+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
Hi Yadav and owp
I also want to send emails to india and Canada high commission please tell me how we can do because I am also waiting from March 22 and I visited MP also on this tuesday but he have not sent any response yet

sarashakira

Jul 22, 2016
Hi Guys,

My husband got a offer letter for postdoc position from a University in Toronto.
we are applying together, he for work permit and me for open work permit,
can you please guide me which documents are needed?
and is it possible we enter Canada together?

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
sarashakira said:
Hi Guys,

My husband got a offer letter for postdoc position from a University in Toronto.
we are applying together, he for work permit and me for open work permit,
can you please guide me which documents are needed?
and is it possible we enter Canada together?
Hi,

You can find the info here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-how.asp

It is possible for you both to enter together as long as you apply together. Since both of you are applying for a work permit, your processing time ought to be the same.

Good luck!

Linzar

Star Member
Dec 29, 2015
yadav said:
anybody whos file was taken for a further review and got approval? plz share your experience and timeline.

thanks.
@Yadav

How do you know that file has gone for further review? 29th April applicant here.. No update other than medical passed

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
Maaftgbkum,

i dnt think any1 is getting any kind of satisfaactory response here. but if u like to email u can chk cic india website: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/offices-bureaux/new_delhi.aspx?lang=eng#address

and u can find link to ther twitter and facebook page also which i dnt think will get much help. but u can first try cse, then MP and if nothing helps u can bother the high commissioner and if that doesnt help either final option is to email the minister of immigration on this site:
http://johnmccallum.parl.liberal.ca/contact-us/

i hope this helps.

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
Linzar,

my wife has contacted a local MP of her area and they contacted cic on our behalf n gave us this udpate that the file was forwarded for further review. and according to them there is not set timeline for this n it could have a greater delay now.

gsingh2711

Apr 30, 2016
yadav said:
OWP2015Dec

@CanadainIndia they keep posting something but have got no time to even acknowledge my dm.
even i sent a dm but no reply.
that is incredible India and their incredible employees.
Its a shame that they're taking so long for everything

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Maaftgbkum said:
India can never develop as other countries .even they cannot stick with their processing time.
While I won't comment on other things, processing times and CIC offices aren't any different even when you apply from inside Canada or from another first world country.

Of course that is not the entire story, they don't have the "not satisfied that you would leave at the end of visa" for inside Canada applications or from visa exempt countries, but pretty much every thing else is the same.

Lastly, on that note, around late 2015 FSW for a good chunk of applicants was the faster PR stream, even faster than inland applications.

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
this is for all if u call the call centre n not able to reach an agent. then the machine says applications made after march some date have not started processing yet and will take approx 111 days and apps made in june or after will take only 34 days a minimum to process. on one hand we r told application is sent for further review and on the other hand application status online still shows final decision- not started.

Victor paul

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/06/2016
VISA ISSUED...
16/08/2016
LANDED..........
13/09/2016
Hi@ yadav.
How did you get this valuable information

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Maaftgbkum said:
India can never develop as other countries .even they cannot stick with their processing time.
gsingh2711 said:
even i sent a dm but no reply.
that is incredible India and their incredible employees.
Its a shame that they're taking so long for everything
Maaftgbkum and gsingh2711:

Hope you realize that this has nothing to do with Indian government or its employees.

The consular staff who process your applications are CIC employees with absolutely no affiliation to the government of the host country where the consulate is located.

FYI, I live in a so called developed country and my application has not yet started processing after almost 7 months.

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
yadav said:
this is for all if u call the call centre n not able to reach an agent. then the machine says applications made after march some date have not started processing yet and will take approx 111 days and apps made in june or after will take only 34 days a minimum to process. on one hand we r told application is sent for further review and on the other hand application status online still shows final decision- not started.
Hi Yadav,

If I'm not mistaken, the automated message is for applications made by applicants within Canada.

I know that the MP office told you that CIC has advised them that your file is up for further review. However, where did you check the online application status of 'Not Started'?

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
OWP2015Dec,

i called my lawyer yesterday n asked for a screenshot of the application status. n its the same no update after review of medicalspassed. final decision not started. i think after MP's call they have forwarded only thats y no update abt decision to b under review or in process.

i dnt think that information got from call centre is for within canada but thats all my wife heard, though she tried to call them a few times but guess they had heavy call inflow not to answer our call.

even my lawyer said in such delay they r expecting my application to have an update within august only now.

though i asked my wife to cal MP's office but no1 was available to she will call on Tuesday n ask in more detail abt the inquiry they did for us.

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
yadav said:
OWP2015Dec,

i called my lawyer yesterday n asked for a screenshot of the application status. n its the same no update after review of medicalspassed. final decision not started. i think after MP's call they have forwarded only thats y no update abt decision to b under review or in process.
Thanks Yadav. I checked my application status here: https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/eta/applicationQuery?lang=en&_ga=1.165476543.141049417.1447965433

It says 'In Progress-CP'. On the other hand, my lawyer says that processing of my application is 'Not Started'. I guess they're looking at the MyCIC account. Very inconsistent information. Poor state of affairs indeed.

I want to apply for GCMS notes but my lawyer is useless and won't do it. Actually, since your wife is in Canada, she can apply for GCMS notes on your behalf. That would help understand what this so called 'further review' is all about. Although, they say that GCMS notes takes about a month.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp