OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
yadav said:
OWP2015dec

thanks i hope something happens.
Hi Yadav,

Hope you're feeling better today.

I received a tweet saying that the consulate is receiving a lot of emails and working through them as soon as possible. They did not answer the main concern of the application sitting around for so long. Sent them another tweet. If I don't receive a reasonable response, I will contact the Commissioner next week and then the Minister.

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
hello all, this is the email i have got from MP's office.

I spoke with a representative from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) this afternoon and unfortunately, I was told that you will simply need to wait at this time.

The wait time for this type of open work permit is 9 weeks, however, your husband's file has gone forward for further review, and there is no timeline associated with that review. There are numerous reasons that a file may go up for review. It is nothing to be concerned about at this point, but it does mean that there will be a greater delay associated with processing.

I should make it clear that as an MP's office, we are only able to act as a liaison between CIC and yourself. This office, and the MP, do not have the power to speed up the processing of applications through CIC. We are simply here to assist constituents in obtaining the information they need when they are having trouble getting updates from CIC on their own.

I understand that this is not the information that you were hoping for and I am sorry that I could not provide you with anything more at this time. If, by October you are still waiting, you may contact us again and someone at CIC can put forward a request for information on your file. This will bring your file to the attention of an officer and they will respond with an update on your file at that time. Unfortunately, this request can only be made if the processing time has gone past 6 months. If you are still waiting for processing come October, please contact me and I would be happy to contact CIC again.

I sincerely hope that your application is processed soon and again, apologize that I am unable to get any sort of timeline for you from CIC.

If there is anything that this office is able to assist with in future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
yadav said:
hello all, this is the email i have got from MP's office.

I spoke with a representative from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) this afternoon and unfortunately, I was told that you will simply need to wait at this time.

The wait time for this type of open work permit is 9 weeks, however, your husband's file has gone forward for further review, and there is no timeline associated with that review. There are numerous reasons that a file may go up for review. It is nothing to be concerned about at this point, but it does mean that there will be a greater delay associated with processing.

I should make it clear that as an MP's office, we are only able to act as a liaison between CIC and yourself. This office, and the MP, do not have the power to speed up the processing of applications through CIC. We are simply here to assist constituents in obtaining the information they need when they are having trouble getting updates from CIC on their own.

I understand that this is not the information that you were hoping for and I am sorry that I could not provide you with anything more at this time. If, by October you are still waiting, you may contact us again and someone at CIC can put forward a request for information on your file. This will bring your file to the attention of an officer and they will respond with an update on your file at that time. Unfortunately, this request can only be made if the processing time has gone past 6 months. If you are still waiting for processing come October, please contact me and I would be happy to contact CIC again.

I sincerely hope that your application is processed soon and again, apologize that I am unable to get any sort of timeline for you from CIC.

If there is anything that this office is able to assist with in future, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Hi Yadav,

It is good to see that the MP followed up with CIC on your behalf. It is also good to see that processing on your file has commenced. I feel that now the MP has reached out to them, CIC will review your file shortly and hopefully you will get your visa approval soon. The rest of the letter from MP is standard and I wouldn't worry about it.

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
OWP2015Dec,

well SonikaRJ here has also got her info from MP's office and there file is for further review for the past2 months already. im really unsure y they would keep it longer now. specially we r not even told wen it was forwarded for further review.

Can we all applicants just go untied to high commission and try to talk to high commissioner directly abt this? if its 1 thy will ignore but if we r many they will have to entertain us.

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
For twiiter i had no reply as i didnt tweet but direct messsage as that option is available on CanadainIndia twitter account. do u also consider talking to MEA in delhi? If Sushma Swaraj can b of great help to a fraud like Lalit Modi then I'm sure we can seek some kind of assistance as well.

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
yadav said:
OWP2015Dec,

well SonikaRJ here has also got her info from MP's office and there file is for further review for the past2 months already. im really unsure y they would keep it longer now. specially we r not even told wen it was forwarded for further review.

Can we all applicants just go untied to high commission and try to talk to high commissioner directly abt this? if its 1 thy will ignore but if we r many they will have to entertain us.
Hi Yadav,

My high commissioner is different from yours (yours is Mr. Nadir Patel). Also, not sure if everyone going together to high commissioner is necessarily going to help the situation.

In my mind, the next logical step might be to approach the High Commissioner (next week) and thereafter, the Minister of Immigration (week after next).

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
yadav said:
For twiiter i had no reply as i didnt tweet but direct messsage as that option is available on CanadainIndia twitter account. do u also consider talking to MEA in delhi? If Sushma Swaraj can b of great help to a fraud like Lalit Modi then I'm sure we can seek some kind of assistance as well.
Hi Yadav,

I do not live in India. Also, I don't think that government officials will look into immigration applications from ordinary citizens to other countries. They wouldn't want to be seen as interfering in the immigration processes of other countries.

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
OWP2015Dec,

Then is quite frustrating already. We have no set timeline and our expectations could b down the drain. Do update me on how u intend to get in touch with the high commissioner and the minister of immigration? I would like to follow the same steps.

Thanks

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
yadav said:
OWP2015Dec,

Then is quite frustrating already. We have no set timeline and our expectations could b down the drain. Do update me on how u intend to get in touch with the high commissioner and the minister of immigration? I would like to follow the same steps.

Thanks
Hi Yadav,

The contact details of High Commission in Delhi are here:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/offices-bureaux/new_delhi.aspx?lang=eng#address

The contact details of the Minister of Immigration are here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/minister/mccallum.asp

Both Mr. Nadir Patel and Hon John McCallum are also on Twitter.

I will first send them a tweet and if no response, send them an email.

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
yadav said:
OWP2015Dec,

Thanks
Also, the email address of Hon John McCallum is here:

http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parliamentarians/en/constituencies/Markham-Thornhill(769)

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
yadav said:
OWP2015Dec

@CanadainIndia they keep posting something but have got no time to even acknowledge my dm.
I am not surprised. I haven't received a response to my second tweet. Wondering if there is a hashtag for the delayed processing.

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
OWP2015Dec,

is there a way to tag like we do on facebook, in the tweet? i would love to tweet n tag the minister the pm and cic india and cic canda. atleast the message goes clear to all

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
anybody whos file was taken for a further review and got approval? plz share your experience and timeline.

thanks.