VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
aprado said:
I am applying for a Temporary Work Permit in a A skill level job with more than 1 year contract.
I am applying for my wife as well, and for her is the Spouse Open Work permit.

Do I need to show funds anywhere? I am applying on-line and didn't find the place.

Also I am confused on the Purpose of Travel - Other (required)

You must submit proof that you are coming to Canada for a temporary visit.
Examples of what you can provide as proof:
A scanned copy of:
Your flight ticket departing Canada,
Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking),
Proof of a medical appointment.

Is it enough to say that she will stay to support me emotionally for the duration of my contract? I don't know what else to say. Please help and thanks
If you require a visa to enter Canada, you would fill a trv application as part of your work permit application, which would have a field "Funds available for stay". I don't quite remember if this field would exist on a work permit form as well or not.

Either way, since you are the principal applicant and coming with an approved job offer, you do not need any other proof of funds. You just quote your annual salary (offered in Canada) in this field.

Purpose of travel is simply "Accompanying spouse"

aprado

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
fkl said:
If you require a visa to enter Canada, you would fill a trv application as part of your work permit application, which would have a field "Funds available for stay". I don't quite remember if this field would exist on a work permit form as well or not.

Either way, since you are the principal applicant and coming with an approved job offer, you do not need any other proof of funds. You just quote your annual salary (offered in Canada) in this field.

Purpose of travel is simply "Accompanying spouse"
Thank you for being so kind fkl. There's no field for funds.

So I don't need to state that we want to go back and proof / ties with my country? Do you think it would be easy for us since I already have the LMIA with 1 year contract job skill level A & my wife coming with me on spouse open work permit?

I am really afraid of maybe they saying I didn't prove ties with my country or something like that... I read a lot of this in this forum.

Thank you

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
aprado said:
Thank you for being so kind fkl. There's no field for funds.

So I don't need to state that we want to go back and proof / ties with my country? Do you think it would be easy for us since I already have the LMIA with 1 year contract job skill level A & my wife coming with me on spouse open work permit?

I am really afraid of maybe they saying I didn't prove ties with my country or something like that... I read a lot of this in this forum.

Thank you
"Saying this that I don't wanna go back" was never a requirement of CIC. I don't know where people develop this notion.

However, you have to show a convincing profile that the visa officer does not expect you to stay illegally in Canada. They have no issues if you find means to stay here permanently legally.

So they never specify what additional documents to provide since it is not a fixed set of docs.

However, you should attach what is important. E.g. experience letters of past jobs in the area you got LMIA for, your previous pay stubs of your income in home country etc. Basically any thing along the lines that convinces CIC that you are doing good in home country too.

They look for things like

a) Past jobs / experience / education not relevant to the job one got LMIA for.
b) Currently being out of work (generally is a red flag regarding ties)

So any thing you could provide that supports above would strength your ties.

sthomas9345

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Hi,

I am applying SOWP for my spouse who is currently in Bangalore. The process will be taken care of an attorney here in Canada? How long does the process take if the application is submitted in Canada for a person who is staying in Bangalore? Also, meanwhile I am planning to invite my dad here to Canada on a visitor's visa. Would my dads process interupt my husband's process like delaying his arrival or refusal of his visa? Please help.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
sthomas9345 said:
Hi,

I am applying SOWP for my spouse who is currently in Bangalore. The process will be taken care of an attorney here in Canada? How long does the process take if the application is submitted in Canada for a person who is staying in Bangalore? Also, meanwhile I am planning to invite my dad here to Canada on a visitor's visa. Would my dads process interupt my husband's process like delaying his arrival or refusal of his visa? Please help.
If your spouse is in Banglore, you cannot apply inside Canada. You can submit application online, but it will most likely be processed in the visa office handling Banglore. CIC recently changed their process a bit and announced that they could process online applications any where to balance the load. However, it is on CIC's discretion and applicant has no control over it.

Still CIC has now abandoned country based processing times. So it could be any where between a couple months to much longer.

A temporary resident doesn't really invite another one. Your father would be evaluated on his own profile and suitability. At best the purpose of visit could be seeing his daughter. But that's about it. He doesn't get quite the same position as the father of a PR or citizen would. So I don't think it has any impact on your SOWP.

sthomas9345

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Thank you fkl for your response.

