it will take to get my visa result and in cic web site it shows 10 weeks is the processing time,will it takes really 10 weeks or before..

awaiting for your reply brother

Thanks

guru1313

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
NOC A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/01/2017
Med's Done....
09/01/2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
naveenpr said:
i have applied for my open work permit application through online on last Saturday..just applied with all the required application forms and supporting documents..

my wife is a full time student in Toronto,she has been to Canada in the month of December-2016..

now i am very much tensed and worried about my visa approval..i have done my application from a consultant in Hyderabad,where as she says that i cant says anything until you gets your visa

And now what i need is a kind of moral support from you since you are pretty experienced in this filed,i have read all your posts that gives me lot of confidence.

how many days it will take to get my visa result and in cic web site it shows 10 weeks is the processing time,will it takes really 10 weeks or before..

Thanks
More than 10 weeks
Approx 11-14 weeks

chandankumar

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
naveenpr said:

Thanks
i know two of my friends got SOWP VISA in a month. .. so be patient and wait ..I too applied on 11th on 17th my medical status changed to Pass.. keep waiting .. good luck

naveenpr

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2017
Med's Done....
31-03-2017
thnks chandan and thanks guru for your reply

please posted me with your results