Do I have to send any documents from my side for my dad's visitor's visa process? How long would his process take?

b4ahmad

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
FKL and seniors, please help:

Background: I completed Master's from Canada, and now I am doing full time job in skill level "A". I applied for my post graduate work permit (PGWP) and my wife's SOWP along with our son's TRV, ONLINE on 19-Jan-2016. Today I got this letter from CIC regarding application of my son,s TRV

Dear XXXX

This is with reference to your application for temporary resident visa. The temporary resident unit of the case processing center of Ottawa (CPC-O) only processes TRV applications for foreign nationals currently holding valid temporary resident(Student, worker) status in Canada. Our office is unable to process your application for a temporary resident visa. According to our records, you have applied for temporary resident visa, and it appears that you intended to apply for visitor record. If you would like to apply for visitor record, or visitor record extension, please go to the following link...

what does this mean? I think VO thought that my son is already in Canada and that he is applying for TRV, am I right? What should i do next, as my PGWP application and my wife's SOWP are still under process. Please share your experience.
Thanks

imarchuang

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ontario
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2016
Doc's Request.
HOPEFULLY NO
Nomination.....
HOPEFULLY SOON
AOR Received.
HOPEFULLY SOON
IELTS Request
SENT WITHIN APPLICATION
b4ahmad said:

Background: I completed Master's from Canada, and now I am doing full time job in skill level "A". I applied for my post graduate work permit (PGWP) and my wife's SOWP along with our son's TRV, ONLINE on 19-Jan-2016. Today I got this letter from CIC regarding application of my son,s TRV

Dear XXXX

This is with reference to your application for temporary resident visa. The temporary resident unit of the case processing center of Ottawa (CPC-O) only processes TRV applications for foreign nationals currently holding valid temporary resident(Student, worker) status in Canada. Our office is unable to process your application for a temporary resident visa. According to our records, you have applied for temporary resident visa, and it appears that you intended to apply for visitor record. If you would like to apply for visitor record, or visitor record extension, please go to the following link...

what does this mean? I think VO thought that my son is already in Canada and that he is applying for TRV, am I right? What should i do next, as my PGWP application and my wife's SOWP are still under process. Please share your experience.
Thanks
hmmm...I think the VO misinterpretate as if you are the one who intends to apply for TRV (instead of your son). My best bet would be trying to call CIC and starting from there. Hopefully they would ratify this mis-understanding. At worst, you might wait for your PGWP approval to file a separate TRV application then.

AEE11

Jan 26, 2013
I'm preparing SOWP application, and there is no properties on spouse name and there is no personal assets and not much bank balance too. What are the other options which I can use to show that my spouse would be coming back. How can I show strong ties to home country? Any suggestions?

Also I'm keeping a letter from parents and parents-in-laws saying that spouse would be coming back. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
b4ahmad said:

Dear XXXX

Thanks
Ignore any other explanation that you read about this. CIC gave you the correct feedback.

Your son's application is not regular TRV. It is a visitor record (or some times called resident TRV) that has to be included in your online application of PGWP and SOWP. I personally never applied for this separately, but CPC Ottawa does not process these applications. It is the other office (I believe Vigreville, Alberta but am not sure), which processes the PGWP and SOWP that has to process a dependent child visitor record application.

I am not quite sure how these got separated but all 3 of these applications should be processed at the same office.

If you applied through my cic, do you remember what options you choose to indicate your son's application? I suspect that if there was an option to choose visitor record where you might have chosen TRV which caused this submission.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
sthomas9345 said:
Thank you fkl for your response.

Do I have to send any documents from my side for my dad's visitor's visa process? How long would his process take?
You are welcome. You don't have to send any thing. In fact you have nothing to do with this application. At max your father can attach your details (work permit / job status etc.) to show that you live and work there and he intends to stay with you.

You can look at processing times of trv from home country. It would be the same time for your father as it would take any other visitor visa application from there.

AEE11

Jan 26, 2013
AEE11 said:
I'm preparing SOWP application, and there is no properties on spouse name and there is no personal assets and not much bank balance too. What are the other options which I can use to show that my spouse would be coming back. How can I show strong ties to home country? Any suggestions?

Also I'm keeping a letter from parents and parents-in-laws saying that spouse would be coming back. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
fkl can you help me with this...

hassan.arif

Star Member
Aug 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
File Transfer...
19-05-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2015
LANDED..........
04-09-2015
Well you are the strongest tie for your spouse and you are living in Canada.

AEE11

Jan 26, 2013
hassan.arif said:
Well you are the strongest tie for your spouse and you are living in Canada.
I know but atleast, just for cic happiness we have to still show something which tells that we have strong ties to home country, is there any alternatives thats what I'm looking for

hassan.arif

Star Member
Aug 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
File Transfer...
19-05-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2015
LANDED..........
04-09-2015
if your spouse works some where then try to ask manager to give a letter that they are giving some period off and will continue when your spouse will return.